Thread: Blizz support?

Blizz support?

So is there no way to contact blizzard through phone anymore?

We just rely on tickets and live web chat?

When did this happen? They running out of money to pay people to answer phones or something..

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually what they are doing is much more meaningfull and helpfull.
    The amount of effort they are putting into this is insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

They will still talk to you over the phone.

"How will the callback system work?

Instead of calling a number (and potentially waiting on hold) for support, you’ll use the support site on Battle.net to set up a callback. Just enter information about your issue, along with your phone number, and a Game Master will give you a call back!"

What this means is that you do not need to sit on hold to wait to speak with a Blizzad representative. You will provide them the contact details for your phone, and they will call you when they get to your issue. They will speak with you in person over the phone when they call you.

I think people were far more okay waiting 40 minutes (never waited that long, queue is full or 20 minute wait max... i feel someone is lying) over a 2 day wait. The immediate support that you may need was nice. This was done for blizzard, not the customer.

Although there are some out there who have never had to wait when they've reached out to us, that is not the experience shared by all. With this new callback system, it allows us to leverage our support more evenly across the board and provide a more consistent response time to folks. Since the move to the callback system, we've found that we've been able to respond to players faster than we previously were able to, and that's because it gives us a better opportunity to direct specific calls to those representatives who can best assist with a particular issue.

Currently folks are able to get a callback pretty much immediately, and there's also the live chat through the web browser which currently only has about a 15 minute wait. Thanks all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by insanium View Post
    I think people were far more okay waiting 40 minutes (never waited that long, queue is full or 20 minute wait max... i feel someone is lying) over a 2 day wait. The immediate support that you may need was nice. This was done for blizzard, not the customer.
    You have no clue what you are talking about. Apple did something similar years ago. Schedule a callback. The customer picks the time (even 5 minutes from now) and the system calls an Apple tech and then dials the customer. It is a much faster method and minimizes the amount of on-hold time the customer has to experience. I would gladly wait 30 mins for a callback vs 48 hours for a ticket. This was done to benefit the customer as much, if not more, than their own support staff.