Thread: Thought for FoF

10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Thought for FoF

Blizz say that FoF or Fist of Fury should be used on cooldown and they want players to use it but unless you're slow regen built or using AoC's rotation, it's not really worth using.
    Increasing it's damage so that it's viable for raid environment and not just stunning or parry on fights that can't be stunned (glyphed).
    They could increase it pve wise as I stated earlier and factor in other players resilience pvp wise so it's not OP in pvp which, as I can tell, the reason why most spells get nerfed due to it being OP or not in Blizz's taste as far as rotations go (starsurge pre-multidot nerf).
    Again, just a thought and I appologize now if their has already been a thread about it.
    Feedback on what you think is greatly appreciated, just nothing about FoF and moving please.

I honestly think that giving it a "Storm Bolt" esque effect would be the best way. Just have it do 250-300% more damage on targets permanently immune to stuns. That way it's not op in PvP, and it is worth using in PvE against raid bosses.

I mean, damage per chi it's a pretty good attack, and it's a good filler for low energy times. But when you have to worry about
    1) Not cutting the channel short, aka no movement for 5 seconds.
    2) Making sure RSK doesn't come off CD (aka you have 5 seconds out of 8 to do it, that leaves enough time for an RSK + jab + jab + FoF before it comes off cd).
    3) Making sure TP doesn't come unbuffed.
    4) Making sure combo breaker procs are used up.
    5) Timing it to extend procs off trinkets like TeD at 19 or 20 or just making a trinket last longer.
    6) Make sure you won't energy cap.

It's really hard to find situations to use it, but if we can have the damage increased, it may be okay to let RSK come off CD, or to not use CB procs before it.
    Last edited by FayrenPickpocket; 2014-01-21 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    I honestly think that giving it a "Storm Bolt" esque effect would be the best way. Just have it do 250-300% more damage on targets permanently immune to stuns. That way it's not op in PvP, and it is worth using in PvE against raid bosses.
    I don't like that idea because they would have to balance the rest of our dps around that crazy high damage and in any high movement fight it would just be crippling.

I think they just need to rework the ability completely

If you use TMW it's pretty simple to setup a bunch of conditions (think mine has 7, but not updated in a while) to tell you when it's optimal to use - though you still have to use your brain and know if you or the target is going to move soon.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-01-21 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    in any high movement fight it would just be crippling.

I think they just need to rework the ability completely
    It'd be kind of like a "no risk no reward" type of thing if you do stop to do damage but I agree with reworking it.
    Could possibly make it as how storm bolt is but not too much damage just enough to say that "if you're not using it, it can throw if your by a percentage"

As I posted here, I think the best solution for Fists of Fury is to change the meteor effect to an AOE damage cap, and to reduce the cast time.

Dragon Roar is a perfect example of a strong single target ability which has a balanced AOE damage scaling. It gets progressively worse the more targets there are. It's still more damage against 3 targets than it is against 1 target (it's just not stronger than Bladestorm in that case). The point is if you have Dragon Roar you want to use it on multiple targets, but it won't do unbalanced AOE damage against 20 adds. Fists of Fury should be scaled in the same way. The meteor damage split too inflexible. I think ideally it should do full damage on up to 3 targets or so, then start splitting thereafter. So a FoF might do 400k damage to 1 target, 800k damage to 2 (400k each), 1.2m damage to 3 targets (400k each), and 1.2m damage to any higher number of damage split evenly. Or to keep it more balanced like Dragon Roar it could scale more like 400k/750k/1mil/etc. So that the cleave damage isn't too high.

Reducing the cast time can either include changing the base cast time or changing the cast time scaling with haste, or both. I think it should be a 2-3 second cast (based on gear) instead of a 3-4 second cast. Again, I think the current 3-4 second rooting is too extreme... a lot can happen in that time. Bad stuff spawns at our feet and we have to move. I like having to be smart about timing FoF for movement and mechanics but again I think it's just overtuned with regards to the channel time.
    Last edited by Moozhe; 2014-01-21 at 08:29 PM.