Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    You list your location as Florida, big tourist state, so I recommend you get a job in a hotel as a night auditor, working 11pm to 7am.

Hotels are always looking for people to work those night shifts. You might have to deal with a few people, but not many, and not that often. As far as cash registers go, with hotel front desks, it's just a matter of pushing a few buttons on a computer, and not many people checking in that time of night, so you can take your time. Hardly anyone pays for hotel rooms with cash these days anyway.

And because hotels have a difficult time filling those positions, the pay is usually somewhat better, and doesn't require anything more than high school education. It can also lead to a better position within the property.

The audit itself, well it used to involve at least a little skill, but these days they're all computerized systems, again, punch a couple buttons, and you're done in a half hour or less.

And then you have the rest of the night all to yourself. You just have to stay awake, so bring your laptop! Play video games! Text all your friends at 4am! Best of all, you get paid for it!

I worked a night audit job for a while during college -- Lots of alone time to study all night long! And play video games, while texting my friends at 4am. good times, good times...
    Last edited by Cricket22; 2016-06-01 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Data entry positions would be a good one. You sit at a computer all day just typing bullshit into a system. Get to listen to music, maybe watch some youtube videos etc and the most interaction you'll have is talking with coworkers that are looking for a specific file

Go into IT Security. Since you want little interaction, ask for the weekend, night shift. You and maybe one other person will be working, many times on separate teams. A lot of companies will also allow you to work from home on this shift. You will get paid extra for working an off shift and you will pretty much never ever deal with any clients since they are usually not working at these hours.

Most IT companies are desperately looking for people to fill this role. You could easily get hired after getting your Security+ certificate, which any person can pass with a couple months of study.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Night jobs.

But like people have said here: Force yourself to learn to interact with people. I hate people as much as the next guy but it's a huge skill to be able to have. If anything after your shift you can drink to how stupid they all are.
    Exactly this, except I come home and vent some nights using MMOs and mindlessly grind mobs as if it were their faces. Learning people skills though, pretty damn invaluable and allows you to smoothly handle situations/people with ease as you get better using them.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    What are some common entry level jobs that have little to no human interaction. Well to be specific with strangers/customers. As someone who can't stand being in a crowd, speak in public, and find it difficult to talk to people in general I cant work a cash register, so Im wondering what kinda jobs would suit me.
    Try an Amazon fulfillment center.

Dish washer.
    Third shift shelf stocker.
    Warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    Try an Amazon fulfillment center.
    And various other distribution jobs.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Exactly this, except I come home and vent some nights using MMOs and mindlessly grind mobs as if it were their faces. Learning people skills though, pretty damn invaluable and allows you to smoothly handle situations/people with ease as you get better using them.
    Exactly. I really am amazed how much it helps. Sucks at first but it's worth the time and effort.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Lawn service
    Night Watchman
    Employee at an Apple store.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    2 year necropost, impressive.

Closing.