Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What you describe is multi dotting. Cleave is doing damage to surrounding mobs with out having to leave your primary target. Rake is so powerful that making it easy to spread around would make us TOO powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinderhoof View Post
    What you describe is multi dotting. Cleave is doing damage to surrounding mobs with out having to leave your primary target. Rake is so powerful that making it easy to spread around would make us TOO powerful.
    And toggling blade fury isn't?

It would be cool if they implemented something for if you leave your current target and only use Rake, you generate 0 combo points on the new target and lose 0 combo points from your old target. Either that or it will only give you combo points if your Rake crits on the new target.

Multidotting is cleaving for feral, as long as you leave dots on the main target (that's like at least 60% of your dmg)

No multi dotting is multi dotting. Cleave is Thrash and Swipe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post

It would be cool if they implemented something for if you leave your current target and only use Rake, you generate 0 combo points on the new target and lose 0 combo points from your old target. Either that or it will only give you combo points if your Rake crits on the new target.
    I didn't say that other classes don't have broken cleave. I just said ours wasn't as bad as everyone is complaining it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that having it easily spreadable would be OP.....but if you take into consideration that we lose all combo points on our main target to do it, the majority of the time, it isn't worth doing.

We do need some sort of ability to aid in a cleaving situation. Some sort of 1 min cd that allows cp's to be maintained on your current target for the next 3 moves?

Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post

Part of the problem is that every decent new idea that could go to either Feral or Rogues ends up going to Rogues, and Feral either gets nothing or a watered down version that isn't nearly as good.

Can you imagine a world where Feral combo points were on the player and Rogue combo points were on the target???

Deleted
    Feral couldn't be more perfect and fun than it is right now. Why do you want to change anything? I'd pay with my soul to not make them change ferals at all in WoD

- - - Updated - - -

Hibernate is not OP. (And you can also use it against shamans in wolf form).

"It is completely unavoidable." Are you kidding me? There's no other CC in-game that is easier to avoid than hibernate. It's ONLY hard to avoid if you run into a feral vs feral duel, because of the all the Predatory Swiftness.
    And there's nothing so fun like a feral vs feral duel. It's bashes, cyclones, hibernates 70% of the time. It's fun, and it requires a lot of skill, compared to fighting against other classes like DKs where you can't CC them at all. Then there's nothing else to do than just stand and DPS each other, like it was PvE.

But I guess that is what Blizzard is aiming for, since they remove all CC. Just two people standing and DPSing each other with 10 different spells.

Quote Originally Posted by leosen View Post
    Feral couldn't be more perfect and fun than it is right now. Why do you want to change anything? I'd pay with my soul to not make them change ferals at all in WoD
    Unfortunately that is not an option, Blizzard is removing snapshotting whether we like it or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Unfortunately that is not an option, Blizzard is removing snapshotting whether we like it or not.
    Well hoppfully they wont remove merge any of our spells

Quote Originally Posted by leosen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    snapshotting is middle - late MoP things with trinkets power abusement, everyone was playing fine before, noone complained
    even it's fine as it is and I also don't want any radical changes, kittens really could get some love in cleaving 3 to 5 target and low hp mobs

Deleted
    Combo points transferring to targets regardless of how often you switch, let's go.

How tied are you to thrash? Do you think it's a compelling or interesting ability? Would you rather it be axed and its utility (energy dump, aoe) be diversified among fewer abilities?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Thrash very much. I think that we might have progressed a little bit fast with having energy for it during single target, but most people tend to forget what Thrash was like at the beginning of the expansion. Now (at the end of an expansion) I think it is in an appropriate place.

If they do axe it, to me, it would make combat decisions much less thought out.

I think any discussion of Thrash has to include Ferocious Bite. As long as FB hits like a wet noodle we need Thrash. If FB does meaningful damage then Thrash becomes OOC only and not very significant. I would much rather see shorter more powerful bleeds and a meaningful Ferocious Bite than see Thrash stay relevant.

For direct damage to become meaningful again Bleeds will have to come down in damage. Shorter bleeds won't make them less meaningful, or we wouldn't have been able to do the WotLK rotation (which we did before Haste gave energy). The other issue is FB will cause PVP imbalances because of our burst. There is a reason it doesn't hit hard anymore.

The other issue is FB will cause PVP imbalances because of our burst. There is a reason it doesn't hit hard anymore.
    If they significantly buff player HP relative to damage, they could re-distribute Feral damage such that this isn't a problem anymore. I think it's been mentioned before, but if you're allowed to set up a full DPS train as a target as a Feral the target should be threatened.

Thoughts on the following idea?: While Tiger's Fury is active, you do not have an energy cap.

Does this oversimplify things? It's not worth a glyph spot, for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hullaballoonatic View Post
    Thoughts on the following idea?: While Tiger's Fury is active, you do not have an energy cap.

I think it might be cumbersome technically since all resources need to have some max value to - among other things - avoid breaking UI's. I think capping should stay as a "thing" since smart usage of TF should incorporate knowing when to use it to not cap it. I believe the problem we're trying to fix is that TF is in fact two abilities: free energy and a damage increase for 6 seconds. One way to do it would be to have TF give extra damage without the energy and have the energy as a separate cooldown. But they already mentioned they do not want cooldown stacking so both leaving it as-is and splitting it would still counteract this design goal... I guess we're stuck with the baggage still.

TL;DR TF is a weak "cooldown" per-se because the damage aspect is weak (at least for MoP standards) and the energy is prone to capping, especially with high haste or when stacked with bloodlust/berserk. Perhaps off-topic: I like what they did with the T16 4set: TF giving free combo points. With our direct damage hopefully being brought back into place, I see no reason why they couldn't just remove the energy from TF and give 2-4 combo points immediately upon use (along with the TF extra damage it would usually guarantee a strong finisher)

Quote Originally Posted by hullaballoonatic View Post

Might be my old, addled brain working here, but wasn't there a set bonus or talent that did something close to that? Pretty sure it was increase max energy cap when you used TF so you could use it at high energy and not "waste" energy. Probably accomplished a similar outcome to what you're describing.

For cleave, would something akin to what Guardians get when using Berserk be what people are desiring? I'm obviously not suggesting change Berserk to do what it does now for Feral and cleave your abilities to other targets, but something along those lines perhaps. Having something like TF cleaving abilities for the duration seems a little OP on the surface, but adjustments could be made to make it work. The question really is whether people would want something that occasionally cleaves as a bonus versus toggling/controlling exactly when you cleave via a separate ability (kinda like Blood Strike just happening to cleave as part of the rotation versus Blade Flurry being purposefully used when you want to cleave).
    Last edited by exochaft; 2014-03-12 at 09:49 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Might be my old, addled brain working here, but wasn't there a set bonus or talent that did something close to that? Pretty sure it was increase max energy cap when you used TF so you could use it at high energy and not "waste" energy. Probably accomplished a similar outcome to what you're describing.
    Yes, it was a Cataclysm talent called Primal Madness that caused your Tiger's Fury to raise your energy cap by 20.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer