Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just imagine yourself as random internet visitor of this thread .

On topic(about snapshots): I think blizz did not balance things with so much snapshots in their mind. Thus you see feral and aff top meters. Meanwhile blizz considered these two classes as middle of the pack. Thus blizz are going to remove snapshot.
    Last edited by mmokri; 2014-03-06 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    On topic(about snapshots): I think blizz did not balance things with so much snapshots in their mind. Thus you see feral and aff top meters. Meanwhile blizz considered these two classes as middle of the pack. Thus blizz are going to remove snapshot.
    Snapshotting is pretty balanced though, the only extreme outlier was Demo locks with the Lei Shen trinket. Sure feral is great and snapshotting is a big part of that, but there isn't a single fight in SoO (aside from immerseus which hardly counts)that feral is not beat by rogues, a class which does not use snapshotting of dots.

Snapshotting has definitely been a concern for blizzard when it comes to balance, In 5.2 they changed they way bleeds work so that they snapshot crit chance rather than updating dynamically that they had been, the same goes for any dots that were updating crit dynamically. Overall I thin snapshotting is fine and I'm sad to see it go, mainly because a lot of feral planning/thought process this expansion has revolved around being ready for trinket procs so that you can re-apply bleeds.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    I think everybody posting here realizes anything could happen. Personally I feel it will be very difficult to make Feral compelling gameplay without a complete overhaul due to the removal of snapshotting.
    Seconded, my main hype for Beta is to see what feral is going to be like, I'm worried that without snapshotting feral will be pretty boring for me, unless they shorten our bleeds or change a few things drastically. Without snapshotting you never really need to be on your toes ready for a trinket proc like you do now

Deleted
    This entire secondary stat discussion would be a lot simpler if we simply considered changing our mastery so that it gets replaced something that has nothing to do with bleeds only OR increases our entire damage OR increases the dmg% increase of savage roar (sorry, been playing too much monk). The entire discussion is essentially an extrapolation of the core issue that our main damage cooldown and our mastery have nothing to do with one another, as has been pointed out earlier in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    This entire secondary stat discussion would be a lot simpler if we simply considered changing our mastery so that it gets replaced something that has nothing to do with bleeds only OR increases our entire damage OR increases the dmg% increase of savage roar (sorry, been playing too much monk). The entire discussion is essentially an extrapolation of the core issue that our main damage cooldown and our mastery have nothing to do with one another, as has been pointed out earlier in the post.
    Excellent point but I would add FB hitting like a wet noodle is also a big issue. With the removal of snapshotting it will be an even bigger issue. Now that Blizzard has conceded they can't balance the game for both PvP and PvE with the same mechanics it's time for separate versions of FB and the PvE version needs to be similar in damage to Rip.

The FB issue may be solved already, Celestalon did say they buffed the damage of a single ability by 100% and there's very few spells that he could be referring to aside from FB (maim, pounce?).

- - - Updated - - -

Mastery idea:
    Your Mangle/Shred causes your Rake to instantly tick for x% damage.
    Your Ferocious Bite causes your Rip to instantly tick twice for x% damage.
    Your Swipe causes your Thrash to instantly tick for x% damage.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Mastery idea:
    I've talked about this before, but under this sort of scheme, bleeds start to turn from periodic damage effects into debuffs that you just need to have up on your targets to do proper damage (think subtlety rogue). This is terrible for versatility. You lose the advantages of having powerful periodic damage effects -- namely, multiple-target damage and ability to maintain damage during downtimes -- without gaining any of the advantages of a direct damage-reliant class, like reduced ramp-up time on target switch.

I did toy around with it a little in simulationcraft and it turns out the coefficient would have to be absurdly high (like, reaaaaaalllly, really really absurdly high) for it to be competitive, so you're definitely right.

Although I think you'd be hard pressed to come up with an idea of a mastery that is targeted at increasing bleed damage that synergizes with haste but doesn't significantly decrease off target damage or multi-DoTting potential.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2014-03-07 at 10:57 PM.

Doubling FB damage sounds like they are just going back to a LK version of maximizing Ferocious Bites. Does that even equal LK damage without ArP? I don't see how DoC exists in such a scenario. Hopefully they will give us a little more information soon.

My personal wishlist for Feral (please, don't bash me, it's just my opinion )
    - Shapeshifting have their own GCD.
    - Remove or totally overhaul of Savage Roar, no more "keep-up 100% of the time" buffs for any class, please. Moar Ferocious Bites!
    - Hunters' Lynx Rush talent as a finisher instead of Maim or Savage Roar. It'd be so nice for cleave situations.
    - They could just give us Bash with a shorter CD and remove Maim.
    - Mastery reworked. I find it boring, it's just and old pre-cataclysm talent that adds damage, plus I find it wrong that 1 or 2 ticks of Rip are stronger than a single Ferocious Bite.
    - Shred > Mangle (because of Mangle sound mostly, which I find annoying).
    - Pounce usable and interesting to use in the rotation, I like its jumping animation, so we see some different animation from time to time.
    - Prowl with 1 min CD in combat and 10 secs ooc. It's not vanish, it wouldn't reset aggro nor remove effects, but it adds some gameplay...
    - A passive called Ravage that causes some abilities to do something more while Prowling: Pounce stuns, Shred adds damage and critical strike chance, Rake could tick more times... Just throwing some ideas to make prowling more interesting.
    - Thrash and Swipe merged up. They're just the same ability but one adds a bleeding effect.
    - Stampeding Roar and Dash merged. Shorter CD because of the loss of one of them, and the druid gets more speed than allies, so we keep our speed and utility.
    - Some armor pieces shown while shapeshifted. I know they've tried to implement that and didn't work, but I still want it. Head, Shoulders, Waist and Hands would be enough imo. Glyph for those who don't want this, or viceversa.
    - Regrowth instead of Healing Touch.
    - Nurturing Instinct as a real Agi to Int conversion. I want my from time to time Moonfire to deal some actual damage.
    - This won't happen but: combo points on the druid not on the target.
    - Thorns back somehow, as a talent or baked with Barkskin or something. I loved its Cataclysm implementation.

I think that's all.
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2014-03-08 at 12:22 AM.

do we have any actual "news" about feral since the press events from Warlords?

Deleted
    do we have any actual "news" about feral since the press events from Warlords?
    Would also be interested in a sum up of all Feral info released so far if anybody has a minute.

also

Mastery idea:
    Is a really good idea.
    Last edited by mmoc424a42f312; 2014-03-08 at 05:03 PM.

If you just go through the last 3 pages or so in this thread it should all be in here I think. Nothing really significant, mainly just Celestalon talking about Berserk and TF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    The FB issue may be solved already, Celestalon did say they buffed the damage of a single ability by 100% and there's very few spells that he could be referring to aside from FB (maim, pounce?).

- - - Updated - - -

Mastery idea:
    This....I like this.

PS: All I want for wod is a proper cleave.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

PS: All I want for wod is a proper cleave.
    I think feral has good cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    I think feral has good cleave.
    Compared to...what? Feral has bad cleave; Rake spreading leaves you starved of energy with no CPs to perform a single-target rotation, while the damage of Thrash doesn't compare to the cleave offered by other classes. It's the price we pay for being the highest single-target DPS at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    Compared to...what? Feral has bad cleave; Rake spreading leaves you starved of energy with no CPs to perform a single-target rotation, while the damage of Thrash doesn't compare to the cleave offered by other classes. It's the price we pay for being the highest single-target DPS at the moment.
    Our cleaves have been in place since late-cata but we've only just been top dps on the last tier of MoP. Definitely not by design.

Deleted
    think our cleave is fine, just that mage and warlocks got WAY to good cleave

Quote Originally Posted by baver View Post
    think our cleave is fine, just that mage and warlocks got WAY to good cleave
    No, Feral cleave is terrible irregardless of which classes might be too high.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    No, Feral cleave is terrible irregardless of which classes might be too high.
    Let's put it a better way.

Our cleave over time on mobs lasting more then 8 seconds is pretty solid. We can continue our single target rotation with out interruption.
    Our burst cleave can be very powerful provided we have Berserk/TF up. Mobs die fast and we can funnel the remaining Berserk time into single target.
    Outside of Berserk our burst is a bit more limited. However it's still very possible to get a Thrash and 2 swipes in a very rapid time frame with just TF.

It's not that bad. Sustained AOE (which is not cleave) we are pretty weak outside of 15 seconds of Berserk every 3 minutes (or less with AoC).

If we're talking 2-3 targets that's not really cleave, that's just AoE, that's like a combat rogue using FoK on 2-3 targets, sure it can be good damage but its not considered a real cleave.
    The real feral cleave is bleed cleaving and that's a pain in the ass to maintain and to even set up if you're not ready.
    (Protectors, the shit a feral has to do to even compete with combat is insane, and lets not compare it to a lock that's on another level of bullshit.