Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurbkicker View Post
    Hearthstone is still alive ? I thought they scrapped that game months ago.
    Heh, such cluelessness... :P

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Avoid this unfair, pay-to-win game. Save your time.
    people like you deserve a life time ban. In prison. With chains on every arm.

    Haters gonna hate, get some more true informations and learn to play before you start crying. If you know this game you would know, that even the hardest legendary can be countered easily. But when you are too retarded for a card game, of course it's pay to win for you.

  3. #43
    High Overlord Embodier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Avoid this unfair, pay-to-win game. Save your time.
    Tell us your deck and why you lost so we can help you improving your play.
    Perhaps you are just whining/trolling

  4. #44
    High Overlord tussee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    MMOC, which is actually specifically a WoW fansite, has posted news about games including other Blizzard IPs and other MMOs for a very long time. We have a pretty active Hearthstone forum, so it's safe to say that many of the users here are interested in hearing this announcement. Not everyone will care about 100% of the news 100% of the time; those that don't care about particular bits of information will just have to learn to scroll past it.
    There is stuff about other games in the offtopic forum.
    Football Manager
    TF2
    Civilization

    Why not keep this non mmo game to the offtopic forum aswell?
    That way I can untic my offtopic and not get bothered with this.

    Shouldn't the admins follow the forum rules aswell as the rest of us should?
    Last edited by tussee; 2014-01-22 at 10:30 AM.
    Twisting Nether, EU
    Tussee Level 90
    Bigmom Level 90, Snuskebasse Level 90, Hotlava Level 90,
    Palefoot Level 90, Elemulius Level 90, Tussedk Level 90
    Thuesen Level 90, Ibber Level 90, Tussebank level 90
    Tipoldefar Level 90

  5. #45
    Free 2 Play casual stuff, got bored after 3-4 days and deleted it. Might be interesting for mobile devices as 99% of all the games on iOS/Android are just boring. I guess it's not that bad if you are into card games, otherwise it's a luck-driven game that will cost you a lot of money.

  6. #46
    Brewmaster Ysilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Many different places
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Embodier View Post
    Tell us your deck and why you lost so we can help you improving your play.
    Perhaps you are just whining/trolling
    Or you can try answering the points he made right into the post you're answering, instead of simply trying to make a fool of him. And btw, having a better deck without playing doesn't make it less unfair and p2w, which was his main point. Of course you can get a better deck, yet it's still easier for paying users to get one, but that was already part of the points he listed. Do you think selling heroic SoO stuff in WoW wouldn't make the game unfair and p2w, because it's also obtainable from other players ?

    Perhaps you are just whining/trolling

  7. #47
    As a former Beta player and passionate trading card player here is my advice: give Hearthstone a try, the jokes are fun, but don't spent a single coin on it, the game isn't worth paying for at all.

    At the beginning you're lured into the game by the fancy and well done graphic and audio quality (and jokes) and the cards and rules are simple to understand. However if you take a closer look at the game, it has nothing to do with strategy at all. I can do my turn regularly under 10 seconds, just because the game is close to 100% predictable. It doesn't even really matter what cards the enemy is drawing, because you can play by the simple rule: kill all that hits the table, then play all you can. Once you understand that, the game becomes dull and repetitive. Your "strategy" doesn't matter, because there is simply no strategy in this game beside picking the right cards in the deck-builder, which rank between useless and obviously OP, and very often proof that the game-designers have close to no experience in the TCG-business.

    And then the game is 100% pay to win. I've been playing countless games, where I played my cards close to flawless against opponents who clearly lacked skill. But then one legendary hit the table and I lost. There was nothing that could have been done to prevent that and nothing that could have been done to solve it, except for giving Blizzard my money to buy my own legendaries. But paying for a such a crappy game that gets boring so quickly that you drop it after 2 weeks top? No thanks.
    Last edited by twothe; 2014-01-22 at 11:32 AM.

  8. #48
    The Arena is not Pay to win , if you get good enough you can play there and earn cards easily and no one has an advantage its just luck of the draw.

    Hearthstone is built for every player in mind.

    Play constructed for serious play

    Play unranked for fun play just to do your quests and slowly build up your collection

    Area for the pure RNG and skill of the draw to build your collection.


    The only reason people feel its pay to win is because everyone wants to be competing against the best straight away because they have no patience.

  9. #49
    Brewmaster Ysilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Many different places
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodi View Post
    The only reason people feel its pay to win is because everyone wants to be competing against the best straight away because they have no patience.
    The only reason it IS pay to win is because anyone can pay and compete against the best straight away.

  10. #50
    By the way, Haarthpwn is not in the "CURSE SITES" list on the top left of the site, which is a pity for people which often navigate between mmochamp & hearthpwn.

    Could you consider update the list with hearthpwn?

  11. #51
    pretty nifty game. i like yugioh better, but it's still pretty cool. i don't like how things can always attack you directly.

  12. #52
    Finally! Never got a beta invite so this is awesome news for me.
    We span the universe, as countless as the stars!
    No force on this world or beyond harbors the strength to bend our knee... not even the mighty legion!

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    I1. It's pay to win. People who spend more money can get more cards, better cards, more options to build better decks, meanwhile people who don't spend money need to grind for days to get even 1 deck of cards, and the pitiful rate of 1 gold per win. Even the MMR system cannot fix this unfairness at the top of the MMR curve, where high MMR players with bought cards have more than 50% win rate (like SC2). A person with 2000 skill rating + $100 spent is better than a person with 2000 skill rating. It's unfair. People should not be allowed to buy cards with real money.
    First of all, it's not true that it takes days to get a deck. You can do dailies for 40-100 gold a day and you get 10 gold for 3 wins, so you can easily get a deck per day (on average). Second, this is a CCG. That means you buy cards to play with. You're not familiar with Magic: the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc? So this is just like every other cardgame, except: YOU CAN GET EACH AND EVERY CARD WITHOUT PAYING A DIME! Try that in MtG and the likes...

    2. There is no release wipe. It allows people who, by dumb luck, have been in the beta to get an unfair card advantage, for absolutely no reason. Why should beta testers get to keep their account without a wipe, when people who weren't lucky enough to get into the closed beta are systemically and unfairly, of no fault of their owned, denied this advantage of early access? And some of these people are now defending their undeserved entitlement, which they should not get, at the expense of destroying fairness for everyone else.
    True, it's a tad unfair that people get to keep their cards. On the other hand, it would be completely unfair to perform a wipe for people who bought cards with money. They'd have to be reimbursed and can then buy all the cards again anyway.

    3. No ladder and ranking system. No plans for ladder and ranking systems.
    What? There is ladder and ranking system. No sure what you mean by this.

    4. No chat. No social features. No plans for chat, no plans for social features.
    Other then the simple emotes that we have, that's true, about the chat. And thank God for that! Are you forgetting the toxic community of WoW? Especially in PvP? I don't need my opponent swearing at me all the time, because he's losing. I don't play a card game for the chat. I have Skype for that. And can't you chat with people on your friendslist? That would work. No social features is nonsense. You can befriend people, even see them (and chat?) when they're in other Blizzard games. You can even see your last opponent after the game ended, so you can add them to your friendslist if you want.

    5. Flawed reward model that rewards players for tanking their rating and farming noobs by giving these abusers more gold, more quickly.
    Wut? Didn't you just make the argument that you get 1 gold for a win and that's not enough? Yet you claim it's already abused? And you can't farm 'noobs', as you'll rise in ranking, so you'd need to lose a lot as well and even if you do that, there is nothing to gain at lower ranks. You don't get more gold or anything.

    6. Per-usage microtransaction of $2 to play Arena. This would be as outrageous as Valve charging $2 to queue All Pick in Dota 2. Or if Microsoft charged $2 to make an Office document with no option of buying Microsoft Office. This is arguably the most greedy business model in existence.
    Or gold, which you get for free. And if you win (if I remember correctly) 3 games, you earn as much gold as you spend and you can keep doing Arena essentially for free.

    The fact that cards can be grinded at a snail's pace changes nothing, because other people who have spent more money still have the advantage of more cards, better cards, more choices, and a easier ability to adapt to a changing metagame, which isn't possible via grinding.
    That changes everything. Every other card game out there makes you buy cards to play. You don't even get a basic deck for free. And don't try to compete with just the basic deck that you bought, because you will be obliterated by people who bought cards for years. This is the only one where you can get ALL cards for free. Not just a basic set or anything, but ALL of them. You just don't understand what kind of game this is.
    "When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods people believe in, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

  14. #54
    Brewmaster Ysilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Many different places
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    That changes everything. Every other card game out there makes you buy cards to play. You don't even get a basic deck for free. And don't try to compete with just the basic deck that you bought, because you will be obliterated by people who bought cards for years. This is the only one where you can get ALL cards for free. Not just a basic set or anything, but ALL of them. You just don't understand what kind of game this is.
    Have you ever played any flash CCG game ? This concept is the base of almost every single one of them. Any card can usually be obtained without paying, but if you don't, you have to spend your life on endless grinding in the game. To keep on my last post comparison, Tyrant is the exact same. There are multiple currencies in the game allowing you to get different packs of cards, all of these can be obtained directly in game without paying anything, that's just way slower. That's still pay to win. Just a simple question (already asked few posts above): do you think selling heroic SoO stuff in WoW wouldn't make the game unfair and p2w, because it's also obtainable for other players ?

    People need to feel they don't "have to" pay, this is exactly how p2w games binds people to them. You don't want to leave a game where you spent countless hours trying to get something, while people often have no problem leaving a game on which they paid right at the beginning for an advantage.

    And for your first point, I guess you mean card pack, not deck, a pack is 5 random cards, a deck is 30 cards matching together.

  15. #55
    Pandaren Monk GreenFuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The States.
    Posts
    1,788
    No Monk hero? No Chen?

    /wrists

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by tussee View Post
    Sorry, But it is still far from an mmo game...
    I haven't seen the news about Football manager or Civilization on the frontpage either.

    Alright doof, MMO Champion is owned by Curse. Curse also owns Hearthpwn.com...Curse in general advertises, or shows off Blizzard products on both of these websites. Diablo stuff also makes it on the front page. Curse wants people to visit their websites.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodi View Post
    The Arena is not Pay to win , if you get good enough you can play there and earn cards easily and no one has an advantage its just luck of the draw.

    Hearthstone is built for every player in mind.

    Play constructed for serious play

    Play unranked for fun play just to do your quests and slowly build up your collection

    Area for the pure RNG and skill of the draw to build your collection.


    The only reason people feel its pay to win is because everyone wants to be competing against the best straight away because they have no patience.

    Arena is lottery, constructed is "pay to get legendary and win"(or wait some months and gather cards to stand a chance).

    It's worth a try...but after a week you have seen all of it. Don't expect any strategical depth in it or you'll be disappointed. It's really just "play cards to draw more cards and survive long enough till you have the right legendaries in your hand and kill the opponent".

  18. #58
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,363
    Aaaaaand no patch or anything to keep the new players (let alone the 'older' ones).

    Enjoy playing for a few days then getting IMMEDIATELY frustrated or bored.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Avoid this unfair, pay-to-win game. Save your time.
    Let people discover the game instead of basing it on your biased response.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    pretty nifty game. i like yugioh better, but it's still pretty cool. i don't like how things can always attack you directly.

    "I REVEAL MY FACEDOWN TRAP, MAGICAL HATS! You'll never hit my dark magician girl Kaiba!"

    <3 yugioh lol
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

  20. #60
    Those starter decks from Trump seem outdated to me, does anyone know if he'll eventually update it any time soon?

    I'm looking at the warrior list (my main class) but why would you use 2 Bloodfen Raptors as your 3/2 minions if you can get minions like Knife Juggler and Fairy Dragon? And the deck uses 2 Novice Engineers while they got awfully nerfed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •