The new PvP rule

Greetings,

I'll keep this simple and short: WoW is about Horde vs Alliance. It's the basic principle of the entire WoW Universe. It applies to lore, to pve design and, most of all, to pvp design.

Still, when it comes to pvp, we have, today, three entirely different types of pvp:
    - World pvp
    - Battlegrounds (rated and non-rated)
    - Arena

It makes sense that if wow is a 2 faction game, horde and alliance face off against each other in both world pvp and battlegrounds. But it makes no sense at all that this rule apply to arena.

Look at things as they are: when you're off taking names and crushing your opponent, it doesn't matter if he's an orc or a dwarf. For the sake of winning, you kill them all (or at least try to).

So, if you are set up against teams of your own faction (for that is the rule of the arena: last man standing, regardless of his/her faction color), why can't you team up with players from the opposing faction?! An human paladin can go and kill 2 other humans, but he can't team up with a goblin?

This makes no sense. Still, if you need to put in some extra coherence in this subject, allow me to suggest that "members of opposing factions can queue up as a team for Arena, as long as they're both exalted with at least one common neutral faction". So if your human is exalted with the argent crusade, as his goblin friend is also in the same position, they should both be able to queue as a team, for they both serve a common purpose.

And this is the new pvp rule i'd like to see in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    soo, basicaly , a friend of yours play different faction and both of you are too stubborn to reroll to play together, lets make silly new pvp rules... no.

I'd like to see it too, but it probably isn't going to happen. Even though within the context of arena, it's within the realm of plausibility.

Deleted
    "We are mortals enemies 'out in the real world' but we both like to kill so lets put all grudges aside and fight together abit?" Yea that doesnt sound too well, im all for having Alliance vs Alliance or Horde vs Horde arenas though (this might exist already since it works that way for rbg's).

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm for anything that increases the number of people i can do arenas with.

Way too complex. The game is going in the polar opposite direction. This kind of change would never gain traction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erke View Post
    "We are mortals enemies 'out in the real world' but we both like to kill so lets put all grudges aside and fight together abit?" Yea that doesnt sound too well, im all for having Alliance vs Alliance or Horde vs Horde arenas though (this might exist already since it works that way for rbg's).
    Horde vs. Horde / Alliance vs. Alliance arenas have been in since arenas first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Erke View Post
    The thing though, is your character is supposed to be a hero of pretty much legendary proportions (considering all the stuff you've done since Vanilla), and plenty of characters like that in fiction play against type and team up with sworn enemies.

I think the much bigger issue is technically on it, like how you couldn't communicate with one another until inside the arena (in game chat anyway). It's probably so far down on their list of things they want to do, it's probably not worth it.

Deleted
    One problem. How will the horde and ally be able to communicate and group up? :s

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    One problem. How will the horde and ally be able to communicate and group up? :s
    real id???

In case folks aren't clicking the link, this is what Holinka said:

Question:
    @holinka With cross-realm arena it feels like there is still one final barrier: faction. Any plans for cross-faction teaming for real ID?
    Answer:
    Holinka ‏@holinka
    @Lolzormon No plans for that.

It's just a mechanic thing, I'd imagine. I.E. being able to buff opposite faction teammates, clear them of roots, heal them, etc.

I'm sure they'd have to change more than we think.

Deleted
    I would love to see just a massive war type arena or bg , where theres no flag to capture or base to hold , just a proper war with 2 armies running down the hill towards eachother like a proper war of times gone buy , but yeah seems weird in arena to fight a human if your a human etc

Quote Originally Posted by Orangelight View Post
    It's just a mechanic thing, I'd imagine. I.E. being able to buff opposite faction teammates, clear them of roots, heal them, etc.

I'm sure they'd have to change more than we think.
    Can alliance censers heal horde censers? I'd think if that works, this could work without much problem.