SC shows Haste to go over Mastery, against all I've read.... ??

At my gear level 572 or so depending on what trinket I have equipped, I've read I should be running a mastery build. I've also simmed
    it out when I was about 563 or so and it did coincide with SimmCraft in that I should be going with a mastery buiild. (82% or so Mastery and if memory serves me correct it was about 25% Haste (not sure about the haste) )

But since then I've been getting some nice Heroic drops which boosted my level up considerably (Heroic Trinket, heroic Weapon, Shield, etcetc)
    and it brought my gear level up to it's current 572+ level.

So out of curiosity I , once again, ran SimCraft with my Ele Shaman. The outcome was surprising. It said to switch it ALL back to haste for a
    CONSIDERABLE DPS / DMG boost.

Would anyone mind doing a quick Sim on my Elemental Shaman or if they could steer me in the right direction ? Should I go back to Haste ?
    Everything (Mr. Robot, SimCraft) Shows I should go back to haste but from everything I've researched and read, I should be sticking with Mastery.

My armor on Quallan http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Quallan/simple

p.s. I notice a nice DPS / DMG boost on target dummies with the full haste build but about from 220k to roughly 270k (single target dummies )
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Quallan

This is going to sound rude, but I'm not trying to be rude - you've clearly missed some things if you haven't heard that haste does lead on single target, or that they tend to switch priorities as you gear.

Because of the way haste and mastery interact, they tend to constantly switch places for which is more valuable, which is why it's important to check your stat priorities and reforge plots often as you gear. Keep in mind which style of fight you're simming for, though. Odds are you're simming on patchwerk, and the only fight that's even remotely close to that this tier is IJ (except, of course, when you get knocked back). That's pure single target, and haste almost always pulls ahead there. Mastery, however, will start pulling ahead as you start adding in more cleave, and pulls completely ahead on 3+ target constant cleave (in BiS, anyway).

The reason you're reading about mastery so much is that, because a LOT of the fights in SoO contain some cleave, people generally prefer to go mastery, and let their dps drop a tiny bit on the pure single target fights. Unfortunately, people still don't understand that, as I said, it's really only ahead on 3+ target constant cleave, and otherwise a balanced build will actually be better for the majority of the fights.

TL;DR, your sims are probably right, but are likely set for single target only. If you want to stay mastery, you're probably not losing out a ton on single target.

Delete that malkorok trinket, it not good even for spoils.

Thanks Tickle, not rude at all... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tolstyj View Post
    Delete that malkorok trinket, it not good even for spoils.
    It's actually really good on Galakras...but that's the only fight I use it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle View Post
    It's actually really good on Galakras...but that's the only fight I use it on.
    You can pad meters with it in p1, but it doesn't work for p2 where dps matter the most.

You can pad meters with it in p1, but it doesn't work for p2 where dps matter the most.
    We've had that fight on farm since week 2, so....I'm gonna pad. That's the point of farm, isn't it?

We've had that fight on farm since week 2, so....I'm gonna pad. That's the point of farm, isn't it?
    I approve of this statement =)
    Kengos-Frost/Blood DK:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...engos/advanced
    Genndori-Ele/Resto Shaman:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndori/advanced
    Battletag-Genndori#1959

haste is better single target

'mastery' builds don't ignore haste. you still have a lot of haste.

mastery builds are for slightly worse single target, but way stronger ae/cleave

Huh? P2 is super easy if you have an effective strategy (at least in 25m). I think we killed it on our second pull where we got to P2 in progression.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, what I usually do with weird Simcraft results is:
    1) Input the new EP values into askmrrobot.com and ask it to optimize my gear for them and
    2) Insert the new "optimized gear" into Simcraft and sim away.

Your dps will probably either go higher or plunge really low, plus your values will change once again.

Try it, you have nothing to lose (except time ofc)
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Nah, I go kill tower defenders to get the stupid fight over quicker and let other people pad. Boring fight is boring QQ.

I noticed Haste taking over at higher gear levels too. I just hit 570 average ilvl and SimCraft was taunting me, showing a spike in DPS if I were to raise my haste to 35%. I re-gemmed a few pure haste gems to get to close to 35% and I will continue to stack mastery again. Currently at about 35% haste and 84% mastery.

Yes, it was on Patchwerk setting, but that's OK as we are currently looking at Heroic Sha and Heroic Nazgrim as our progression bosses and both of those have single-target burn phases.

The only issue with a haste build, is getting under the GCD with chain lightning and a meta proc. The mastery multiplier for chain lightning is 1/3 of what it is for lightning bolt and lava burst, so losing some mastery won't really cripple your AoE. I recently did a full haste build (with pretty much all the mastery gear available in SoO) for heroic paragons progression and I was around 43% haste and 82% mastery (both at around a 15,500 rating). Afterwards I was just messing around and did a couple of H Garrosh pulls, but looking at those 0.7 second cast times on chain lightning made me cringe, so I switched back to mastery.

Haven't simmed myself in about 4-5 ilvls, but i remember the dps gain from adding haste to be marginal at best (not even a 2k dps increase) on a light movement fight, but this is just a tangent really. Just keep checking sims if you're looking to min/max, otherwise just make sure you don't go under the GCD with chain lightning