Foreign members of MMO-champ

So I graduate this spring with a degree in systems and networking support. As I've mentioned in another thread. However I'm not quite sure where I want to go afterwards for work. I've toyed around with the idea of checking out another country for work. I've been looking at England or Scotland as I have family in Liverpool. I know I need to obtain a work visa and if I understand http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...ation/working/ right then as my Grandmother was born in England, I believe my father was too I would qualify for the Commonwealth citizens with UK ancestry. My question is how hard is it to get the visa and how hard is it after the 5 years is up to gain "indefinite leave to remain" I assume this is citizenship but I could be wrong. I'll be talking to my grandmother at some point about this but she hasn't lived in England in years so I don't know if she will know.

Inb4 "No you're the foreigner gtfo dirty Merican."

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So I graduate this spring with a degree in systems and networking support. As I've mentioned in another thread. However I'm not quite sure where I want to go afterwards for work. I've toyed around with the idea of checking out another country for work. I've been looking at England or Scotland as I have family in Liverpool. I know I need to obtain a work visa and if I understand http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...ation/working/ right then as my Grandmother was born in England, I believe my father was too I would qualify for the Commonwealth citizens with UK ancestry. My question is how hard is it to get the visa and how hard is it after the 5 years is up to gain "indefinite leave to remain" I assume this is citizenship but I could be wrong. I'll be talking to my grandmother at some point about this but she hasn't lived in England in years so I don't know if she will know.
    I'm not sure how the grandmother works but I don't think your father would count. They didn't make that change until 2006 (allowing the children of British males to get citizenship) so I am unsure how it works for people born before that time to a British father.

Deleted
    Have you ever actually been to Liverpool? It would not be my first choice, especially if I had an american accent.

Deleted
    Move to Norway instead and get paid loads and loads of money for even the shittiest job!

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Have you ever actually been to Liverpool? It would not be my first choice, especially if I had an american accent.
    I'm a bit confused about where he actually is from. He mentions the part of being a Commonwealth citizen with British ancestry. I don't believe the U.S qualifies for the Commonwealth part.

And I agree on the Liverpool part. No offense to folks from Liverpool, but seriously...you could do better.