Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I won't buy razer products again

After 6-7 months - my razer naga blackwidow ultimate took a poop, yes, it is broken my friends. After going through google I found tons of issues that people face. whenever I press YHN i get double letters. Tried few things to get it to work. Failed.

I remember few months ago while watching towelliee, he actually faced same problem - while playing, keyboard started to freak out, (ghost in the keyboard)_ lol

This is my second razer product, my mouse broke a year ago---

typing from old steelseries keyboard.
    Last edited by sethlan; 2014-01-22 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't see why so many people have problems with Razer products, I have the Razer Naga Molten and have had no problems yet. Well, go get a Corsair K70, great keyboards, durable and lasts long, bout ready to go buy myself one because I've been playing with my buddy's K70 and oh man I do love it.

Deleted
    I haven't had any issues with my blackwidow and I've had it for 1,5 years.

You just have yours for 6 months, RMA it?

I won't buy razer products again

After 6-7 months - my razer naga blackwidow ultimate took a poop, yes, it is broken my friends. After going through google I found tons of issues that people facing. Well whenever I press YHN i get double letters. or the keyboard start typing letters by it self, Tried few things to get it to work by cleaning etc.... Failed.

I remember few months ago while watching towelliee, he actually faced same problem - while playing, keys being pressed by it self, etc.

This is my second razer product, my mouse broke a year ago---

typing from old steelseries keyboard.

You should have a warranty for it, surely?
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

I think Razer is one of the best companies when it comes to design and functionality but the quality is just... ugh. It's like a crystal weapon in Dark Souls, it does great damage but will break much faster than a normal one.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

its just overpriced designer-hardware anyways...

no average gamer needs those 0,1% more precision ~~

I've had my death adder for 4(?) years and no issues. My Logitech g15 ghost taps quite a bit but nothing game breaking, more like it makes me look drunk in chat.

I bought a razer Lycosa keyboard and after a few weeks I noticed that the keyboard would stop responding occasionally and that I had to plug it out and back in the USB port in order to get it to work. I did some research on google and I found out that many ppl had the same issue with the exact same product and that this was a pretty common issue which had nothing to do with the drivers and therefore could not be fixed with a simple update from Razer. So like the lazy ass bro I am, I didnt attempt to get a replacement and just ignored the problem for about a year until recently. I emailed Razer and they said that they wanted to see the keyboard and that I had to mail it to them. But fuck that, I dont have a second keyboard so I will simply keep using this shitty keyboard until I get some money to buy a new one. I also own a razer black mamba mouse, pretty good mouse but is definitely not worth the 90 pounds I paid. Overall, Razer is really an overpriced brand. The only razer product which is worth buying is razer naga, everything else is just overpriced and crap. Get a steelseries or a logitech product instead.

I do love their design, and capability, Really, my Tiamat headset, is glorious.
    However, I've gone through one megalodon, my tiamat lost its right speaker capabilities, and my new megalodon has a loose screw. (over 3 years)

Deleted
    Had the same keyboard, it broke in less than a year. Have the Corsair K70 now.

I've had three razer products for years, and haven't had a problem with any of them:
    1) Razer Diamondback since 2006ish.
    2) Razer exactmat mouse pad since 2006ish.
    3) Razer Chimaera 5.1 since 2010 I think.

All great products, I have used this for school, MMOs shooters, Civ V and other games.

I noticed YHN are all close together, it could be that you spilled something.

Bashing Razer products has become an internet pastime, much like bashing Blizzard, or EA.
    Some people have good luck with their products, some do not.
    But it seems most brands do not attract quite so public a negative reaction as Razer.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the razer mouse and keyboard.

I don't use they keyboard for any function other than lighting.

The mouse is nice, only razer product I've been satisfied with.

I bought some razer headphones and they broke 3 days after buying them when I adjusted the ear piece extensions.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been sharpening my teeth for Naga for a long time now, having heard mostly great reviews, might reconsider then.

Saitek R.A.T. is waving from afar, it's a killer mouse, but... I need more keybinds. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Honestly, I don't see why so many people have problems with Razer products, I have the Razer Naga Molten and have had no problems yet. Well, go get a Corsair K70, great keyboards, durable and lasts long, bout ready to go buy myself one because I've been playing with my buddy's K70 and oh man I do love it.
    Well, I play on a chiclet laptop keyboard so I may be biased, but... I've seen stairs with smaller steps than these K70 keys!

I mean, I can't imagine clicking such huge keys down, so (OT onwards): any good flat gaming keyboards out there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Razer products are very hit or miss. I've had the same mouse for almost 3 years, but the one before that one only lasted a couple months. I've had the same keyboard you're having problems with for about a year now and it JUST started doubling the D key. Most times it will work, but every 3rd or 4th stroke it either won't recognize it or will cause like 47 d's to show up...

15+ Year Old Account
    so RMA it and get a new one that works?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had the complete opposite experience with Razer. 3 years in, still have my Megalodon and Naga, and they work perfectly. Some maintenance needed, but nothing crazy.
    Currently Procrastinating

Bought a imba gamer keyboard a couple of years ago and as soon as i plug it in, a key wasnt working.
    Checked the web and a ton of ppl had the same problem. Seems there was a major fault in that product version.

Went back to the store for a refund and never bought anything from Razor again.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Some people have good luck with their products, some do not.
    Maybe thats the problem since that doesnt show much reliability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using nothing but Razer products for years and never have any problems,the only time i have to replace something is when the current piece is just completely wore out.But i take this thread with a grain of salt because you didnt even offer up any real information other than sounding like an irate teenager when something didnt go your way.
    Here come the Irish.