Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Random DCs with Battle.net app

I am wondering, is the otherwise awesome Battle.Net app the reason that since I started using the otherwise awesome Battle.Net app, I have been randomly DCed while playing WoW, and even Hearthstone?

I understand being DCed due to network problems, but the Blizzard DCs I've been experiencing several times a day on average have been occurring when every other Internet thing has been working just fine for me.

I had one day last week where it disconnected me every time I zoned, but other than that one day I haven't had any issues with the battle.net client, nor any other issues with disconnects.

10+ Year Old Account
    The app has nothing to do with you being dc'd. It just launches the game. You'll need to talk to Blizzard's tech support to solve the issue.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The app has nothing to do with you being dc'd. It just launches the game. You'll need to talk to Blizzard's tech support to solve the issue.
    You don't know what you're talking about dude.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Acutally, Darsithis is correct. The launcher is merely an interface to (one of) Blizzard's API's (the friends list and player communication API) - everything else there is just for launching the game based on authenticated credentials you've given.

Blizzard HAVE been having server issues in the US for the past week or so with lots of random DC's. They fixed them earlier today by working with one of their providers to route around whatever was causing the issue. The launcher has nothing to do with it.
    So, the both of you don't know what you're talking about.

The launcher has the ability to revoke the connection from the apps it has launched, and it is doing that spuriously.

Has been doing it.

For weeks/months.

Hi Normie, if you haven't done so already please take a look at the following troubleshooting page. If after checking that out you find that the issue persists, please let us know through our support portal. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    So, the both of you don't know what you're talking about.

The launcher has the ability to revoke the connection from the apps it has launched, and it is doing that spuriously.

Has been doing it.

For weeks/months.
    I close down the Battle.net app after I use it to launch WoW (I am anal about leaving applications open). If it controlled WoW to that degree, WoW would close with it. It doesn't.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Araxom: The symptom is that I am administratively disconnected while in WoW and the Battle.net app has also become disconnected/offline, while the rest of my internet and computer continues to function normally. After 30-120 seconds it's all fine again. This happens up to 4-5 times per day, at no particular time, with no particular associated other activity on my computer or network.

I can stop using the b.net launcher and cure the problem, but I like the launcher's functionality and improved WoW/Hearthstone login.

I'm sure I'm not the only person experiencing this, so I'll just wait till it gets fixed or stop using it or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I close down the Battle.net app after I use it to launch WoW (I am anal about leaving applications open). If it controlled WoW to that degree, WoW would close with it. It doesn't.
    The problem seems to be in the alternate authentication mechanism provided by the b.net app.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The problem seems to be in the alternate authentication mechanism provided by the b.net app.
    That makes more sense. A quick Google search hasn't turned up anything useful on why this would happen.

Normie, perhaps try deleting the Battle.net files to see if that helps improve the situation. If not, please reach out to us directly so that we can continue to troubleshoot this with you directly.

Remember the Battle.net client is still in beta. I've had a few problems with it myself and fixed them by simply Uninstalling the client and installing a new copy. If you're still having problems and have not tried that I would do so and see if that fixes it for you as it has for me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It certainly appears to be the Battle.net app. The app goes randomly offline sometimes several times a day, sometimes several times an hour, and when it does I am instantly DCed from WoW, if I've used the app to launch/log in.

Without the app, the only thing that DCs me is an actual internet glitch of more than a few seconds.

So, I don't know why, but (1) the app (the faceless background Agent.exe part in particular, whose status is reflected in the client) randomly drops its connection to Battle.net for no apparent reason (no visible internet glitches), and (2) when it does that, whatever game you are running that is using it for authorization (WoW or Hearthstone) is forcibly disconnected.

This must be really annoying to Hearthstone players who are stuck with the launcher ... fortunately I mostly hate Hearthstone.