10+ Year Old Account

Ulduar 25 Solo issues

I want to complete my legendary hammer, so I have begun to solo U25 for fragments, but have run into a few issues.

I play moonkin, but also have a mediocre bear OS gear.

- Algalon: 75 sec before 5 stacks = 466k dps.. Numbers I cannot reach.. Can this be cheesed in some way? Pet classes can do it with leaving pets out, but druids don't have pets... Treants at best.. Also, does he even drop fragments?
    - Thorim: I'm not even getting half way through tunnel, before I get one-shot by lightning, most likely, because noone is in the arena. Can this be done?
    - Yogg: Is this possible? Either +4 for fragment, or even better +0 for a shot at mount. Can you avoid getting gripped?

Any serious help is appreciated..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Algalon- he DOES drop a shard, but no, druids are unable to cheese him. Treants do not last long enough for you to get out of the other realm (its 20 seconds in the realm right? If its 10 seconds, you can pop all 3 treants and hopefully they will last long enough for you to get out without triggering the one-shot, thus allowing you an addition 45+ seconds of dps time)

Thorim- he has a specific strat to do in order to avoid the one-shot lightning. Youtube it- all thorim strats utilize this strat for soloing.

Yogg- easily possible. Place a shroom under yourself. Detonate shroom to kill constricter tentacle. Or, use treants to kill constricter tentacle. Starfall may also do the trick. 4 lights is very simple, 0 lights is tricky and will require many attempts.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2014-01-22 at 06:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    .....and that'specific strat' for Thorim, is......?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Youtube it. It is significantly easier to watch it be done then to attempt to explain it. It prevents the boss from one-shotting you with the lightning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thorim:

You have two issues with Thorim that you need to have ways around, one being the lack of people in the arena, and the other being the issue that arises from solving the previous issue.

1. The trick here is to aggro the first mini-boss in the corridor, and take him back to the arena without killing him. This needs to be done fast enough such that the Lightning Sphere doesn't reach you before you get back to the arena. I find that you can save your cooldowns until you get around the first corner, then blow them all to pick him up and get back.

Once you have him in the arena, you have to quickly re-enter the corridor at the right timing before the gate re-closes and the starting adds respawn. On my monk I can just transcendance this but you're a druid. Example of hunter here. The miniboss will then follow you into the tunnel, along with the starting adds (make sure not to harm these). Kill the miniboss at some point in the tunnel to open the first door, then kill the 2nd miniboss as usual. After the 2nd miniboss, wait just beyond the door that he opened and LOS the starting adds (fighters, worm, acolyte) to you and AoE them down. Once the last starting add is dead, Thorim will start his usual starting RP. This leads to problem 2:

2. If you were to run up to Thorim at the wrong time, he will either bug out and not respond properly, or send a lightning ball to you up at that position and kill you. The goal is to aggro him at around the exact point Sara spawns and immediately jump off, on my monk I start my tiger's lust at "What is this?!" and start a FSK that passes him at "Where am I?!" right as Sara is spawning. He then jumps down like usual and you finish p2 like usual.

Getting the timing right is frustrating at first and some weeks I had to re-attempt it 10 times to get it right, but now I one shot it weekly with no issues at all.

Yogg 4/0: You ARE going to get gripped, so you need to figure out if your class has a spell that lets you deal with it. DKs tend to use a pre-DnD, monks can use SCK, hunters can use their pets, etc. If you can deal with that, Yogg 4 is really really easy with a semblance of gear at 90, but Yogg 0 is tough and can generally only be done by most classes with a reasonable amount of gear and a well practiced strat that works for you. Try to see if there are any examples (posts/videos) of druids soloing the boss that would help.

Not sure about Algalon sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thorim: The strat, where you pull mini-boss to arena, have been tried.. I've seen videos of it, but I think they are obsolete, because I cannot reach it, let alone, run back to the arena, before I'm nuked.. I ran past all 6 small adds, only dotting them while I ran, but died before mini-boss was in range.. This is with 124% base movement..

Yogg: Can you detonate, while gripped? As I remember the fight, you can't attack while gripped.

10+ Year Old Account
    yogg: only abilities that does not require facing the target can be used on constrictor tentacles. For example, only Outbreak, DnD, Blood Boil can be used on a dk, and not icy touch or other melee abilities.

You can kite Algalon for long enough with Dash and Nitro Boost. It's not easy though.

Yogg is easy after the patch. Just save everything for P3 and it'll die fast enough. Phases 1 and 2 shouldn't be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thorim: The strat, where you pull mini-boss to arena, have been tried.. I've seen videos of it, but I think they are obsolete, because I cannot reach it, let alone, run back to the arena, before I'm nuked.. I ran past all 6 small adds, only dotting them while I ran, but died before mini-boss was in range.. This is with 124% base movement..

Yogg: Can you detonate, while gripped? As I remember the fight, you can't attack while gripped.
    Of course 124% base movement won't be enough, you need to be using abilities, you shouldn't be attempting to dot those adds at all either, just work on getting to the miniboss and getting out of there.

As a druid, I'd say you should probably cat form till the first corner, displacer beast as you turn the corner, engage dash as displacer beast falls, and work in stampeding roar where you think it'll fit in that rotation. FF the miniboss as soon as you reach him and run back with the dash you already used. If that's not fast enough then I recommend investing in engineering.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give Thorim some more tries, hoping to get the timing right also..

I'll also see, how Yogg turns out, first with all waterselping me.. Algalon, I'll skip, unless someone comes up with a working method of handling 5 stacks of punch..

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you can attack while gripped on 25man, I did it last night and You don't face the tentacle, so you can only AoE, As a bear my Thrash and Swipe didn't do much lol, But you can do it^^ and Good luck, I only started getting my fragments recently, But do it with 0 Keepers, As a friend of mine and me are doing Yogg +0 and HC LK 25 each reset for some mount love

Deleted
    Just a note on 25m Thorim, once you've gotten past the 2 doors and are ready to hit him and jump down there are 2 things to watch out for.

1) Being too close to Thorim before he becomes attackable causes him to jump down early and despawn.
    2) On 25m the window between Thorim becoming attackable and the 1 shot lightning ball becoming active is under 1 second.

On their own these two issues would be be fine but together they make the timing of hitting the boss and jumping off the platform really goddamn hard, personally I sunk a few dozen attempts into it before giving up and switching to 10m (the lightning ball is on a 5 second delay making it much safer).

10+ Year Old Account
    have you thought about just going in with a melee?
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    I also have a solution for FROST DKs for soloing Yogg 25 No Lights 'cus many have asked me how I do it as Frost DK and they say it's impossible, yada yada yada....

Anyway,

1st Phase: Kill 8 Big Guys near Sara so she evolves into Yogg-Saron, wait for a 9th to spawn before you kill her and then bring the 9th Big Guy out.

Put the big guy to 50% with Frost Fever (+ Blood Plague) and when tentacle grips you then Howling Blast the big guy who is near you which will instantly kill the gripping tentacle.

After that, run over to the huge tentacle with over 1M+ HP, Put diseases on it and auto attack a little bit, be SURE to stand near it so you can Howling Blast when a gripping tentacle comes, rinse and repeat until portals spawn.

2nd Phase: Go into portals, this is pretty much straight forward. Kill the mobs blocking the brain room and enter the brain room and kill the brain till it automactilly kicks you out. (That's around 2M hp of the brain.)

3rd Phase: Once you're out, do NOT start dpsing on Yogg-Saron, it's no point. I tried it and it didn't work at all since the flow of adds would just continue to slaughter me.

When you get out, wait to round up a big amount of adds, pop Army of the Dead so they can taunt of the adds of you.

Now you should have plenty of time to kill Yogg-Saron in and you should get your kill!

I used talents:
    T1: Rotting Blood (Blood Boil to spread disease from big tentacle to gripping one.)
    T2: Lichborne (Great for Fear effects etc. + your Death Coils will heal you for a quite big amount.)
    T3: Death's Advance (combine with Unholy Presence as macro to run faster.)
    T4: Death Pact (straight up heals 50% of your HP)
    T5: Blood Tap (This is great if you saved up a lot of RP and spended it then you will get a lot of charges and it's also good to save imo.)
    T6: Desecrated Ground (Great for cc breaking from yogg-saron etc.,)
    You can also use "Gorefiend's Grasp" since you can pull all the mobs to your Army in 3rd Phase.

If you have any more questions or this confuses you, tell me!

EDIT: I almost forgot! You should Blood Boil the gripping tentacles aswell for extra dmg and spreading diseases!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Once you have him in the arena, you have to quickly re-enter the corridor at the right timing before the gate re-closes and the starting adds respawn. On my monk I can just transcendance this but you're a druid. Example of hunter here. The miniboss will then follow you into the tunnel, along with the starting adds (make sure not to harm these). Kill the miniboss at some point in the tunnel to open the first door, then kill the 2nd miniboss as usual. After the 2nd miniboss, wait just beyond the door that he opened and LOS the starting adds (fighters, worm, acolyte) to you and AoE them down. Once the last starting add is dead, Thorim will start his usual starting RP. This leads to problem 2:

2. If you were to run up to Thorim at the wrong time, he will either bug out and not respond properly, or send a lightning ball to you up at that position and kill you. The goal is to aggro him at around the exact point Sara spawns and immediately jump off, on my monk I start my tiger's lust at "What is this?!" and start a FSK that passes him at "Where am I?!" right as Sara is spawning. He then jumps down like usual and you finish p2 like usual.
    I just can't get this to work properly..

I nuke the arena, open gate, dash in, pull miniboss with FF, and run back..
    I place myself exactly where the Acolyte was located in the arena and wait for the miniboss to approach.
    I place 2-3 treants on Acolytes location (because he seems to often be left behind when adds run to tunnel, so this way he is aggroed too), and use Displacer Beast to run through miniboss (sometimes I get knockback sometimes I'm lucky not to get it) and run into tunnel.

Inside tunnel, only middle trashmob (of 3) is possible to kill, for both packs. Kill those, wait for miniboss to reach me, kill him, so door opens (actually, it's already open, but there is invisible wall, that miniboss removes), kill 2 mods behind door, kill 2 mobs on stairs, kill 2nd miniboss (and his honor guard), door opens, kill remaining mobs from arena. RP starts.

So far, so good...
    [15:14:02] Thorim yells: I remember you... in the mountains.... But you... what is this? Where am--
    [15:13:53] Thorim yells: Interlopers! You mortals who dare to interfere with my sport will pay.... Wait--you...
    [15:14:02] Thorim yells: I remember you... in the mountains.... But you... what is this? Where am--
    [15:14:09] Sif yells: Thorim, my lord! Why else would these invaders have come into your sanctum but to slay you? They must be stopped!
    I pull Thorim in his "I remember you" sentence.. I try to hit him, when he says "what is this?" (difficult to say, wether you hit him precisely there) and jump Down at "Where am" (with or without Displacer Beast), but each time, when he jumps down, he can't be attacked

However, in 30+ attempts, I have not been able to pull Thorim at the correct time... Or he might simply just be bugged beyond hope..
    [15:14:41] <Deadly Boss Mods> Combat against 25 Player - Thorim (0%) ended after 46 seconds. You have 31 total wipes on this difficulty.
    Any clues?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyseria View Post
    I also have a solution for FROST DKs for soloing Yogg 25 No Lights 'cus many have asked me how I do it as Frost DK and they say it's impossible, yada yada yada....

Anyway,

1st Phase: Kill 8 Big Guys near Sara so she evolves into Yogg-Saron, wait for a 9th to spawn before you kill her and then bring the 9th Big Guy out.

Put the big guy to 50% with Frost Fever (+ Blood Plague) and when tentacle grips you then Howling Blast the big guy who is near you which will instantly kill the gripping tentacle.

After that, run over to the huge tentacle with over 1M+ HP, Put diseases on it and auto attack a little bit, be SURE to stand near it so you can Howling Blast when a gripping tentacle comes, rinse and repeat until portals spawn.

2nd Phase: Go into portals, this is pretty much straight forward. Kill the mobs blocking the brain room and enter the brain room and kill the brain till it automactilly kicks you out. (That's around 2M hp of the brain.)

3rd Phase: Once you're out, do NOT start dpsing on Yogg-Saron, it's no point. I tried it and it didn't work at all since the flow of adds would just continue to slaughter me.

When you get out, wait to round up a big amount of adds, pop Army of the Dead so they can taunt of the adds of you.

Now you should have plenty of time to kill Yogg-Saron in and you should get your kill!

I used talents:
    T1: Rotting Blood (Blood Boil to spread disease from big tentacle to gripping one.)
    T2: Lichborne (Great for Fear effects etc. + your Death Coils will heal you for a quite big amount.)
    T3: Death's Advance (combine with Unholy Presence as macro to run faster.)
    T4: Death Pact (straight up heals 50% of your HP)
    T5: Blood Tap (This is great if you saved up a lot of RP and spended it then you will get a lot of charges and it's also good to save imo.)
    T6: Desecrated Ground (Great for cc breaking from yogg-saron etc.,)
    You can also use "Gorefiend's Grasp" since you can pull all the mobs to your Army in 3rd Phase.

If you have any more questions or this confuses you, tell me!

EDIT: I almost forgot! You should Blood Boil the gripping tentacles aswell for extra dmg and spreading diseases!

When soloing as Frost, you should pick Death Siphon, not Death Pact.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a race against time, really. Everything revolves around aggroing the first big giant and running from the tunnel before the lightning ball catches you. As others have said, you should Youtube it... but remember that 10men tactic is, for some reason, way easier to execute than 25men.

Regarding Yogg-saron... Sanity loss isn't a big issue anymore. You may have trouble with the gripping tentacles, though. Just remember to take corrupting tentacles off, and be ready with cooldowns in phase 3.

i cant speak to soloing the instance, which, i realise is the goal of this thread. i can say i did my mace as a moonkin with a warrior buddy and we were able to 2-man the entire instance very easily, including all hardmodes other than FL - which we always skipped, not because we couldn't do it, just because its too much of a hassle. if you have even just one friend willing to go with you it will be easy. sort of off topic, but maybe some good advice.

Deleted
    I have solo'd Algalon on my druid a long time ago. It took me many tries and was quite difficult, but the general idea is to understand what sort of timing the stacks come in at and then alternate between using Stampeding Roar and Dash to run along the edge of the room until it resets. When you run along the edge he does a sort of stutter step before attacking you preventing him from properly applying the debuff. I recommend the Feral Swiftness talent as well. This worked for me in early 2013.