Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I agree on the ElvUI. It kept breaking every time I sneezed. Switched to MayronUI and never looked back.
    I've quite honestly never had a single issue with ElvUI since I started using it maybe 18months ago. If ElvUI is indeed to blame for the fps drop then good riddance. Feels very weird that it would be the culprit though given it works perfect in 25m normal modes/lfr.

Anyway I'll try naked (just WA2 and DBM < cant raid w/o those) and then look at MayronUI. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    Anyway I'll try naked (just WA2 and DBM < cant raid w/o those) and then look at MayronUI. Thanks for the suggestion.
    WA2 can lag a lot, especially if you have multiple auras with full buff scan enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    WA2 can lag a lot, especially if you have multiple auras with full buff scan enabled.
    Looking at CPU broker data WA2 is never high. I have it showing me when some spells are off CD and track my renewing mists. Hardly something a 4770k can't handle. I find it insane how much work is needed to get the game working properly given the price of the hardware behind it.

Have a look at background update program's in task scheduler one of their triggers could be hammering you when you're in game, I had some sneaky buggers stutter and freezing my new PC I hate windows 8.1 built for the simpletons.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Tripa View Post
    Have a look at background update program's in task scheduler one of their triggers could be hammering you when you're in game, I had some sneaky buggers stutter and freezing my new PC I hate windows 8.1 built for the simpletons.
    Thanks. Pretty sure nothing was using up resources at all other than WoW64. If you have a name though I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it.

I agree with several people here that you should consider overclocking a bit considering you paid for it. But do NOT overclock with your stock fan. You need to replace it in order to be safe that your cpu wont suffer from it.

I have similiar issues, the only thing I havent upgraded yet is my ram. So I will be upgrading that this week

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it insane how much work is needed to get the game working properly given the price of the hardware behind it.
    That's because, judging from what i've read, you're using addons. Any performance issues caused by those should not be Blizzards fault.
    The game runs great on a Haswell CPU, and i find it impossible to believe that on stock install the game runs at 8fps during 25man. Being the fastest IPC CPU in the market right now, that would imply NOONE can play the game properly at 25mans. Obviously the issue is related to a few, not in general. So don't assume it isn't your fault.

Moreover, many of the popular Addons have been segway'ed into WoW core build. You only need something like DBM or BigWigs (or whatever is popular right now, i'm out of the loop) and Skada/Recount.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2014-04-14 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    I've quite honestly never had a single issue with ElvUI since I started using it maybe 18months ago. If ElvUI is indeed to blame for the fps drop then good riddance. Feels very weird that it would be the culprit though given it works perfect in 25m normal modes/lfr.

No problems with ElvUI all expansion, only sometimes an error with new patches as with all addons that need updating and then its gone.

Quick update: I did LFR with MayRonUI and also ZERO addons. Barely a difference.

However I noticed the Optimize Network for Speed option was checked in my options. I've unchecked it and hopefully that'll do the trick.

Reasoning: I have piss poor internet (As pointed out earlier I'm also 8hrs away from server time) 2Mbps down 0.4Mbps up (if that).
    I've done some reading and it appears Optimize Network for speed increases your bandwidth usage a lot particularly for upstream. It makes sense (to me) that people in 25M Heroic at pull are well pulling all the stops and going balls to the wall. That's a lot of actions per second going in either directions and possibly saturating my bandwidth.

I can only hope that this will help somewhat with my fps drops

I've got a 4770k on the MSI GD-65 gaming motherboard, I overclocked it to 4Ghz and I have 2 gtx 780s in sli (evga superclocked). Right before the pull I am at 120fps, as soon as aoe comes into the picture, my fps can drop to 8. It's kind of ridiculous. I tried changing the settings lower (to good) but I still get immense lag right at the pull. I don't have any issues playing diablo on ultra with all its stuff flying around.

I use scada/spartanUI/DBM/weakauras

well wow does not need that amount of gpu power it's cpu dependent in most cases and there is not much that loss of graphics details will solve to increase dps, the only thing that might make a decent improvement is blizz fixing the engine or someone making a stronger cpu. Hence probabaly why mythic will be 20 man as to not fry most pc's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thaynia View Post
    I've got a 4770k on the MSI GD-65 gaming motherboard, I overclocked it to 4Ghz and I have 2 gtx 780s in sli (evga superclocked). Right before the pull I am at 120fps, as soon as aoe comes into the picture, my fps can drop to 8. It's kind of ridiculous. I tried changing the settings lower (to good) but I still get immense lag right at the pull. I don't have any issues playing diablo on ultra with all its stuff flying around.

You probably have fps drops from an addon then or something's off. Yes pulls are crazy but from 120 to 8 seems slightly off, i can understand say 15-20 with your pc but not 8.

Deleted

Try taking out one fo the 780s, and see if that's an additional problem.

Check if you have Optimize network checkbox set or not. If it's set, turn it off. What kind of internet connection do you have? How much downstream and upstream bandwidth?

Are you talking about 25m normal or heroic?

30 MBs down, 5 MBs up. 25 heroic, i'll check the optimize network thing tonight when I get home.

30 MBs down, 5 MBs up. 25 heroic, i'll check the optimize network thing tonight when I get home.
    Please let us know. I have the same issue with 4770k as well on 25H and obviously without a heroic raid you cant test and once in and you dont pull your weight you're quickly out

Deleted
    This might be a bit different but have you checked you checked your GPU? Certain driver updates have messed around with my GPU causing really shit performance, this is not the issue if it only occurs in WoW though.

Optimize network was checked....
    I tried to disable SLI and set the extra card to dedicated PhysX, but it yielded little to no improvement. It's WoW specific, if I open D3 at the same time, it gets a constant 200fps. I'll check through my addons, it's just tough dropping any of those because we're working on 25man Gary and I don't want to mess with my UI as I rely pretty heavily on it.
    Do you guys know any benchmark testing software? I can see if I'm getting a score that is comparable to most people. As far as driver updates go, I keep all of mine up to date, I even did a Bios update just to be sure.

Optimize network was checked....
    I tried to disable SLI and set the extra card to dedicated PhysX, but it yielded little to no improvement. It's WoW specific, if I open D3 at the same time, it gets a constant 200fps. I'll check through my addons, it's just tough dropping any of those because we're working on 25man Gary and I don't want to mess with my UI as I rely pretty heavily on it.
    Do you guys know any benchmark testing software? I can see if I'm getting a score that is comparable to most people. As far as driver updates go, I keep all of mine up to date, I even did a Bios update just to be sure.
    Make a backup of the Cache, WTF and Interface folders. After you do that, delete them, this should allow you to run WoW without any addons and default settings. Just return those folders once you are done testing.

Also, check your GPU and CPU usage during the FPS drops. GPU-Z can be used to check GPU load.

You say you run an OCed system? Have your tried disabling the OC settings and running at stock clocks?

What about power savings settings in windows? It might be possible that your system bugs out during WoW and downclocks your CPU/GPU. Make sure your settings are set at maximum performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Make a backup of the Cache, WTF and Interface folders. After you do that, delete them, this should allow you to run WoW without any addons and default settings. Just return those folders once you are done testing.

Also, check your GPU and CPU usage during the FPS drops. GPU-Z can be used to check GPU load.

You say you run an OCed system? Have your tried disabling the OC settings and running at stock clocks?

What about power savings settings in windows? It might be possible that your system bugs out during WoW and downclocks your CPU/GPU. Make sure your settings are set at maximum performance.
    When I switched servers I backed up my cache/interface folders and it bugged, so I lost all my settings, so i'm nervous to try again.
    I set my gpu to a static speed (to stop throttling) it stays at 1100 MHZ or so the entire time. I tried disabling it, but it makes it worse.
    As far as the CPU overclock goes, I tried disabling it as well to no avail. I also tried a mobo update because the OC software is bundled into the motherboard (MSI-Z87 GD65- v1.9)
    Power savings have been edited for performance in windows as well as the nvidia control panel.