Thread: IQ tests.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can study for IQ tests and boost your score pretty easily. IQ tests only prove you can solve logical problems. If you do a puzzle book every day for a month and you took a test, your score would be higher than if you didn't.

Personally my IQ is > 140, but I never finished college and didn't graduate high school (not that it was difficult, I taught myself calculus in 8th grade). It has no correlation to how much you know, you could have the highest IQ in the world and not know anything at all. A lot of my friends are smarter than me without any relation to our IQ, though my IQ means I have a capacity to be smarter, if I actually enjoyed learning, reading, etc. I understand things a lot quicker than other people, math is second nature, but I couldn't tell you much about history or science.

At least my take on it; the test I took was mensa around ~10 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    IQ tests are just an indication, a poor one in my eyes.
    There are multiple different types of IQ tests, but they all test the same thing. And are mostly focused on logical–mathematical, visual-spatial and verbal-linguistic.

But there plenty of other aspects to intelligence, that aren't even included in IQ tests. There's at least 9 different types of intelligence, of course debated and still researched.
    - Musical–rhythmic & harmonic
    - Verbal–linguistic
    - Intrapersonal
    - Visual–spatial
    - Logical–mathematical
    - Bodily–kinesthetic
    - Interpersonal
    - Naturalistic
    - Existential

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    This.

There are millions of "best IQ test" out there, they are all shit.
    a lot of the questions are the same you would find on an official iq test. i guess you can dismiss it as fake cause it is but to sit there and think somebody that scores well on those are not gonna score well on the real IQ test is stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    IQ tests are just an indication, a poor one in my eyes.
    There are multiple different types of IQ tests, but they all test the same thing. And are mostly focused on logical–mathematical, visual-spatial and verbal-linguistic.

But there plenty of other aspects to intelligence, that aren't even included in IQ tests. There's at least 9 different types of intelligence, of course debated and still researched.
    - Musical–rhythmic & harmonic
    - Verbal–linguistic
    - Intrapersonal
    - Visual–spatial
    - Logical–mathematical
    - Bodily–kinesthetic
    - Interpersonal
    - Naturalistic
    - Existential
    a lot of those are skills that should not be thought of as intelligence. especially music, but i know our society values the arts and will not correct it. others like mathematical is more knowledge than IQ. ie; if you know the formula, you can do the problem, if you dont know the formula then good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merite View Post
    You can study for IQ tests and boost your score pretty easily. IQ tests only prove you can solve logical problems. If you do a puzzle book every day for a month and you took a test, your score would be higher than if you didn't.

Personally my IQ is > 140, but I never finished college and didn't graduate high school (not that it was difficult, I taught myself calculus in 8th grade). It has no correlation to how much you know, you could have the highest IQ in the world and not know anything at all. A lot of my friends are smarter than me without any relation to our IQ, though my IQ means I have a capacity to be smarter, if I actually enjoyed learning, reading, etc. I understand things a lot quicker than other people, math is second nature, but I couldn't tell you much about history or science.

At least my take on it; the test I took was mensa around ~10 years ago.
    that is why they call it an IQ test not a knowledge test, but thank you for repeating what everybody has said
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2014-01-23 at 12:15 AM.

So the average IQ on MMO-C is >130, who would´ve thought.