Poll: What new paid-for features we will get in the first year of WoD?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What new paid-for features we will get in the first year of WoD?

It is evident that the range of paid-for features not covered by a sub has been expanding over time. We've had pets and mounts, then we got services like faction change and realm transfer, then we also got transmog items, now we are going to get character boosts, too.

Blizzard are talking about things like "microtransaction strategy".

It doesn't take an Einstein to conclude that the range of paid-for features not covered by a sub is going to continue to expand in the future.

What new paid-for features do you think we are likely to get in the first year of WoD?

---
    No flames, please. It would be interesting to compare the results of this poll with what will actually happen. Thank you.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-22 at 12:38 PM.

Deleted
    Nothing new I think. Just the same old.

Beating yourself for not including an option for paid-for cards in Hearthstone that give pets or toys in WoW, and something similar for Heroes of the Storm. Damn. Ah, well...

I really want them to implement paid extra spec slots.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

They're not going to offer a single service to be paid for aside from Mounts, Transmog items, and Pets.

Derp.

All of it over time. Well, maybe not raiding gear but all the other shit will make it into the $tore sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    They're not going to offer a single service to be paid for aside from Mounts, Transmog items, and Pets.

Derp.
    Well, they are already talking about paid character boost, so perhaps you should include that in your list of "never anything else" as well.

If there's any way to bet on them offering Tri-Spec for $$ at some point during/before WoD I'd put a hundred bucks on that
    It's already in the game files and not part of WoD promotion so...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All of those could be seen as P2W by a large amount of players. And depending on how important Garrisons are, that could even be P2W.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Well, they are already talking about paid character boost, so perhaps you should include that in your list of "never anything else" as well.
    They haven't said they're actually doing it, so, until they ACTUALLY say they are, they aren't

Look what happened with the Experience Boost Potion. Derpa derp derp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    All of those could be seen as P2W by a large amount of players. And depending on how important Garrisons are, that could even be P2W.
    And considering they outright said they will never sell anything labelled as "Pay to Win", none of these will ever be implemented.

You can quote me on that. I encourage it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    If there's any way to bet on them offering Tri-Spec for $$ at some point during/before WoD I'd put a hundred bucks on that
    It's already in the game files and not part of WoD promotion so...
    Believe it or not, I would not call that P2W.

Unless the "follow the elite" mentality of players makes it mandatory for hybrids...

Cosmetic things for Garrisons are a pretty obvious thing going forward, which will again have no impact on anything but people will go insane bitching about it.

None of the things in the poll will be implemented because they're performance enhancing and Blizzard isn't doing that with the store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Cosmetic things for Garrisons are a pretty obvious thing going forward, which will again have no impact on anything but people will go insane bitching about it.

None of the things in the poll will be implemented because they're performance enhancing and Blizzard isn't doing that with the store.
    Garrisons don't really have much that is purely "cosmetic" that we know of. Every building somehow boosts your performance.

Instant crop growth. No longer need to wait til the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    They haven't said they're actually doing it, so, until they ACTUALLY say they are, they aren't

Look what happened with the Experience Boost Potion. Derpa derp derp.

- - - Updated - - -

And considering they outright said they will never sell anything labelled as "Pay to Win", none of these will ever be implemented.

You can quote me on that. I encourage it.
    Well, if you think they won't do a paid-for boost, then I agree, it shouldn't be in your list. Not sure that's a popular opinion, but fine.

As to the second part, they said so many things, it's not funny. They said they won't ever allow transferring from PVE server to PVP, for example. Or that they want to issue WoD significantly faster than MoP (yeah, I know, they didn't fail on that yet, but... alright, there are other topics for this).

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrisons don't really have much that is purely "cosmetic" that we know of. Every building somehow boosts your performance.
    I could definitely see them adding skins to garrisons. 30 dollars to make your garrison blood elf/tauren architecture.

There are a lot of monuments, trophies, etc. Placeable items for fun or to show off. There's a lot of room there for them to add various cosmetic items in along the lines of the sims without needing to go in to anything that actually has a performance function. Or even new buildings that just do silly fun stuff that aren't tied to any practical progression/performance things.

Deleted
    Maybe wrong topic but there is really a thing that I would pay good money for.
    Instant Mounts for everyone... not just druids. I was really disappointed when they changed vial of the sands from instant to castime
    OT: I think there may be a +%exp Flask in the future as we have already seen but besides from that i dont expect any more paid services that drastically alter the gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I could definitely see them adding skins to garrisons. 30 dollars to make your garrison blood elf/tauren architecture.
    I REALLY hope not. And not actually because you pay for it.

I hope not because I want to pick skins on a per-building basis, not just a broad brush of the whole thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    There are a lot of monuments, trophies, etc. Placeable items for fun or to show off. There's a lot of room there for them to add various cosmetic items in along the lines of the sims without needing to go in to anything that actually has a performance function. Or even new buildings that just do silly fun stuff that aren't tied to any practical progression/performance things.
    Maybe. But I'm not convinced we'll see cosmetic stuff in 6.0. I'm expecting this to launch VERY bare bones and be slowly finished to and through patch 7.0.

I've seen quite a lot of people here who think that something that "just saves time" (just like the 90 lvl boost) is not pay2win. So Blizzard could probably get away with selling all of the things on the list except raiding gear.