Looking for Pvp hunter rundown

I'm new to a hunter never really dabbled into this class so i was wondering can someone with good experience with a hunter please give me a run down on pvp

*talent
    *pet
    *profession
    *enchant
    *gems

IF anyone can please enlighten me on these topics that would be wonderful and helpful for me and anyone else thank you

Deleted
    Try searching the forum and the web including youtube instead of getting everything served at you. There are several good guides out there. So many people asking this kinda things on a daily basis and you always get different answers. Even Noxxic works for you because the lack of intrest in getting a good setup for your hunter.

What spec are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Avengex View Post
    Try searching the forum and the web including youtube instead of getting everything served at you. There are several good guides out there. So many people asking this kinda things on a daily basis and you always get different answers. Even Noxxic works for you because the lack of intrest in getting a good setup for your hunter.

What spec are you playing?
    BM as of right now

Deleted
    Noxxic should have this info.

Edit: http://www.noxxic.com/

Please take Noxxic with a grain of salt, and any site that recommends gems, talents and things for PVP - use it always as a reference only and ALWAYS decide what is best for you. I say this because matching socket bonuses on all your gear is not optimal for PVP due to bonuses of PVP power dont outweigh the main or secondary stat gains

Check out the hunter forums - there a few long threads there with some helpful info for new PVP hunters.

I am at work at the moment but when i get a chance ill pop up some link for a few things that helped me when hunter-ing
    Last edited by Tailstrike; 2014-01-22 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpoison324 View Post
    I'm new to a hunter never really dabbled into this class so i was wondering can someone with good experience with a hunter please give me a run down on pvp

*talent
    *pet
    *profession
    *enchant
    *gems

IF anyone can please enlighten me on these topics that would be wonderful and helpful for me and anyone else thank you
    Well for all 3 specs gemming is the same Blue sockets gets agility/pvppower if its 60agility or better socket bonus if not use strait 160 agility. Yellow sockets get 80agility160crit strike and that's the same thing if the socket bonus is 60 agility or better. For Specs all 3 are viable for pvp. Now for pets most people use a Crane for the 4 sec sleep they have or a wolf for crit buff or cat for mastery or bird for disarm. Now for talents The cookie cutter Build is Narrow escape for the web it has when you disengage. Next tier is a little more of your own choosing depends on if you like Wyvern sting or Binding shot both are good in certain situations. Next tier most people go with spirit bond or Iron hawk. Next tier is Blink strikes for most people and some use A murder of crows. Last tier 90% of players use Glaive toss over the other two. The major enchants you need are agility to bracers which is 180 and the leg armor kit that is agility one and same with shoulder armor kit use the agility one and for cloak use the crit one and boots the agility one. Those are all the major enchants/talents/gems you see 90% of hunters using for pvp. Professions are just which ever you like more they all bring something to the table.

I'm super casual now a days and only run random BGs, but I have a lot of fun playing as MM. Just like Reddbull said, gem agi or agi/pvp if the socket bonus is agi. Reforge into Crit where you can and have 3% hit/exp.

Have a Cunning pet, Roar of Sac is insanely good.

I run, Narrow Escape, Binding Shot, Spirit Bond, Blink Strikes and Glaive Toss.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

The most important thing you need to master is the art of backpedaling as only then can you make truly skilled players mad with your constant barrage of 40k arcane shots / 100+k kill commands while you're slowly and carefully taking step after step backwards, allowing the delusion of skill to slowly make you happy. Once that's done, you'll reach the zen of hunter potential and never have to fear again.

If you wish to master it further, remember the following:

Save both deterrences for when your team is dead and you only have 10% health left, that way you lose the game but you also slowly kill your enemies by wasting 10 seconds of their life.

A point in Narrow Escape will fix your one weakness: having a dead zo-.. Having no escap-.. Having no defensi-.. Having no cc-... Err... Having to rely on so few things to keep you alive.

Spec into wyvern sting and forget you ever had to use precision and skill to land freezing trap.

Fervor is for tryhards who actually want to rely on their player capacity to manage their focus. You're a hunter, so always spec into dire beast because your job is creating a clusterf*ck on the battlefield so that no one can click you!

/sarcasm and /frustration. I hate hunters in MoP.

That said, have the armory of highest rated hunter in the world.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2014-01-27 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    The most important thing you need to master is the art of backpedaling as only then can you make truly skilled players mad with your constant barrage of 40k arcane shots while you're slowly and carefully taking step after step backwards, allowing the delusion of skill to slowly make you happy. Once that's done, you'll reach the zen of hunter potential and never have to fear again.

Save both deterrences for when your team is dead and you only have 10% health left, that way you lose the game but you also slowly kill your enemies by wasting 10 seconds of their life.

A point in Narrow Escape will fix your one weakness: having a dead zo-.. Having no escap-.. Having no defensi-.. Having no cc-... Err... Having to rely on so few things to keep you alive.

Spec into wyvern sting and forget you ever had to use precision and skill to land freezing trap.

Fervor is for tryhards who actually want to rely on their player capacity to manage their focus. You're a hunter, so always spec into dire beast because your job is creating a clusterf*ck on the battlefield so that no one can click you!

/sarcasm and /frustration.
    Wyvern Sting shares DR with Trap. You're on pretty low rating if you're facing hunters who do this. Fervor vs Thrill of the Hunt is a matter of taste. But in most cases, the latter is better.

I didn't say wyvern -> trap. I meant wyvern INSTEAD OF trap when it fails / when they want to cc 2 at once.

I didn't say wyvern -> trap. I meant wyvern INSTEAD OF trap when it fails / when they want to cc 2 at once.
    Fair enough. Landing traps hasn't been skill based since scatter shot + trap launcher anyway. Nor is picking up a trap as DPS skill based anymore.

At high ratings, yes; You'd be surprised how many hunters still can't land traps even with launcher + scatter.

PoV of a new-to-PvP Hunter

Gems:
    Red - Delicate
    Yellow - Deadly
    Purple - Assassin

Enchants/Reforge - Focus on Hit/Exp to 3% each > Agility > Mastery >= Crit >>> Haste

Talents - They all seem to cater to different people. I personally run CTHC, Binding Shot, Spirit Bond, Fervor, Blink Strikes and Glaive Toss. I switch between AoTIH and Spirit Bond depending on the day.

Glyphs: Solace (mandatory), and Explosive Trap/Deterrence but those change. Some days I like Master's Call if I'm getting all Warrior teams.

Pet: I still don't know which is best. I typically run 2's with a RShaman, so I run Crane for Lullaby. Double-melee I'll use Bird of Prey. I am tempted to just stable my Goat as the cast time debuff seems pointless. The most difficult teams for me have an RDruid and they don't really "cast".

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpoison324 View Post

*talent
    *pet
    *profession
    *enchant
    *gems

Talents:

This is assuming you are playing marksmanship

posthaste for teams with freedoms
    narrow escape for those which do not
    crouching tiger for spellcleaves (paired with mirrored blades glyph)

binding shot or wyvern sting are both great, intimidation is clunky to use since it requires your pet to be in melee range. I prefer binding shot because it's a great zoning tool since you make people have to completely avoid the area and it's also not on the global cooldown like wyvern

spirit bond if you play without any heals, iron hawk if you do. Exhilaration is pretty bad considering it will only heal you for about 10% of your hp after heal debuff hits.

thrill of the hunt always, stacks up to 6 times and arcane shot is a lot of your damage.

murder of crows, pet wont have 100% uptime on your target so blink strikes is fairly pointless since sometimes you need to recall it to heal or it gets cced etc. Pets aren't really there for damage.

Final talent is glaive toss with no exception.

pet I would use is a crane for most situations, monkey for teams with magic immunities (dk/rogue), scorpion/bird for some cases against hunter/dk teams (i still see hunters using scope instead of weapon chain), moth can come in useful against spellcleaves (most don't expect the interrupt) and fox is an alternative to provide aoe spell haste debuff.

profession: engineering and any other one that gives you 320 agility

enchants:

shoulder: tiger claw (200 agi 100 crit)
    chest: 80 stats (200 resilience is really not worth it)
    legs: shadowleather (285 agi 185 crit)
    hands: expertise
    cloak: crit
    bow: weapon chain
    wrist: 180 agi
    belt: buckle

gems:

red: agi
    yellow: agi/crit
    blue: agi/pvp power

reforging:

reforge hit away from every piece of gear to crit, if it already has crit reforge it to expertise
    reforge all haste to crit, if it already has crit reforge to expertise
    reforge all mastery to crit, if it already has crit reforge to expertise.

I always found hunter the least enjoyable class to pvp with outside of twinking level 30 back in vanilla.

The most important thing you need to master is the art of backpedaling as only then can you make truly skilled players mad with your constant barrage of 40k arcane shots / 100+k kill commands while you're slowly and carefully taking step after step backwards, allowing the delusion of skill to slowly make you happy. Once that's done, you'll reach the zen of hunter potential and never have to fear again.

/sarcasm and /frustration. I hate hunters in MoP.

That said, have the armory of highest rated hunter in the world.
    The accuracy of this post astounds me. I havent done any serious pvp this season, mostly putting around 1900 in 2s and 3s and met a 2k KFC in 3s where the hunter did literally everything you said. Its mind-blowing how ridiculous hunters are, wars cant even compete on the easymode scale.

As for gems/enchants/profs, its the same as any other class. Gem full agi and agi/crit in yellow and agi/power in blue and take the highest dps profs and enchants you can afford. There isn't much to think about in gear anymore. Spec BM if you want to not think about anything, MM is slightly more skillful and alot stronger right now. Spec whatever you feel is best or look at top rated players, I personally disagree with many high rated players on specs because they run specific comps that I don't and most likely change talents/glyphs constantly before matches anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Deleted
    Hunters are extremely squishy right now, regardless if the sarcastic comments above. Unless played exceptionally well hunter is a very easy target, left alone a backpedaling newbie. Nevertheless, I am in no way arguing the fact that hunters dash ridiculous amounts of damage, but seriously which class doesn't?? OP don't bother reading posts here apart from what Illana said above and check arenajunkies.com , hunter forum as you gona learn loads of cool shit. As for videos check skill-capped there are some awesome free videos that will teach loads. And finally youtube, watch Wippe and learn how to dominate 2v2 arena where you should be starting off as a new hunt. Cheers!