View Poll Results: How many subs will WoW be down to for the next conference call?

Voters
810. You may not vote on this poll
  • Between 6 - 6.5 Million

297 36.67%
  • Between 5.5 - 6 Million

107 13.21%
  • Between 5 - 5.5 Million

165 20.37%
  • Other

241 29.75%
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    To think that WoW won't lose subs its just wishful thinking.. especially seeing how bad Mop was.
    To think that BC was when wow was at its best is to deny the fact that Wrath blew BC out of the fucking water. BC blew asshole because on account of giving 1% of the playerbase, the ones with free time to spend hours doing idiotic shit in a pretend life on a video game to bolster their dwindling self-esteem, were handed the content others, who paid the same $15/month as they to access, (and earned said $15 a month via means other than an allowance). The ones who didn't have endless free time doing *repetitive bullshit* in order access to a massive chunk of the end game which was promoted as the primary content for the expansion. Wrath changed that and subs went even higher than Bullshit Crusade's numbers could dream of. Think about that for a bit since you are on your soapbox pretending the best thing ever was the attunement grind-fest of BC and Classic, which didn't foster social interaction but rather forced players to take endless shit from maniacally sadistic little assholes known as raid leaders and their cronies. Get over it. Subs are down cause it's an extremely old video game running short on ideas, not because "casuals" ruined your precious 1% game. If your 1% maintained the access to end game content the game would've died years ago as more and more people got sick and tired of no-lifers waving their epeens around in everyone's face cause they had 40 hours a week to devote to a video game (where as everyone else devotes that to a real job). Time =/= skill, sorry you haven't gotten anything beyond Hand of A'dal, but clinging to it as if it's more prestigious than getting Firelord, Light of the Dawn or Hellscream's Downfall (while current) is asinine.
    Last edited by Moon Blade; 2014-02-05 at 12:36 AM.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Independence Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    I think people should keep on complaining about giving out free 90s and also about the loss of subscriptions. Just keep on trolling those "bad" players in l f r. As well or give people grief for not having heirloom gear.
    Your comment isn't really on topic, but there are some genuinely bad players in LFR (whether due to lack of experience or lack of effort, skill doesn't really factor in much into that difficulty level).

On topic: I think, with x-realm heirlooms and SoO, that the sub loss will be mitigated somewhat...definitely not below 6.4 mil subs.

Don't know why you guys keep wasting server bandwidth over these stupid "prediction" threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    This just in - Catering to 1% will bring in a higher amount of players.
    Not at all what I said, is it?

Won't change a whole lot , but this topic is new and exciting so glad you chose to make it....

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Don't know why you guys keep wasting server bandwidth over these stupid "prediction" threads.
    Here in the 1st world we don't have a limit so there's no waste going on, no need to worry.

Less players means more mounts on the blizzstore.

Once WoW enters its final downwards spiral ATVI will try and get as much money of the remaining players as to fund their next golden cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    Not at all what I said, is it?
    "If they stopped making the game so casual that even casuals thinks its too casual, people would start playing the game feeling like it's worth playing. "

Literally what you said.

Implying Blizzard should 1) Stop catering to Casuals (i.e Appeal to the more "hardcore" audience), 2) That it's the cause of lack of players.
    Every person complaining about no-content ever : My fridge is full of stuff i don't want to eat - I don't have anything to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Less players means more mounts on the blizzstore.

Once WoW enters its final downwards spiral ATVI will try and get as much money of the remaining players as to fund their next golden cow.
    + 1 , they have more people working in bulls..t for the game store than people working in the next Xpac. Fact.

WoW is only going down from here, if you ignore the occasional ~100k gain from new expansions. And it has nothing to do with the fact it's more casual than ever. It has everything to do with the fact that the game is 10 years old, and eventually people are gonna get tired of playing the same thing over and over again. Some people will come back for the new expansion, but they'll quickly remember why they quit in the first place. That happens to me every single time, but it won't happen this time.

It won't happen this time because I've realized that Blizzard is done creatively. Instead of staying hungry, they got fat and happy with where they were at. That's why when the subs started dropping, they had no answer. The subs continued to drop, and they thought getting content out faster than ever would be the fix. They were wrong. The problem isn't the speed of content, it's the fact the content is now boring.

It won't happen this time because I've realized that Blizzard's main goal is to milk the game for all its worth. We're seeing more and more items and services being thrown on the store at an alarming rate. This game used to be free of that stuff, because paying $15 month actually meant something. Not anymore. Next will be microtransactions on the level of Candy Crush.

I think it's time for people to wake up and smell the coffee. Blizzard is but a shadow of its former self. Their greed is leading this game to ruin, as it will for all their games.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Games View Post
    WoW is only going down from here, if you ignore the occasional ~100k gain from new expansions. And it has nothing to do with the fact it's more casual than ever. It has everything to do with the fact that the game is 10 years old, and eventually people are gonna get tired of playing the same thing over and over again. Some people will come back for the new expansion, but they'll quickly remember why they quit in the first place. That happens to me every single time, but it won't happen this time.

It won't happen this time because I've realized that Blizzard is done creatively. Instead of staying hungry, they got fat and happy with where they were at. That's why when the subs started dropping, they had no answer. The subs continued to drop, and they thought getting content out faster than ever would be the fix. They were wrong. The problem isn't the speed of content, it's the fact the content is now boring.

It won't happen this time because I've realized that Blizzard's main goal is to milk the game for all its worth. We're seeing more and more items and services being thrown on the store at an alarming rate. This game used to be free of that stuff, because paying $15 month actually meant something. Not anymore. Next will be microtransactions on the level of Candy Crush.

I think it's time for people to wake up and smell the coffee. Blizzard is but a shadow of its former self. Their greed is leading this game to ruin, as it will for all their games.
    Everybody , pls read this post, the pure truth of WoW, Tnx man por posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Hey don't worry about those nonsense posts man. Read my quote and you will understand why people vehemently defend WoW like they do. I know its illogical and upsetting, but thats the way it works with some of these people.

To think that WoW won't lose subs its just wishful thinking.. especially seeing how bad Mop was.
    That's pretty much the case with all fanboys, just look a the Sony vs. Microsoft console war thing. Or the PC master race. It's a corporation and they treat it like it's a person or a valuable thing to them.

this video explains it too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keH4g2IuLnA

- - - Updated - - -

This just in - Catering to 1% will bring in a higher amount of players.
    The game used to cater to nobody like it was in Vanilla/TBC and skill determined your progression. It was never hardcore vs. casual back then people just played.

Don't know what happened but Blizzard must have socially engineered people over the years.

Terrible poll options once again Jaylock. You should at least include up to 8m to be safe. Guessing 6.9m
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    The game used to cater to nobody like it was in Vanilla/TBC and skill determined your progression. It was never hardcore vs. casual back then people just played.

Don't know what happened but Blizzard must have socially engineered people over the years.
    Vanilla/TBC had less players then "The Era of Casual-gaming". Funny how that works.
    Every person complaining about no-content ever : My fridge is full of stuff i don't want to eat - I don't have anything to eat.

Vanilla/TBC had less players then "The Era of Casual-gaming". Funny how that works.
    Sorry but the whole TBC Period has more subs than now.

Last edited by Iseeyou; 2014-02-05 at 01:36 AM.

27y old. French buisness lawyer. Playing what my friends are playing. Destiny and Wod.

Nice try but try harder. 11 million at the end of TBC and in 2 days we will probably hear 7-7.5 million.

Considering how many people from my friends list started playing again that I haven't played with since T11: No loss - 200k
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Knowing Celestalon, he both A) doesn't know and B) will nerf the spec until he figures it out while denying it ever happened.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Sorry but the whole TBC Period has more subs than now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Nice try but try harder. 11 million at the end of TBC and in 2 days we will probably hear 7-7.5 million.
    This just in - Reading comprehension.

Twas even higher in Wrath and Cata.

Both places where the LFR and Casual Concept/nerfs became prominent.

But hey, All the more rage - amirite?

I don't think the subs are going to change much to be honest, it's probably going to be like +/-100k.
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 16GB G.SKILL Ares 2133Mhz
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB/1TB | 512GB MX100 | 1TB WD Black x2 | 2TB WD Black |3TB WD Green NAS x2
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | SeasonicX 650 | NXZT H440 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK
    Asus Xonar Essense STX | Presonus E5 x2 | Takstar HiFi 2050's

This just in - Reading comprehension.

Twas even higher in Wrath and Cata.

Both places where the LFR and Casual Concept/nerfs became prominent.

But hey, All the more rage - amirite?
    They've turned casual because they are greedy for fast money. We will see how it works out in the long run for them.

I wonder how many will buy Diablo 3's expansion cause it's definitely not going to be record breaking this time.
    Last edited by Peso; 2014-02-05 at 01:50 AM.