View Poll Results: How many subs will WoW be down to for the next conference call?

Voters
810. This poll is closed
  • Between 6 - 6.5 Million

297 36.67%
  • Between 5.5 - 6 Million

107 13.21%
  • Between 5 - 5.5 Million

165 20.37%
  • Other

241 29.75%
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Peaking meaning the highest point ever reached - Not highest point that will EVER be reached.
    It did reach it, don't kid yourself. Anyone who seriously thinks a 10 year old game could realistically double its sub numbers compaired to the peak numbers it once had (let alone to sustain that peak for years on end) is living in a dream world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It did reach it, don't kid yourself. Anyone who seriously thinks a 10 year old game could realistically double its sub numbers compaired to the peak numbers it once had is living in a dream world.
    Irrelevant - You simply used the definition wrong.

Till the numbers for WoD comes in - you can claim anything you want. It's completely irrelevant.

I used to think of WoW like any other video game. You know....a game that someone buys..plays for a while...the graphics get old or you tire of the storyline and then you go and buy something new.

Then, a few years ago I started to see WoW more like Madden Football or other games that are ....well...games. Electronic football, baseball, soccer, war games....you know..generic games that attract people who just like the genre.

Now, I think WoW represents and has represented the MMO fantasy genre interest better than anyone and that genre will continue to attract people. Other game companies keep coming out with theme park fantasy MMO's to meet the public's basic interest but...WoW still continues to hold the most interest for the genre..just like Madden football does for football.

Saying that WoW is somehow going to just go away now is like saying Madden, NBA 2014 or Battleground or other franchises will just go away. The players may grow or shrink but WoW has moved beyond this whole "Buy a game, play it, throw it away" kind of thinking and most people just don't get it.

Irrelevant - You simply used the definition wrong.

Till the numbers for WoD comes in - you can claim anything you want. It's completely irrelevant.
    The game is 10 years old. No further argument needed. Your wishful thinking about 20M (or even 12M subs) is what's truly irrelevant here.

To think that WoW won't lose subs its just wishful thinking.. especially seeing how bad Mop was.
    That is also irrelevant. The main driving factor for a steady decline in subs is simply the age of the game, not the quality of the content.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2014-02-05 at 12:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like your profile pic Jaylock... Much better than the old crow.

Anyways. I'll participate for once and say around 6.1 million.

What is scary is that either Blizzard doesn't care and just tries to cash in, or they're actually ignoring the fact that they're the reason less people are subscribing.

If they stopped making the game so casual that even casuals thinks its too casual, people would start playing the game feeling like it's worth playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    What is scary is that either Blizzard doesn't care and just tries to cash in, or they're actually ignoring the fact that they're the reason less people are subscribing.

If they stopped making the game so casual that even casuals thinks its too casual, people would start playing the game feeling like it's worth playing.
    They're not ignoring anything, they understand the game is very old and nothing will bring back the peak numbers short of reinventing the wheel completely but such an innovation would propably be better reserved for a new game.

Obviously, nearing the end of an expansion people are quitting or taking breaks everywhere. Still though, for the poll to be fair you should've been less specific about numbers and also added numbers greater than current sub numbers. You know, just in case it actually does happen.

Haven't paid attention to end of expansion sub losses before so I have no clue, but I'm gonna guess around 350k subs lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Deleted
    The game is 10 years old. No further argument needed. Your wishful thinking about 20M (or even 12M subs) is what's truly irrelevant here.

That is also irrelevant. The main driving factor for a steady decline in subs is simply the age of the game, not the quality of the content.
    And the returning lore of WC2/WC3 heroes won't breathe life into it?

I am not wishfuly thinking of 20 mil - I was satirical.

- - - Updated - - -

This just in - Catering to 1% will bring in a higher amount of players.

And the returning lore of WC2/WC3 heroes won't breathe life into it?
    Ofc it will, just as the start of every new expansion but it won't last for more than a month or two as usual, and it certainly won't be anything crazy like 12M.

Deleted
    Ofc it will, just as the start of every new expansion but it won't last for more than a month or two as usual, and it certainly won't be anything crazy like 12M.
    Or will it?

Think about it.

I think people should keep on complaining about giving out free 90s and also about the loss of subscriptions. Just keep on trolling those "bad" players in l f r. As well or give people grief for not having heirloom gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    I think people should keep on complaining about giving out free 90s and also about the loss of subscriptions. Just keep on trolling those "bad" players in l f r. As well or give people grief for not having heirloom gear.
    Your comment isn't really on topic, but there are some genuinely bad players in LFR (whether due to lack of experience or lack of effort, skill doesn't really factor in much into that difficulty level).

On topic: I think, with x-realm heirlooms and SoO, that the sub loss will be mitigated somewhat...definitely not below 6.4 mil subs.

Don't know why you guys keep wasting server bandwidth over these stupid "prediction" threads.

This just in - Catering to 1% will bring in a higher amount of players.
    Not at all what I said, is it?

Won't change a whole lot , but this topic is new and exciting so glad you chose to make it....

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Don't know why you guys keep wasting server bandwidth over these stupid "prediction" threads.
    Here in the 1st world we don't have a limit so there's no waste going on, no need to worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Less players means more mounts on the blizzstore.

Once WoW enters its final downwards spiral ATVI will try and get as much money of the remaining players as to fund their next golden cow.

Deleted
    Not at all what I said, is it?
    "If they stopped making the game so casual that even casuals thinks its too casual, people would start playing the game feeling like it's worth playing. "

Literally what you said.

Implying Blizzard should 1) Stop catering to Casuals (i.e Appeal to the more "hardcore" audience), 2) That it's the cause of lack of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Less players means more mounts on the blizzstore.

Once WoW enters its final downwards spiral ATVI will try and get as much money of the remaining players as to fund their next golden cow.
    + 1 , they have more people working in bulls..t for the game store than people working in the next Xpac. Fact.