View Poll Results: How many subs will WoW be down to for the next conference call?

Voters
810. This poll is closed
  • Between 6 - 6.5 Million

297 36.67%
  • Between 5.5 - 6 Million

107 13.21%
  • Between 5 - 5.5 Million

165 20.37%
  • Other

241 29.75%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    Honestly, you've nothing to back that claim. This earnings report is of the end of the quarter yes? If we didnt see a drop then, which is something we'd normally see, you can't really assume we'll see one later. Its baseless doomsaying at this point, because everything was pointing towards a drop that didn't happen.
    The gain from patch 5.4 was enough to sustain the loss from the few (myself included) that already quit prior to 2013 ending. Do you really think only 200k joined in 5.4 and stayed since then? Fuck no. There was a loss from the raid becoming repetitive like every other tier, just a loss that was smaller than what was earned, 200k being the difference. With nothing to incentivize players to make a return in Q1, what will bring in players? What will keep players from quitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm guessing they're planning on a PvP resurgence to help sustain the game through the next few months. It might actually happen, as the value of PvP gear will be the highest it's been in the expansion.
    This is something that I overlooked, but I doubt it's going to keep that many people in. It might negate the loss from Q1 (but I kinda doubt it as most players, especially PvP, are quite casual about it), but if nothing comes in Q2, the loss will be significantly larger than the gain.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Hmm 5.7 Subs?

7-5 = 2
    7-2 = 5 , 5 - 2 = 3

This means 3.5
    Like the trolls tank from Hearthstone.
    2 is also the cost, atk and health of mad scientist.
    Mad scientist swaps between HP and health so it's used on the troll making it 5 attack and 3 health now.
    3 health is approx half of what he had before (5) just rounded up = Half life 3 confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Without a doubt. People will say I'm a "doomsayer", but I'm more or less tied to facts than stupid opinions with no ground or basis to stand on.

While no one expected a 200k jump upwards, it's a guarantee that subs will drop in this quarter, and drop even further in Q2 unless WoD drops then. Patches jump up a bit, expansions jump up a lot higher. Quarters without any content drop subs.
    Let me throw some water on your guarantee.

In two weeks Blizzard will put WOD on presale, which means everybody that buys the presale gets a new instant level 90 right then.

in Patch 6.0 the event leading to WOD Blizzard will introduce Mythic Raiding to SoO AND allow cross realm Normal and Heroic Raiding.

ALL this before WOD skyrockets subs over the 10 million mark again.

WOW has at least 20 years left bub, that is a LONG time to hate.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    The best part is once again he is banned and can't make the "Blizzard is lying about how many subs there are" thread he oh so wants to make right now. You know he is sitting there reading these posts just eagerly wishing he could say something.
    Sometimes I wonder if he's paid by an outside marketing firm because the questions and ideas he present are just so far out there. 9/10 times you know the answer to his proposed ideas as you cringe because a 50 page trolling thread is about to start.

Deleted
    Loads of people left, but the end-of-year sale of all World of Warcraft games brought more new people to the game. Smart move, but how many of them have left by now?

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Players like cutting down jaylock, but he still succeeds in getting attention from players and getting them to be engaged in discussions on the forums.
    He creates threads on known highly volatile topics...not exactly hard or original =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

So, did anyone actually predict it would go up?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if you don't like Jaylock - flaming/spamming rude posts will not be tolerated. I've dealt with a few and I'll be going over the rest.

I'm closing this because there is a long running thread on the conference call and the news article comments that you can post in. The Jaylock bashing ends here.