Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    I don't want it to go f2p. The subscription is what keeps all those doomsayers on the forums only. f2p would mean all the sewers of the gaming world opening and just spilling out all the bile that is now kept at bay with subscription.

I don't care if the game is F2P. As long the game gets the support and updates from Blizzard and stays the same way as know I will not bother me.

Mostly because I feel as if the $15/month cost isn't worth it anymore.

There's so many high quality F2P games out there now, and Blizzard themselves even added to the list with Hearthstone, that it'll become harder and harder for people to justify to themselves why they'd spend money on a subscription fee.
    ♦ "It is easy to take insolence from those who are below you." ♦

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    exactly its a small fee yet big enough to keep these kind of people away. worth
    I don't think the monthly sub has anything to do with it considering that just a few years ago you had goldsellers spam you with whispers, advertise in trade chat and advertise their web addresses in Org and Stormwind by botting dozens of level 1 characters to lie down and spell it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Templis View Post
    I don't think the monthly sub has anything to do with it considering that just a few years ago you had goldsellers spam you with whispers, advertise in trade chat and advertise their web addresses in Org and Stormwind by botting dozens of level 1 characters to lie down and spell it out.
    yea and imagine those guys would get free accounts now
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    yea and imagine those guys would get free accounts now
    They already can. WoW is F2P until level 20 or whatever.

I wouldn't mind saving myself that 15€ per month, not that it's breaking my budget, despite being out of work currently.

Downside might be a lot of the things now taken for granted being put behind a pay wall and you might even end up paying more, were it to go "free to play". Also, with the influx of players, there's bound to be a ton of those people the game might be better off without. And I'm not talking about the gold sellers. They will be there as long as people are buying. I know I haven't, but if you did, you are part of THAT particular problem.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Dreadlord
    Weird how the OP directs a question towards everyone that assumes everyone seeing this thread wants WoW to go F2P, yet he doesn't want so himself. I expected another "I want WoW to go F2P"-thread, not the opposite.

I don't want WoW to go F2P, I've never said that I do, so why are you insinuating that I want that?

Just read this on the official forums.

Regardless, Tyrael's Charger was specifically marketed as being exclusive for annual pass participants. To change that now would be disingenuous on Blizzard's part.
    What does it matter anymore? I pay 15 a month for a challenge, and with all of the sweeping changes, the slope is only getting steeper. I'm practically grasping onto the side of a cliff for dear life, trying to find a reason why I'm even here. Everything in the game is pretty much free as it is, so why not just make the game free too? As it stands, WoW going to be like GW2 in no time. People will log on, do the content for 2 weeks, get geared in less time, spend boat loads in a cash shop, then put the game down for a couple months. Blizzard isn't going to be making much money off subs much longer with how easy it is to complete all current content. So they might as well put the last casual nail in the coffin, and get it over with.

THey weren't kidding when they said the only MMO to kill WoW will be WoW. That's the most accurate prediction I've ever heard, and for years I thought it to be untrue. Unfortunately, I never thought that would spell the end of great MMORPG gaming too. Seeing as no new MMO release looks promising so far.
    Last edited by Cuchulainn; 2014-01-24 at 12:00 PM.

I want WoW to go F2P so I could FINALLY be able to quit it once and for all.

I do not want it to go f2p, but at this rate it's probably more fair to everyone, since they're pumping more and more money in making us pay more.

Besides, I'm of the humble opinion that subscription type games are something that will soon be of the past. I fear for Elder Scrolls Online, for example, that will be subscription based, but is otherwise a very promising game.

But then, I always boycot cash shop games, so I probably wouldn't play them myself. I want to buy and play, not buy and pay more, buy and subscribe and pay more. For this reason I think I'm probably done with MMO games, unfortunately.
    3DS (Pokemon X) friendcode: 1263-6368-9207. PM me!

I dont think the sub fee is well spend. I only PvP, yet the devs show lack of responsabillity for the bugs, exploits and in general show very little understanding of PvP mechanics. As a player that used to aim for high end, Holinka did absolutely nothing to enhance my game enjoyment.

I don't. I've yet to see a F2P game that wasn't actually Pay2Win, which is awful as it costs much more than a wow sub if you want to play properly.
    WoT, Quake Live
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

f2p would never be able to sustain an income similar to the hybrid WoW is going with.
    Which means slower development and lower quality.
    And the f2p-players are like cancer.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

Quote Originally Posted by salty goat View Post
    What game is F2P that continues to actually grow and improve over a long period of time? If the monthly sub of $13 US dollars or so is truly crippling to someone's finances, maybe they should spend that game-time making real money instead and not complaining about a video game, which in the end has virtually no real bearing on actual life.
    for example that hated by eveyrone here LoL its playerbase is much much wider then WoW is and its still expanding while wow is loosing more and more playerbase who maybe would stick with the game if they didnt have to pay 15 $ monthly to play it -_- there is argument of quality over quantity but ... at some point when whole servers are dying out completly quality is lost too -_-and usddenly desperately need quantity too - via realm merges like blizzard is doin now to create illusion of quantity of players who still play this game -_-

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    for example that hated by eveyrone here LoL its playerbase is much much wider then WoW is and its still expanding while wow is loosing more and more playerbase who maybe would stick with the game if they didnt have to pay 15 $ monthly to play it -_- there is argument of quality over quantity but ... at some point when whole servers are dying out completly quality is lost too -_-and usddenly desperately need quantity too - via realm merges like blizzard is doin now to create illusion of quantity of players who still play this game -_-
    So, when LoLs playerbase stops growing, what will be the excuse?
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I wouldn't quit.

I see the reason as:

- Some people just say it because it's a view that isn't shared by most and they want to start drama on the forum
    - Some people say it because they dislike having a sub-based game today
    - Some people say it because they think that F2P would enhance, not destroy, WoW.

I feel it would ruin it. I feel F2P signifies a loss of quality.
    Nice that you share your feelings. Now what?

At the pace this game is going with skipping content and going straight to the last raid, with multiple difficulties, with gearing up options like Timeless Isle and how they are pushing more things in the store and making it an ingame store it is very much looking like they are moving to a F2P model (and Blizzard trying to release content faster). Most people don't want to pay a subscription for a game they only play for just a few hours a month, especially when there are other options.

I also wonder why F2P signifies a quality loss. GW2 is F2P and has good quality. F2P games need quality also otherwise they won't make money from microtransactions either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    f2p would never be able to sustain an income similar to the hybrid WoW is going with.
    Which means slower development and lower quality.
    And the f2p-players are like cancer.
    It will change at some point just not now.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2014-01-24 at 02:46 PM.

Herald of the Titans Geminiwolf's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind the subscription fee at all if their other services and products weren't so damn overpriced. I mean seriously with the ridiculous prices like $10 for a stupid name change, $25 for server transfer and other similar services like faction change and race change, $10 for a single little pet, and $25 for a single "unique" mount, you would think they're making enough money as it is. If it weren't for that, I would be more than happy to pay their subscription fee but with all those prices backing it up I think they would be able to survive without a subscription fee because it would make more people more open in actually paying for the services and the pets and mounts. At least it would for me. No way am I paying for those ridiculously overpriced services and products on top of the subscription fee. Especially for just one game.

Funny enough, I find my subscription fee ($77 every 6 months) to be an actual good deal for a game like WoW.
    Last edited by Geminiwolf; 2014-01-24 at 03:52 PM.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

how many servers?
    how many subscriptions?
    I wouldn't push F2P on this game, nor would I personally want it. WoW goes f2p, quality in the game goes with it.
    MILLIONS of $$$$$ gone in account of a small percentage of the players complaining because they don't want to pay.
    The in-game shops are only increasing their $$, if people are willing to pay for it, it is just more $$ in their pockets.

That is alot of moo-laa to throw out the door.
    Excellence, completed by Shyama!