Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation People are getting banned for no reason/ bug. Help us.

As you may read on the official forums, people are getting banned for no reason, or hopefully because of a mistake. If you got banned, then post as well. The more people who joins the choir, the harder it will be to ignore.

Can't post links, sorry - (eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9397029689)

10+ Year Old Account
    PQR banwave.

indeed, that spoiled the raid for us. our tank and a lock got booted just before raidstart :/

Yep, it's a PQR banwave. Your buddies were cheating.

Blizzard probably has enough of some people cheating/doing illegal things in this game. If was with them I'd do the same.

Deleted
    whats PQR? guessing some bot program?

anyway, most of the people who get banned deserve it, but also blizzard sometimes catches the wrong people in their banwaves

10+ Year Old Account
    BAAAAAAAAAANWAAAAAAAAAAVE

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

anyway, most of the people who get banned deserve it, but also blizzard sometimes catches the wrong people in their banwaves
    A quick google suggests it's a 3rd party program that runs your rotation for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea I've been seeing posts from PQR users that they've been hit with 72hr bans. Blizzard must have stepped up Warden the other day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently it's a rotation bot. OP, you and your friends will not gain any sympathy from me. Botters suck. They are a plague.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Well if I had been using a bot, then I'd know the risk. But in this case, I have NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

Looked it up and it appears to be a program that just runs your rotation for you. So you'd hit like cntrl-X and then it would just start going or something like that.

Seems to have just mechanized the "one button macros" that people used to be able to come up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chridde View Post
    Well if I had been using a bot, then I'd know the risk. But in this case, I have NOT.
    This is assuming you're not bullshitting us.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Be gone, botters! You are a disease that will not be missed!

10+ Year Old Account
    a ROTATION bot??????? What in the holy hell. Whatever happened to the usual BG bots? Honestly guys, if you put this much freaking time into BOTTING you could learn how to actually play by now. GEEEEZUS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a note to point out that a 72-hour suspension for using PQR is not the same thing as a ban. It's a slap on the wrist.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    man did a google search to see what it was...found a site that supports the users... and OMG the crying in the forums the sweet sweet tears! I mean you were cheating the system you know you were and now they go and flip out that they got caught.... like wtf did you think would happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Yea I've been seeing posts from PQR users that they've been hit with 72hr bans. Blizzard must have stepped up Warden the other day.
    Lol 72 hour ban for botting, should be perma ban. I remember in vanilla/early TBC I got a ban for cursing, was a few hours maybe 3 IDR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Just a note to point out that a 72-hour suspension for using PQR is not the same thing as a ban. It's a slap on the wrist.
    Many people got perm bans also.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. A 72 hour 'ban' is a warning, not a ban.