Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    probs quit. if i can't see myself on top of dps on recount, whats the point in playing

Quote Originally Posted by Xayl1 View Post
    I wold feel bad for the people that use them
    I'm a selfish prick, I wouldn't.

Deleted
    its funny how everyone wishes the game to be harder... just remove dbm and any similiar addons and you will see

WoW's sort of built around the expectation of add-ons. If they removed add-on support, they would create encounters differently.

I would probably just adapt, though I'm not sure how my guildmates would react. I might have to find a new guild, if any of my guildmates were uptight enough to freak out over the loss of add-ons and we lost our roster.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Does that mean i would have to keep ICD trinket timers in my head?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use them so i don't really cares.

And you shouldn't either. When WoW start people learn play without them.

They are just useless thing who kill the game spirit by taking people by their hands and doing thing that they can do themselves without any outside help.

A true and great player doesn't have 25 add-ons around him telling him what to do. Sometimes i'm wondering if peoples play the game..or the add-on play for them.
    Last edited by Malkazam; 2014-01-23 at 01:33 AM.
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

I'd do exactly what I did when they implemented LFR... GTFO and never look back.

Creating a new UI every few weeks felt like an entire mini-game to me, seeing how professional and functional I could rearrange my UI was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    I don't use them so i don't really cares.

And you shouldn't either. When WoW start people learn play without them.

They are just useless thing who kill the game spirit by taking people by their hands and doing thing that they can do themselves without any outside help.
    So for optimal play how do you propose people track timers like internal cooldowns?

what if you started eating with your ass instead of your mouth? fair question it's about as likely to happen as blizzard removing addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Don't know why this is being asked...
    I was curious. It's always interesting getting a variety of opinions on a subject. :-)

Addons aren't going anywhere and even though I don't use any I wouldn't want them to go. Blizz adds tons of UI features specifically from addons, things like the boss book where you can see a rundown of abilities as well as the loot can be directly attributed to Atlas Loot and DBM.

Anyhow, with the ban wave I was just curious as it seems like every one I talk to who plays WoW runs at least 3 or 4 more addons than I do, normally an AH addon and a UI addon. As for me, I'm fine with running just DBM and recount, DBM because it makes raiding a bit nicer for me and recount because I like to see where I stand in DPS rankings and how much a change in rotation or gear improves/degrades me.

As for SW:ToR. They lost me a few months after launch on combat. It wasn't all that engaging, just way too slow a pace, I think if they had a more active system similar to Neverwinter I'd still be more interested. The next area they lost me was when they went F2P, I only had access to two of my characters and I had to change both of their names due to the server merges. The good - if slightly predictable - individual storylines weren't enough to keep my interest engaged over the lackluster gameplay.

add-ons are one of the reasons i play this game, default UI can suck a bowl of dicks imo

I love messing with my UI and being forced to go basic mode would mean the end of WoW for me.
    They gave us this brilliant option to customize and by taking this away it would remove a large part of what is keeping me playing.
    Yes you can play the game without it but I don't want to do that, simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be a little while until I got completely used to everything. I'll definitely miss my custom bars and diablo orbs.

its never going to happen.

Deleted
    The only addons i use is dbm,atlasloot and MogIt. I using MogIt a lot so i would miss it, wouldn't quit over such little thing. I think raiding would be much harder without addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would enjoy a time when we don't use skada/recount. anything that measures player "skill" by a statistic ruins the game. you should KNOW who's good and who isn't rather than measuring to the hundredths of a decimal. "LFM flex 2 540+ ilvl" i have characters that are 510 that do more dps/hps than people who just gear up to out gear their incompetence.

Happy mainly because i know that to many can't do even normal mode without the help of an addon.

I can't count the amount of idiots I came across in game arguing how add-ons are somehow bad. Which was hilarious when you look into their characters and lack of raid experience they were guaranteed to have. It's just insane how many people will start an argument over little crap like this with no idea what so ever about what they are arguing against, usually because they are to slow to pick up on any of it or the comp they use barely run the basics on minimum to begin with.

I'd wonder why they lost their fucking minds.

I don't care about encounter timers and stuff, and I'm sure they'd add support for better and more flexible debuff/buff tracking if they did such a thing, but that's not the point; the UI is what I always see when I play the game, no matter what I'm looking at elsewise. The ability to customize it to look just how I want is a huge deal to me.

I suppose I'd be pretty damn sore about losing the incredible flexibility that Skada allows in examining combat data in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only real thing I use is skada and dbm plus cooldowns.

Then I have some quality of life addons like

Postal
    altoholic
    npcscan + overlay
    Archy + minimal archaeology
    auctioner
    Rarity
    Prat
    Tidy plates
    silverdragon

If they updated the wowui to include some of my quality of life addons i would not even care.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup