Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Removing Addon Support would be one of the most stupid decisions they could ever make. Similar to saying "We're not going to have any arena ladder this expansion. You can still do arena and do everything you used to be able to, except it sucks now"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Befor, or after I cried? Can't stand the standard bar UI, aslong as I get ATLEAST a bartender-like bar UI, i'll learn to deal with no add-ons - though it would take some time getting used to no Banon, MSBT or Fonter, for me atleast
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    the game would be better
    I agree.

But in reality since I don't play anymore, I would simply laugh at the fact that Blizzard these days has absolutely no idea how to cater to their fans without being seen as a bunch of a$$holes.

What they should do, is get rid of them 2 months after WoD comes out, for extra effectiveness.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Deleted
    Would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    I agree.

But in reality since I don't play anymore, I would simply laugh at the fact that Blizzard these days has absolutely no idea how to cater to their fans without being seen as a bunch of a$$holes.

What they should do, is get rid of them 2 months after WoD comes out, for extra effectiveness.
    How would it make the game better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. They would finally stop using 3rd-party volunteers to compensate for their ancient and horrible UI.

I've felt for a long time that Blizzard puts off improving WoW's UI because it can use 3rd-party developers as a crutch. The people who care will go seek out AddOns and put up with the patch day update scramble and various glitches and errors (as Blizzard keeps changing API stuff and merrily breaking more AddOns). The people who are too oblivious to know the difference won't complain. Win/win from a resource-investment standpoint.

I know Blizzard has made efforts to fix their UI in the past, usually by copycatting a successful AddOn that sat down for 5 minutes and said "Wow, this UI sucks." So I do acknowledge they've made some improvements. But I think the pace of those improvements would have been a lot better, and a lot more robust, if they didn't have other people doing their work for them in this area.
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2014-01-22 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    No more DBM, no more custom interface, no more recount or SKADA.
    The combatlog is an ingame feature - therefor world of logs or the likes still be there which can serve fine as an substitute to recount or skada.

But i would cry my pants off, i love my addons man :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    How would it make the game better?
    Because of the misconception that addons make people elitist idiots.

In reality, without addons you'd see a drastic increase in the skill gap between players and the community would be worse for it.

actually i would like it if:
    a: blizzard greatly improved their spell alerts
    b: gave us something like recount / skada, to track afk players (and to an extent bad players, not to be kicked, but at least to let us know that this one person doesn't know what he's doing very well, I must help him)
    c: buffed / nerfed everything accordingly (like boss mechanics which req DBM)

The only "helpful" addon I use is dbm, and after a few kills I barely even look at it. I'd have to get used to life without it, but I don't see it being a massive problem.

I'd be more upset about using my cosmetic bar addons and things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
    Welcome to SWTOR =\
    Well, addons are actually one of main reasons I left SWTOR and got back to WoW.
    When I dps, dps meter is key element how I measure my performance. In Swtor, I dont really know how good or bad I am, do I suck or Im really great. So, cant really strive for better performance, since I dont know what better is.
    Also, playing a DoT class is hard due to more reliance on timers.
    As healer, clicking on raid frame name then heal keybind is unnesesary, needeing 2 actions instead of 1. Lowers raid awareness and mobility.
    Not to mention AH addons, item tracker addons etc.

Overall, I think that Wow owes a lot of its popularity to addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR is fine without AddOns. The game isn't balanced around the demented precision AddOns allow WoW to be. In fact, it's quite pleasant to play games where you don't need to update an entire directory manually every patch cycle just to feel like you're playing the game correctly. Further, SWTOR has a much better default UI editor than WoW gives you.

If DPS and tracking bother you, SWTOR actually even has 3rd-party programs that will parse your combat logging in realtime and yell at you to refresh stuff as well as tell you your numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    No more DBM, no more custom interface, no more recount or SKADA.
    Don't use Recount/Skada, can live without DBM. The rest however, compared to a lot of custom UI's the default UI is just plain awful.
    I'd really miss things like ElvUI, Postal, NPCscan, Altoholic, Atlasloot, AutoConfirmRoll, DoubleWideTradeSkills and Geist. Ackis Recipe List and Collectinator are also nice tools.
    If Blizzard decided to remove addon support, they should include at least most of these things, that are now provided by addons, into the game to avoid reintroducing a lot of minor annoyances that have no reason to exist.

it whould suck without dmg meters. not knowing how good a person preforms whould make recruiting ppl rly hard for hardcoreguilds.

default UI is the best UI

i would miss healing breakdown and being able to call out leechers/afk'rs but overall would like it as long as the base ui becomes more adjustable.

The only addon I use is SellJunk. I've played strictly default with no PvP or PvE addons since the first time I ever logged in. The closest I ever came to using an addon was having a guild mate set his addon to send me a tell for a certain AQ40 boss ability.

Add-ons aren't that important in WoW because they copied a lot of things over into the standard UI. Most things are just quality of life improvements. Every time a new expansion is released a lot of add-ons don't work anymore and I play with standard UI and you can do it and over time I will reinstall the add-ons just to have something to do or make things easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be sad, because MRP/FlagRSP/TRP2 are important mods on RP servers. GHI less so but still widespread in use.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!