Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I use enough quality of life addons (postal, auctionator, mapster, atlasloot, bartender, etc) that going cold turkey would make me not want to play. And even if I did come back, no way I would go back to macro healing, eff that noise.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    No more DBM, no more custom interface, no more recount or SKADA.

Nothing.

Only thing replaced being the ability to customize your interface a bit but still within the confines of WoW's default.

Would you continue to play?

Could you continue to play?
    Only if they revamped the style of the current ui to something significantly more visually pleasing, like the blizzard store's new look.

10+ Year Old Account
    i need my auras D:
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Only thing that they would need to support that they don't already is moving/shaping my action bars and moving my buffs/debuffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    i would still play. i dont use many addons. i would miss postal and shadow unit frames the most
    yeah... i would miss mailbox addons as well, dbm exists in game somewhat already, and you can have your battle log saved automatically so parse sites would be the new dps meter.

ehh...i'd still miss recount a bit, though everyone having to check prices manually without an auctioneer addon would be lovely.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

I would probably stop trying to make gold from ah. Too much of a hazzle to search for every item. Otherwise I would be fine. I guess raiding would be harder thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd quit WoW. I honestly "need" addons for many of the things I do on there, especially PvE & Auctions.
    I could PvP alright, but it would be a pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    the game would be better
    It is easy to forget just how much of the default UI has been influenced by addons.
    Threat on nameplates, bag searching, two action bars on the right-hand side, spell alerts, raid-warning text for certain abilities, improved raid frames, equipment manager.
    And that is only a portion of what the current game offers, with more coming in WoD.
    For example prioritising of bags for certain types of loot, based off addons which create virtual bags. That is one that springs to mind immediately.

It there hadn't been addons, then the game would be significantly different.
    We can't say whether it would have been good or bad different.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be, conflicted.
    At this point, it seems that raiding often is more about how well you can set up your addons, versus actual skill.

Someone once accused me of playing the game without actually looking at the screen. They weren't wrong! I actually look at my addons for 80% of my raiding info. I rarely actually need to see what other players are actually doing.

On the other hand though, I would sorely miss "Open All" via Postal or being able to buy 30 mats on the AH with Auctionator versus, click, buy, click, buy, click, buy, click, buy, click, buy, click, bu... you get the idea.

Would be a nuisance and my DPS would definitely drop but yeah. I use a pretty slim UI addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I would stop playing. I don't use a lot of add ons, but I cannot stand the default blizzard unit frames. They're fucking hideous and don't give you nearly enough information.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    I'm pretty sure if they removed DBM, they'd have to dumb down encounters for all but the most elite of guilds.

My gameplay would likely suffer a bit, as I use a few add-ons for things like trinket cooldowns, etc., but overall I would get over it fairly quickly.
    They wouldn't have to dumb down the encounters.

They'd just have to provide the essential information that DBM is providing instead.

As long as cosmetic mods are still readily available. (Shadowed UF, Bartender, Grid, MSBT) Only other things I use are CD/Interrupt announcers for the sake of just announcing them in raid... I use DBM like 90% of people, but I still don't rely on it. If there's a debuff on the other tank, I still focus him and make sure to monitor his debuff myself. It's a lot easier nowadays without DBM because Blizzard announces every big mechanics, so I would fare very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    They wouldn't have to dumb down the encounters.

They'd just have to provide the essential information that DBM is providing instead.
    They already did that. The only thing DBM is actually useful for is timers (well, the /range function can be useful in 25s), and you don't /need/ those.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

10+ Year Old Account
    i say no i have a custom ui so no
    i was hard work to make what it is now . it really makes my game session much easier i dont use dbm o any of those addons just change the default ui cause i find it lame and boring and the distribution of the frames just sucks .

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    They already did that. The only thing DBM is actually useful for is timers (well, the /range function can be useful in 25s), and you don't /need/ those.
    There are some encounters like Sha of Pride where people are greately/hugely disadvantaged without DBM.

This may have been mentioned because i didn't read all the posts, but inst TESO the WoW killer supposed to have a limited UI just like older Elder Scrolls games. That will be fun, not.Personally i think there's just some addons you have to have, or at least someone has to have, to make sure everyone is performing the way their supposed to. I been playing for a while so I've done the game without all the addons but they just make life a helluva lot easier. Raiding is a little bit more complex now too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never played with addons anyway.

I wouldn't react one way or another. I haven't really played with addons in quite some time. They're becoming increasingly unnecessary (some are just fucking lazy, and some Blizz developers are putting into the game themselves).

It would really, really suck if they removed add-on support, there's so many good ones to use.