Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    13/14 HC, have never used DBM.

It's a waste, DBM is the answer to lack of awareness and laziness.
    But let me guess. Your raid leader does. You might not have it but when you raid you have it from the raid leaders calls. No matter how good you are you are putting yourself at a loss. Raid awareness is one thing but being able to push out seconds of dps here and there because you can see the exact timers makes a huge difference.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2014-01-23 at 05:07 AM.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    I'd like it, would definately bring some skill back to WoW. It's like motor racing, where the cars are faster than ever, but the drivers are actually worse, they just don't have to drive so much themselves anymore.

I'd be sad, because some of us use addons for Roleplay profiles or transmog, not just for boss fights or damage. Hell, I even refuse to have a damage meter (although I've been told I am, by no means, a bad player.). I do have DBM, but I definitely don't need it. I think I could continue to play, but I'd definitely be very disappointed not having my in-game RP profile or UI replacement.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

WoW would only get better if all those who can't play without addons would just quit and Blizzard would redesign all encounters for no addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    WoW would only get better if all those who can't play without addons would just quit and Blizzard would redesign all encounters for no addons.
    And encounters will become as boring as they were in vanilla. DBM lets them create more complicated encounters.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    And encounters will become as boring as they were in vanilla. DBM lets them create more complicated encounters.
    More complicated does not equal better. And there was nothing boring with vanilla bosses.

I think I'd like it. I started using addons under protest honestly; and most of the ones I do use feel like cheating more than playing the game honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Is usually a casttime on all the things. Would have to react faster to it though, since you would have to react to the cast timer alone. You get used to it rather fast.
    One i know don't use dbm, but instead uses a real life timer. It's kinda hilarious. He knows how many seconds there is between the different abilities and remembers it, after timing it. He put some pride in not using dbm at all. We had to get him to use it when he ran with us once, because he had one second to react, and he failed that sometimes, causing us all to wipe :P
    No a lot of them are instant casts. I find it extremely useful to know "the thing you have to spread on is coming up in 5 seconds, and the thing you need to watch out for is 2 seconds after that" etc. To the point that I don't know how I'd be able to do some serious HM fights without them, at least not efficiently and without having an enormous amount of trial and error.

That guy sounds preposterous to me. Some people really take the addon hate too far, addons are fine if you use them intelligently.

- - - Updated - - -

More complicated does not equal better. And there was nothing boring with vanilla bosses.
    At the time I'm sure they were amazing. But if Blizzard released an upscaled Molten Core with all those one-mechanic-wonder bosses, they'd be a laughingstock and verily would the QQ rain down upon them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No a lot of them are instant casts. I find it extremely useful to know "the thing you have to spread on is coming up in 5 seconds, and the thing you need to watch out for is 2 seconds after that" etc. To the point that I don't know how I'd be able to do some serious HM fights without them, at least not efficiently and without having an enormous amount of trial and error.

That guy sounds preposterous to me. Some people really take the addon hate too far, addons are fine if you use them intelligently.
    Despite the advantage DBM offers for the individual I think one of the biggest things that DBM helps with is how good a raid leader has to be and I feel like it would hurt PuGs the most in both players stepping up to lead PuGs and reducing such high levels of burden on one individual that also has to perform. Even if fights are made easier and more manageable without the assistance of a mod there is still that reliance on a raid leader. Than again DBM kind of replaces the raid leader roll.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-23 at 05:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be the end of the world for me. I didn't really get into custom UI and what not until recently. I have almost no mods when I PvP, and I only consider a few "must-haves" when raiding.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit of relearning things and being crippled for not having everything visually organized as I like but probably would continue.
    If they'd do this I think a lot more 'base' options would be added to keep the game 'updated'.

DBM I can live without tbh. But if they get rid of my ElvUi interface that I spend time tweaking up, Ima have to kick a baby panda.

There is no reason why we cant change the aesthetics of our interface. It's one of the reasons I prefer WoW over other MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Molten Core sure was the pinnacle of raid design.

I'd be sad if weakauras went away.

I like weakauras, and I've put in MANY hours into making all the auras I use.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should've removed the ability to click spells early on. Overall game would be better and more competitive.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Probably quit as I get serious eye cancer from the standard ui and I feel a game where I can't assess how I am performing and learn and improve myself isn't worth playing long term.

What would happen is the curtains would fall. The amount of built in customization through the WoW UI is minimal; they rely heavily on the community to dress up the UI elements.

When people attacked other games for UI; it was because people were accustomed to their addons in WoW. Now, most games standard UI is to some extent competitive to WoW's UI addons; which means the default UIs of other MMOs blow WoW's default UI out of the water.

Addons aren't just about UI enhancements though, but I focus on that because it is what most people see and use to 'personalize' their game. Positioning, size, color, alpha, rows, etc. From Elv/TukUI, Shadow Unit Frames, etc ... to bag addons like onebag/bagnon, (ElvUI), etc, junk sellers, and tons of other convenience ones. Then you can get into the really in depth ones that do a lot of really neat things or things people depend on like Carbonite, DBM, etc; or meters (whose purpose is best used for self-evaluation, not epeen and kicking noobs from LFR).

There are people who use little to no addons, and there are ones that have 100+. For people who use them, it would be detrimental to the game feel. It would ruin both the experience and the personalization. WoW depends on these addons to polish the game for them in the superficial sense. They provide the gameplay and the structure to create addons, and leave a lot to be desired from the default UI. That being said, it has made steps in improvement, but no where near as powerful or customizable as addons, or even their competition. Raid frames themselves have improved tremendously over the years; it is now quite decent and with macros, pretty good. No where near the customization or usability as say Grid2/Vuhdo ... but much better than years ago.

I only play the game once in a great while. I currently subbed to give it another shot, my wife was being bugged to do some PvP and we are fooling around trying to get caught up with Timeless gear and fooling around in old raids for mounts and xmog. We both immediately looked for all our addons we prefer. Personalization ... specifically for me, scale and positioning of everything on the screen. Been quite spoiled by other games, scaling down and clearing the center of the screen as much as possible, then having the minimap and chat in alternate locations. I use Carbonite for its minimap, being able to scroll in and out infinitely is a major plus to me, and it has other features I quite like as well. ElvUI customization and combination of other things I'd normally use, and its palette looks right to me, data text bars for easily gathering any info I may want at a glance. Auction addons that give me options or usability that isn't in the default UI.

If I couldn't use any addons again? Not sure I'd bother playing after I finished this round of sub time, but I'd give it a try (might start a new toon and level like that for the hell of it). I like the other MMOs out there. I play them all. I don't need to play WoW and if I couldn't get into the way it 'feels' without out addons, then their loss, not mine. I'll (continue) to play which ever one I find fun and allows me to set it up closest to how I like.

The only addons I use are Recount, Omen, Postal and Auctionator, but if they ban addons that would be very bad for the game, because quite a lot of the UI ideas come from addons, not from Blizzard.

Heck, Blizzard can't even fix their raid frames to work reliably (when someone drops or joins a BG or a raid, during combat, your frames have a very high chance of getting screwed up in that you can no longer reach some of the players by clicking on their frame - the click does nothing, the target doesn't change, the mouseover doesn't work either, etc). This has been going on for YEARS.

So, no. Please keep the addons.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-23 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Despite the advantage DBM offers for the individual I think one of the biggest things that DBM helps with is how good a raid leader has to be and I feel like it would hurt PuGs the most in both players stepping up to lead PuGs and reducing such high levels of burden on one individual that also has to perform. Even if fights are made easier and more manageable without the assistance of a mod there is still that reliance on a raid leader. Than again DBM kind of replaces the raid leader roll.
    Well it far from replaces it but I do agree it's an invaluable tool to the RL whose job is complex enough as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind as long as they don't touch my Bartender.

Other addons I use:
    Combopoints Redux
    Atlasloot
    Recount
    GladiatorLSSO (or whatever it's called)
    Bagnon

Take those away, I can play without them if it's needed.
    But, as someone said, one reason why people love WoW is because how much you can customize your game.
    So removing add-on compability would be utterly st00pid
    Last edited by mmoc10bda09cc4; 2014-01-23 at 07:15 AM.