Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd be fine, the only one I really use/like is whatever one that showed little numbers on the buttons telling you how long till the CD is up. I'd probably miss tomtom (so nice to be able to punch in coordinates) also. Otherwise I gave up using crap like DBM for raiding long ago and was still pulling decent numbers with my old semi-casual guild. But yeah, I'm not a huge addon guy, I can appreciate how cool some people can make their UIs and such, but for my ability to play, it just doesn't matter.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use a few addons (when I play) ElvUI for one cause 2 years ago I played on a very low end computer so I needed something compact and took very little memory. Granted I not longer have that issue now but I really love the ElvUI interface and the minimal design of it. I dislike the Default UI with a passion and half the time don't see how people work with it when I look at mine and see now nice and compact it really can get leaving tons of free open space. Trinket cooldowns would be another thing it's a pain in the ass to track them half the time WITHOUT an addon. More so when you are trying (or hoping) that you can line up procs together to get massive burst damage.

I don't ever see it happening but if it ever did No thanks unless they redid the entire defualt ui and made it so we can do everything elv can I would stop playing for good without question.

I'd be pretty miffed. I only use Dominos, DBM and Recount as far as addons I care about are concerned, but my bars are intricate enough that I'd be upset by that and DBM is invaluable for timers and the like. coordinating modern mechanics with no timer display would be a nightmare. I don't know if I'd quit or not (mainly because the game would likely morph around the absence of addons and be a different beast entirely) but I'm at least pretty confident that Blizzard wouldn't even consider dropping addon support unless they were confident that all desirable addon features (UI or otherwise) were available by default.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2014-01-25 at 02:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    You seem to be confusing math and brain work with people skills and don't acknowledge that everyone playing the game at that point were simply a different flavor of bad. It takes a while for people to get attached enough to a game to really want to become mechanically good at it.

Being a leader for a high end guild was very similar to leading a military platoon, except in wow most of the people were ignorant children. It took immense effort to get 40-50 players to work together regularly and understand the collective goal which meant that the encounters themselves couldn't be very complex because you basically deserved to kill the boss if you could get everyone into the instance on time.

Literally every single encounter in the game was tuned for about 20 decent players which meant that just staying alive was infinitely more important and productive than taking risks for personal gain.

Damage meters, boss mods and world of logs all share the same foundation, they process combat log data. If you couldn't record your combat log, none of them would be possible. Downsizing raids meant that that individual players were much more visible and you could pinpoint and correct problems your raid was having much more easily.

As this forum has proven, this game has a metric shit ton of socially awkward players who refuse to deal with people which makes the current approach much more tolerable for the individual. Realizing that you've improved mechanically is a very important thing if you want players to stick around, and taking away the tools you analyze your performance makes that impossible.

Winning as a group just doesn't cut it anymore.
    So is that a "no", to my direct question about you raiding at high end in vanilla? You don't seem to have any clue what it was like to be ahead of the curve in vanilla, but if at most you were raiding with ignorant children, who can blame you. And you still seem to have hard time explaining how exactly is combat addons needed to parse logs after the fight and to make a strategy for a boss. Seriously though, why do you think only few thousand out of a few millions killed KT, if it was just about getting everyone to instance on time? Or do you even ask these questions to yourself when you come up with this stuff?

It's all good being proud about what you are doing now in-game and motivating to think that right now is the pinnacle of raiding, but like you said yourself, when you talk about something you clearly don't know anything about, it's just white noise.

Quote Originally Posted by vqkatsuko View Post
    everyone would go play Wildstar.
    Everyone's already going to play wildstar.

For me, it depends on how much customization they would add to the default UI. Left the way it is now, I would probably just stop playing.

Either way, it would have a huge impact on raiding. They would have to simplify the boss fights to make up for the lack of DBM, and it would be really difficult to put together any kind of serious raid team without being to see DPS/heal numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd quit (raiding, maybe not the game). No accountability makes any difficult content HELL. I've played games without them. It simply doesn't work for the kind of content WoW is known for.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Default UI is shit. One of the smartest moves Blizzard did was addon support, so devoted fans can fix their sloppy mistakes.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Everyone's already going to play wildstar.
    For 2 weeks. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    So is that a "no", to my direct question about you raiding at high end in vanilla? You don't seem to have any clue what it was like to be ahead of the curve in vanilla, but if at most you were raiding with ignorant children, who can blame you. And you still seem to have hard time explaining how exactly is combat addons needed to parse logs after the fight and to make a strategy for a boss. Seriously though, why do you think only few thousand out of a few millions killed KT, if it was just about getting everyone to instance on time? Or do you even ask these questions to yourself when you come up with this stuff?

It's all good being proud about what you are doing now in-game and motivating to think that right now is the pinnacle of raiding, but like you said yourself, when you talk about something you clearly don't know anything about, it's just white noise.
    As it so happens I don't have a photo of myself giving a thumbs up while holding the days newspaper while doing Loatheb in the background. The best I could give you is a screenshot of my subscription fee but that doesn't say a whole lot. Since there is no evidence outside of knowing me personally I would much rather have a conversation about stuff you can prove, like the facts I took up in my last post.

This is your third post telling me I'm full of shit and that the game wasn't much more about managing people than playing the game well, yet you haven't provided a single explained counter argument why.

I'm starting to get a feeling that you are one of those people who jumps paragraphs on the off chance that someone might actually have something constructive to say that might invalidate your precious opinion, but I'm giving you the benefit of a doubt and repeating the second half of my last post.

Recording combat log parses, recount and boss mods are all interlinked, they work on the same principles. They NEED to be able to record and read your combat log to function. You cannot block one without killing the others too.

The reason why so few got far enough to finish the game was simply bad luck and connections. Because most of your items had to be from the previous tier to even stay alive in a new instance meant that there was constant funneling of players going on. It took very long for a guild to collect enough gear from noth and the spider wing to reasonably start progressing through the instance which meant that the impatient ones that were desperate for more progression would get in touch with higher up guilds every time they hit a new limit, and this would continue on until there only was one or two top dogs left - the ones on the server that actually managed to kill Kel'thuzad.

Please read this out loud: You NEEDED influential friends in the top guilds to be the one that gets picked, because they an endless stream of people wanting in. Remember, it was more important that you were able to stay alive until the end than having super high output which meant that your personality was more important than your ability to play.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2014-01-25 at 07:34 AM.

quit playing... their UI is horrible lol.

Why would this even happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    For 2 weeks. =)
    looks like we have a wow fanboi that thinks every mmo will die. I myself will be playing both Wildstar and WoD. WoD because I still enjoy raiding. And Wildstar for everything else including raiding XD.

Love WoW's hardcore raiding, however, the rest of the game is shit. Plain and simple.

Wildstar hits the nail on the head with their entire mmo, yes I have been playing beta, And from what I see from the first 2 dungeons, their raiding is going to be the best out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be upset to lose MRP, Mogit, and my recipe list addons. I doubt I'd quit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Every beta I've been in since TBC has helped me cut back on the amount of addons I use anyway, so the addons I currently use are mainly for UI changes, I would miss my classtimer and DBM, but I would still play, I'd just have to be a lot more aware when doing certain things But as with everything i'd get used to it!

Might be nice to have no recount/skada spam almost everywhere you go

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Don't know why this is being asked, but anyways:

It would have very little effect on me personally as I use very few addons.

So much balancing would have to be reworked though with no addons. From class rotations (especially healers) to boss encounters designed DBM so much would have to be redone.

Not to mention this would greatly widen the skill gap.
    Why would it have to be reworked? I've played priest and shaman before I went super casual in Pandaria and I never had a single addon except a custom ui. I never used DBM, I only listened to raid leaders who always announced what was incoming and when you know tacs by heart you don't need anything flashin on your screen.

I also never had anything similar to clique or anything, just regular healing by selecting a player and healing him as fast as possible.

Addons are a choice and as usual when you give people choice they just overload everything. I like to keep my eyes on the screen adn what's happening, not following 5 different addons that tell me what is available and what's not. I have my sight for it and I use it all the time.

I would only love to see Blizz remove custom addons so I could see the floods of tears by everyone who can't even run the game without having 20+ addons running. But other than that I like that Blizz lets people play like they want to so it's very nice we can basicaly change anything we like.

i would go back to DPS. no way in hell im healing with out support.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd likely quit wow for good

Please guys don't just blow it off as I suck, because I don't. I have played WoW for many years and have never once been removed from a guild, group or any content due to underperformance.

Having said that, I would love it if friggin recount and skada and all such stuff was forever removed. Sure there are benefits, but imo, the absolute assholery produced by these addons is of biblical proportions.

So many people are just soooooo obsessed with these damn meters. One reason why playing DPS sucks is it seems to be more about beating other members of your raid on the meters than it is about beating the actual boss. Oh and as a healer, they are DOUBLY annoying since it seems 99.99999999% of the playerbase does not know how to interpret healing numbers. HPS does not equal DPS.... it it much more complicated than that just annoying as hell. I hate the damn things.

Make meters personal and unlinkable. I know that's not a popular thing to say and it will get flamed, but yeah...

Deleted
    Add-ons are both good and bad in various ways imo. Also some addons are "must" addons meanwhile others are "ok" to have, but not necessary. It ofc all comes down to a personal perspective. But I remember the days where we didnt have damage meters with 40 people. It was at that time good that no one would get the blame for bad DPS, but also bad, that people couldn't see and improve themselfs if they really were bad.