Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Since we're on the topic of Heirlooms from Garrosh, these can't be coined can they? They always seem to drop as a on kill loot, before any coins are rolled.

I know another Hunter who has had three Heirloom Bow's drop and one other class item.

RNG can suck.

So far, I've had my spec one in the same time frame, and nothing else -_-

Coin's don't work, afaik.

Garrosh's BoA setup will not give you one on the first kill, but you will always get one initially for your currently set specialization. For instance, a Retribution Paladin would receive the two-handed axe.

However, after that axe has been obtained, if you kill him consistently with the Protection specialization on then you'll receive a Protection item first before it distributes a random piece to you (so the shield or sword first). If you kill him set as Retribution again, you'll roll random instead.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't coin the Heirlooms. They are just given out like LFR/Flex loot.

Also, gotten 3 Heirlooms so far. 2 2-hand axes and a bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    You can't coin the Heirlooms. They are just given out like LFR/Flex loot.

Also, gotten 3 Heirlooms so far. 2 2-hand axes and a bow.
    You sure about that ? I thought I'd read people saying they've coined them
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see. Got the 2 reg pig stickers 2 flex pig stickers 2 war bows 1 flex war bow. 1 1h str sword. Give me some caster stuff!
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Iam a mage and gotten the int staff, and yesterday the tanking shielf in flex garrosh. Nothing from normal yet tho, so iam curious if it will be random for each difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Velinedrel View Post
    And WW uses 2h Agility weapons, what's the problem?

Problem would be that onehanders are far better for WW unless your onehanders are alot lower than a 2H upgrade
    And? WW still uses 2h so it's not a problem that the developers care about. Considering you're not likely to use the heirloom weapon for long in SoO I'd be happier to get the 2h rather than a 1h since it makes leveling much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Yisile View Post
    Since we're on the topic of Heirlooms from Garrosh, these can't be coined can they? They always seem to drop as a on kill loot, before any coins are rolled.
    They can be coined.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderworldSoup View Post
    Garrosh's BoA setup will not give you one on the first kill, but you will always get one initially for your currently set specialization. For instance, a Retribution Paladin would receive the two-handed axe.
    My guild got a handful on our first Garrosh normal kill so I don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharped View Post
    Iam a mage and gotten the int staff, and yesterday the tanking shielf in flex garrosh. Nothing from normal yet tho, so iam curious if it will be random for each difficulty?
    You will be guaranteed either the 2h staff offhand as a mage the first time it drops for you from Normal and Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    My guild got a handful on our first Garrosh normal kill so I don't know what you're talking about.
    We got none till our 2nd or 3rd kill.. Third I think :/
    So far I sit with only 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

I was under the impression it's first time per difficulty, I got the normal spirit mace a while ago, and tuesday I got the heroic caster staff on my mistweaver monk. Obviously I can use the staff as a healer, but I'd be very surprised if it was flagged for healing specialization because I got 2 BOAs on other toons and it's always been the spirit mace.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    First kill in each difficulty will award a heirloom of your chosen loot specialization. After that it's entirely random (on the same difficulty). For instance our Blood DK got the 1 handed sword twice in a row on heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Fine; will not always give you one on the first kill. It's always possible but the percentage is low.

We didn't get any BoA items until our fourth or fifth kill.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderworldSoup View Post
    Fine; will not always give you one on the first kill. It's always possible but the percentage is low.

We didn't get any BoA items until our fourth or fifth kill.
    you just had bad luck, the percentage is the same regardless when you kill him.

blood dk from my guild got 2 1h swords in a row, think the first weapon is something you can use, not sure how a blood dk would use a 1h weapon but either way.

also i think this first drop is something you can use counts seperate for both normal and flex. on my hunter i have gotten the bow on normal as well as the bow from flex, both being first and only heirloom i have gotten from each difficulty so far

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    you just had bad luck, the percentage is the same regardless when you kill him.
    Pretty much. Had a similar thing happen with the Sha of Pride pet; one week out of the blue 5 people got the Droplet which accounts for about half of our main raid's total Sha pet drops.

-Got n int staff on my lock, on ~3rd normal kill.
    -Got h int staff on my lock, on ~7th heroic kill.
    -Haven't seen any coined, although people swear you can.

Now to get my monk his 2h staff!

Killed Garrosh 11 times spread out over Heroic / Normal / Flex, haven't gotten a single BoA yet . (25 and 10 man on heroic too...).

Bad luck ftw!
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velor View Post
    I want to apologize in advance because my English skills aren't that great.

So I managed to snag my first heirloom off of Garrosh a week or so ago. The trouble is, I was in Frost specialization instead of Unholy, which gave me a one handed weapon when I was hoping for a two handed one. I've heard that every heirloom received after the first one is a random item, and not based on your class/spec and I realized I might not see the two handed one in time for WoD. I opened a ticket where a GM told me that he couldn't help me, but that the heirlooms always drop for your class/spec. Which is right here? Can anyone with multiple heirloom drops actually confirm if it's a random item or if it sticks to your class spec?
    You will need to kill Garrosh on either flex or heroic (and to be lucky to get a BoA) in order to get another heirloom for your loot spec exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    ...or you could be like me and not received any damn heirloom yet. Screw Blizzard and their archaic loot system.
    I feel your pain =(

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    First kill in each difficulty will award a heirloom of your chosen loot specialization. After that it's entirely random (on the same difficulty). For instance our Blood DK got the 1 handed sword twice in a row on heroic.
    No it doesn't.

You are NOT guaranteed a Heirloom on your first kill, you are guaranteed a spec appropriate heirloom on your first heirloom drop.

First kill has zero to do with anything, it's still a random drop chance.

It took six kills for me to get the Heirloom bow, thus now, if I get a heirloom, it will be random, including another bow.