Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Yup, not really worried about N/H looms for my collection- nice to have, and I'll get as many kills as possible, but I'm focusing on flex.

Mostly because I've got a lot more alts I can run through Flex Garrosh easily in a given week as opposed to N or H, and there's a loot protection for your first loom. So even though my main has only gotten 1 loom in 19 Flex and 6 N kills, I've gotten almost all the ones I need across alts in Flex.

For the op; important to make a distinction. You get a class and spec appropriate heirloom the first time . That does not mean you neccisaily get the one you find useful. All the checks for is " can class use this?" and " does it match class primary stat?" Even if you were in unholy you still had just as much chance for 1 handed str sword as you did 2 handed str axe. There are ele shamans getting the spell book and enhance shammies getting the agi dagger, Prot wars getting 2 handed axe, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    ...or you could be like me and not received any damn heirloom yet. Screw Blizzard and their archaic loot system.
    You only need to kill Garrosh 10 times to have a 100% chance to got the BoA. It automatically drops on the 10th kill. On top of that, it's a 100% drop on your first kill in 6.0. It's not like these things are rare diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    You only need to kill Garrosh 10 times to have a 100% chance to got the BoA. It automatically drops on the 10th kill. On top of that, it's a 100% drop on your first kill in 6.0. It's not like these things are rare diamonds.
    Lol that logic is flawed. I have 2 IRL buddies in my alt 25h guild and they both have 14 kills without a BoA at all. It doesn't just keep adding to 100% drop chance. Rng is Rng chance at boa loot.

ya the droprate isnt additive... it has the same % to drop whether you kill it once, or 100 times.

as for myself, i have heroic caster staff, offhand, and 1H str sword, and normal 2H str axe, 3 caster staffs, and 1 flex healing mace.

10+ Year Old Account
    how likely do you suppose it would be to be able to buy a garrosh carry come 6.0, doesn't matter the difficulty? and any idea how much it might run? currently unsubbed so this is my only outlet for the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Lol that logic is flawed. I have 2 IRL buddies in my alt 25h guild and they both have 14 kills without a BoA at all. It doesn't just keep adding to 100% drop chance. Rng is Rng chance at boa loot.
    It's not logic. It literally has a 100% drop chance at 10 kills if it hasn't dropped before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    ya the droprate isnt additive... it has the same % to drop whether you kill it once, or 100 times.

as for myself, i have heroic caster staff, offhand, and 1H str sword, and normal 2H str axe, 3 caster staffs, and 1 flex healing mace.
    I understand how probability works, ty. This isn't probability.

Deleted
    It's not logic. It literally has a 100% drop chance at 10 kills if it hasn't dropped before.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand how probability works, ty. This isn't probability.
    But since there are a lot of people with 10 or more kills that hasn't recieved the heirloom, what you are saying isn't true

Just from what I've seen on streams in nagrand or when you are questing around level 98 you start to replace 4/4 HCWF SoO gear with questing blues. If they keep this in the beta going the first levels with your normal weapon and then swapping later to heirloom might be the best option. Blizzard also said that all heirlooms would have the same stats at level 100 so the hc one might turn out pretty useless unless you are using it at 90 for an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    But since there are a lot of people with 10 or more kills that hasn't recieved the heirloom, what you are saying isn't true
    Or they're lying/wrong? I can say I've killed Garrosh 60 times, that's still wrong. They're either exaggerating or adding their total kills across all difficulties.

Deleted
    Or they're lying/wrong? I can say I've killed Garrosh 60 times, that's still wrong. They're either exaggerating or adding their total kills across all difficulties.
    Do you have a source of the 10 kill guaranteed heirloom that you're suggesting?

Well I can tell you I got my H BoA staff on 2nd kill and a H 1h Axe on 7-9th(not sure) Im over 30 kills on my lock without another. Two irl friends have killed garrosh weekly with me on my alt prot pally and they have never gotten one in now 15 H kills. It isn't 100% the chance for one doesn't change per kill... if for some reason it does its sure not 100% at 10 kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Do you have a source of the 10 kill guaranteed heirloom that you're suggesting?
    He doesn't because its not true anyway.

I don't suppose you have a source for this. That isn't "some GM."

I think I got my first one (bow) from HC Garrosh on 12 kill or so. Then one more few kills after (dagger).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx
    I have 11 kills and 0 Heroic BoAs.

A guildmate has 18 kills and just got a staff.

Then we have someone in the guild who has 18 or 19 kills but has 4-5 Heroic BoAs.

It is not a stacking increase that increases the more you kill the boss without getting loot. Its chance. You have a chance on that kill, and that chance has a specific numerical value. You get more chances the more you kill the boss, but that numerical value does not increase. You only have more chances because you are "rolling the dice" again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I think you're right about it being per difficulty. I've gotten the normal one but no heroic one yet, so I believe that if that's still true when 6.0 hits then I'll get a heroic one my first kill. At least I could swear I remember reading that's how it would work somewhere.
    Each difficulty represents its own scale. So even if you already had a BoA drop in normal, the one that drops for you in Heroic will still be for your spec before becoming random. And yes, if 6.0 hits and you still haven't had one drop- you will have a 100% chance on your first kill after 6.0 to get the BoA for your spec.

Also I did raid testing with someone named Bury in your guild.

I'm at the high end for my guild. In 26 Heroic Kills I've got the 2H Axe, Dagger, Staff, Bow, and 1H Mace. I've also got another 2h Axe from my paladin that he got on his 2nd heroic kill.

I don't believe I have any normal heirlooms, though.

I know that someone in our guild just got their 2nd heirloom last week at kill 27 for them.
    Last edited by Vantro; 2014-07-27 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, they said numerous times the heirloom would be for whatever specialization your loot was set for. Not whatever you were playing. You must have misunderstood them.
    Also, you need to have your loot specialization (if it's different from current spec) set BEFORE Garrosh dies. For example: If you want a 2H Str axe, make sure you've set it to ret spec for loot, even if you're currently tanking/healing. Then switch loot specialization before bonus rolling fir something he normally drops.

Anecdotally, as I don't recall where I read this, weapons will drop over offhand for your first one. If there's multiple options for your spec (healers/Fury/Frost/Monks), you have a 50% chance of getting a 1H or 2H. Not sure about rogues, since daggers can be used as combat, but likely as well. Warriors/DK can force 2H by selecting Arms/Unholy or Blood, respectively. Monks, DW Frost, Fury warriors have to cross fingers on 1H.

...hrm, maybe I should get Flex Garrosh kills on my shaman for my monk....

IIRC, the stats on all 3 versions will converge at level 100, becoming closer together in strength as you level up.

Farming flex Garry on my alts has definitely smoothed out my intake.

My main has horrible luck (no N loom in 7 kills, only one Flex loom in 18 kills) but some of my alts have gotten 2 or 3 flex looms already.

It helps a bit with getting different weapons too, as you can "game" the system and use a loot spec with only 1 or two options (arms warrior for 2H Axe, Enh Shaman for 1H Axe) etc.