Performance issue with the game

Hey guys,

I played swtor at launch and remembered the long ass waiting times, stuttering when moutning/dismounting and opening up a new window. At that time I thought I just had a bad PC so yeah.

I am know running a 780 TI with an i5 4670k and 16g of ram. This should be more than enough to cap this game at max graphic without any issues. However, i am having the same issues..I googled a bit and apparently swtor has a terrible optimization thanks to HeroEngine that it runs on. My question is; is there any way to make this game run smoother for me?

Thanks

Maybe SWTOR Unleashed helps:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5128822

The basic idea is to create a RAM disk and put SWTOR's disk cache in there. In addition, the tool allows you put some more asset files into your RAM which should speed up things even more.

I only have created a manual RAM disk for the DiskCacheArena. Coupled with an SSD, it's way better than before. Though I still need to upgrade my CPU...

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There really is no reason your system shouldn't be able to max this game out. If you're having FPS issues then try reducing the shadows as that is usually the culprit. Yes, you should be able to max the shadows out but if it works it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellius View Post
    Hey guys,

I played swtor at launch and remembered the long ass waiting times, stuttering when moutning/dismounting and opening up a new window. At that time I thought I just had a bad PC so yeah.

I am know running a 780 TI with an i5 4670k and 16g of ram. This should be more than enough to cap this game at max graphic without any issues. However, i am having the same issues..I googled a bit and apparently swtor has a terrible optimization thanks to HeroEngine that it runs on. My question is; is there any way to make this game run smoother for me?

Thanks
    I guess with 780 Ti and 16gB of RAM your PC is running http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA0AJ12U3470
    No idea why you still get long ass waits. :S
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

i'm havin the same problens.