Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Thank god, this wouldn't happen.

Also if people KNEW it would happen they'd just buy shitloads of expensive mounts and resell them after launch.
    To whom? The only folks with any gold would be the ones that immediately set to farming gold. Whole economy starting from zero.

Think about what this also means:
    1) Gold Farmers now all have a zero balance.
    2) Less of a requirement for more "gold sinks" to pull money out of the economy, flight costs, BMAH costs, etc.
    3) Less of a barrier to people just starting the game.

Either way, it's a thought experiment and while I'm sure things have changed on the server I last played on weapon enchants ran anywhere from 5k to 10k, gems could run about 1k each depending on the type of course and most other enchants if I remember right were averaging around 200g.

Now I haven't played since just before ToT, but somehow I doubt things on Hyjal are any less inflated.

Honestly I would quit. It would make it pointless for me to play if everything I had was just going to vanish suddenly. (Yes I know it will happen one day when the game eventually shuts down but that kind of wipe in inevitable).

Quote Originally Posted by Hoka Inumuta View Post
    Honestly I would quit. It would make it pointless for me to play if everything I had was just going to vanish suddenly. (Yes I know it will happen one day when the game eventually shuts down but that kind of wipe in inevitable).
    I really love this and so many of the other answers too because it shows such a different mentality than what I have.

In other words, I don't and have never equated my balance of gold to winning.

Whereas this and others are really showing G as your high score and I find that really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I really love this and so many of the other answers too because it shows such a different mentality than what I have.

In other words, I don't and have never equated my balance of gold to winning.

Whereas this and others are really showing G as your high score and I find that really neat.
    And some of us enjoy the higher in-game quality of life of being able to buy what we want when we want.

Poorly.

/10 char.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

The Patient
    I'd lol, that's all. Gold is easy to make, sure, it would stuff my plan up of buying everything as soon as people put on ah during next xpac, but as said gold is easy to make.

It'd just make me less likely to come back to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Come to Detroit for the beer and crumbling architecture.

Stay in Detroit because someone stole your passport.

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    "Fun hypothetical"?

It would be the most stupid thing Blizzard would have ever done, and cause even more millions of people leave.

Hypothetically of course, cause it's fun.
    I would love to see the forums after a wipe happened. Oh boy..

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    (Just throwing out fun hypotheticals here, this one I like because frankly many people feel "priced out" of raiding. Gems and enchants costing an arm and a leg on many servers.)
    EDIT: wanted to respond to this comment. I am super super super casual at this point without tons of gold saved up and I have no trouble keeping up with gems and enchants, by buying them. You have to log on pretty much never and never do anything in game if you feel that you can't afford gems and enchants, the game is very generous with gold at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Come to Detroit for the beer and crumbling architecture.

Stay in Detroit because someone stole your passport.

They do this a little bit with each expansion anyway. While gold is still there, other currency becomes outdated as do old mats somewhat. I guess gold and justice/valor carry over right now, I'm not too sure.

Either way, it would make people cry if money was taken from them, but if it was replaced with a fancy new currency most of those weiners wouldn't care.
    blah, new sig... something something

It'd probably improve the fun I had at the start of a new expansion, but drastically decrease the fun /playtime I get at the end of an expansion. In the final months, all I tend to do is farm and prepare since I very much enjoy playing the AH and planning for an expac. Perhaps if they added some final gold sink item at the end of an expansion that could only exclusively be bought in the final weeks, it would cover the best of both worlds. You still have something to farm for at the end of the expansion, and you can still enjoy starting fresh at a new one.

I think it'd be unpopular though. I would personally enjoy making a lot of gold from scratch - I've done it on several servers and if I start on a new realm I don't really feel bad about leaving all my gold and mats behind. I'm confident I could make it back very quickly. A lot of people seem to struggle with making gold, and for them, this would be a really big deal though.
    Moderator of Professions & Garrisons | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: Warlords of Draenor | Diablo 3 | Hex TCG | Heroes of the Storm
    Steam

Then I could get rid of my bank character and free up a character slot! Seriously though, it wouldn't be well received at all.

No, just no.. Really? Would top over the economy of servers.. Auctions would be near empty, and prices would be either desperately high or low.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

Maybe come up with a lore reason
    I really want to hear a good lore reason for this.

3DS Friendcode: 0705 - 3279 - 0173
    Add me for Pokemon / Bravely Default
    Trainer Name: Bazlyn

Err...no. Thanks, I'll pass. I like my gold.

Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Want is it. Stupid question day on MMO champion?
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

the game is way to casual for a gold wipe

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Want is it. Stupid question day on MMO champion?
    I was thinking the same, i wish the new thread option was blocked until a specific post count or something, the forum has become a vast ocean of stupid threads.

Pit Lord
    sure, i'd just mail everything to my alt and back, keep it in mailbox till its safe ^^

Why this is fun? I mean, this is like someone deleting all your savegames.