Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Want is it.
    How ironic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    How ironic.
    Fucking Ipads. Never use one. They want to change all your words.
    Aye mate

Terrible Terrible Terrible idea.

You do realize some people play just to make gold right? And you want to take this game away from them?

I don't see any benefit from this, at all.

id be prittty pissed off if my 640k got wiped, seriously no

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Lower gold generation, implement a lot more gold sinks. Not forced gold sinks (5% AH fee, repair, reforge, transmog are really good as they are), but novelty items which are well designed. Both cheap and extremely expensive ones.
    Seriously this. WoW needs to introduce player-owned ships for epic sea adventures and ship combat. Piracy, trade routes, etc. Buying a ship and paying crew wages could be a big gold sink alone. Then add in ship upgrades like various ship models for speed vs armor, ship weapons, docking fees...

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Expansion day hits.

BAM!

Zero balance in your bank account. Maybe come up with a lore reason, maybe not, either way everyone has to rebuild their bankroll. Nothing allowed be on the AH within 48 hours of the wipe. All banks cleared of every stackable item, no food, no mats, no potions, maybe just a few "flavor" items saved by being flagged - Noggenfogger for example.

How would you react?

(Just throwing out fun hypotheticals here, this one I like because frankly many people feel "priced out" of raiding. Gems and enchants costing an arm and a leg on many servers.)
    You can level up Tailoring or Leatherworking for the price of half a dozen leg enchants, and from then onwards they are free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktillum View Post
    Seriously this. WoW needs to introduce player-owned ships for epic sea adventures and ship combat. Piracy, trade routes, etc. Buying a ship and paying crew wages could be a big gold sink alone. Then add in ship upgrades like various ship models for speed vs armor, ship weapons, docking fees...
    LOL, that's what I've been saying!

How about this, how would YOU feel if at the beginning of every month IRL your bank account is set to 0. You have to work and save and scratch and claw from NOTHING every month? Would that be a fun hypothetical for you to think and deal with?
    Mfw this is pointless.
    Nobody wants their gold reset.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want a gold reset in D3 when the auction house is removed from the game, but that's a whole different story.
    A gold reset in wow? The idea is not too bad at the start (that's why OP brought it up) but the longer you think about, the worse it gets. eventually it is one of the worst ideas people have had, if not THE worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Expansion day hits.

BAM!

Zero balance in your bank account. Maybe come up with a lore reason, maybe not, either way everyone has to rebuild their bankroll. Nothing allowed be on the AH within 48 hours of the wipe. All banks cleared of every stackable item, no food, no mats, no potions, maybe just a few "flavor" items saved by being flagged - Noggenfogger for example.

How would you react?

(Just throwing out fun hypotheticals here, this one I like because frankly many people feel "priced out" of raiding. Gems and enchants costing an arm and a leg on many servers.)
    Angry. Because things will be get more expensive at the end of an expansion for anything. If gold is wiped, people will shift gold into something that will transfer over to the next expansion. Gold itself will devalue so prices will shoot up. People late in the raiding will be priced out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Sorry but how does one enchant that costs 3k (Only if youre caring about how your raiding at that) and a few 10-100g ones cost a arm and a leg? considering you wont get upgrades every week, its not hard to make it back
    That's why. And for me, x11. I have 11 90's, but trying to cut back to my original three.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I really want to hear a good lore reason for this.
    Invasion of treasure goblins.

How else do you think they got all that gold into D3?

10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt care about mats as much as gold. mats you kinda get rid of anyway. but gold, even though its really easy to get now, is something that i connect to my character. the way i see it is ive been building up my gold little by little from the day i made my character. to have that wiped every new expansion would be a little off putting. not game breaking....just....a little strange

10+ Year Old Account

Deathwing stole my gold yo.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    During our many encounters with Wrathion during the expansion, he has corrupted our backpack with gold with black dragonflight magic.
    This was a last resort incase his plans went to shit (like they did). Wrathion now sits on a massive fortune, using this to his advantage to control the market, uniting the horde and alliance to fight he upcoming threat of the Burning Legion.

@topic: i would be pissed. I have never been much of a farmer and have slowly built my "fortune" to ~220k gold. Just taking that away would be unsub level.

Honestly, I would quit. No money for repairs, for consumables while questing (gotta restore that hp somehow), or even money for mailing. Money plays a important role. Mainly so you can repair and at least get food to restore your hp / mana. Add on top of it mats are now gone so I cannot even create new food items or even bandages? Gone. I don't farm in the least bit. I have only near 80k because of leveling my toons and selling off any herbs / ore / cloth / greens I ran across.

10+ Year Old Account
    All that is keeping my wife playing atm is to save gold for WoD. She has over 300K atm, and I am sitting around 40K myself. I don't want to give that up.

I would likely sign a petition, and try to sue Blizzard.

...I never even tough about that for Diablo3 so yea..

I spended alot off time getting the gold I have, especially also cause I'm not the best AH player when I still did it. Think I have like 300k atm.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I play the AH side of the game more than anything else tbh. This would be a deal breaker for me, it'd literally be removing the reason I play, or at least any ability to benefit long term from it, and in that case there's not much point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.