Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I would quit. It would make it pointless for me to play if everything I had was just going to vanish suddenly. (Yes I know it will happen one day when the game eventually shuts down but that kind of wipe in inevitable).

Quote Originally Posted by Hoka Inumuta View Post
    Honestly I would quit. It would make it pointless for me to play if everything I had was just going to vanish suddenly. (Yes I know it will happen one day when the game eventually shuts down but that kind of wipe in inevitable).
    I really love this and so many of the other answers too because it shows such a different mentality than what I have.

In other words, I don't and have never equated my balance of gold to winning.

Whereas this and others are really showing G as your high score and I find that really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I really love this and so many of the other answers too because it shows such a different mentality than what I have.

In other words, I don't and have never equated my balance of gold to winning.

Whereas this and others are really showing G as your high score and I find that really neat.
    And some of us enjoy the higher in-game quality of life of being able to buy what we want when we want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poorly.

/10 char.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd lol, that's all. Gold is easy to make, sure, it would stuff my plan up of buying everything as soon as people put on ah during next xpac, but as said gold is easy to make.

It'd just make me less likely to come back to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    "Fun hypothetical"?

It would be the most stupid thing Blizzard would have ever done, and cause even more millions of people leave.

Hypothetically of course, cause it's fun.
    I would love to see the forums after a wipe happened. Oh boy..

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    (Just throwing out fun hypotheticals here, this one I like because frankly many people feel "priced out" of raiding. Gems and enchants costing an arm and a leg on many servers.)
    EDIT: wanted to respond to this comment. I am super super super casual at this point without tons of gold saved up and I have no trouble keeping up with gems and enchants, by buying them. You have to log on pretty much never and never do anything in game if you feel that you can't afford gems and enchants, the game is very generous with gold at this point.

They do this a little bit with each expansion anyway. While gold is still there, other currency becomes outdated as do old mats somewhat. I guess gold and justice/valor carry over right now, I'm not too sure.

Either way, it would make people cry if money was taken from them, but if it was replaced with a fancy new currency most of those weiners wouldn't care.

Deleted
    It'd probably improve the fun I had at the start of a new expansion, but drastically decrease the fun /playtime I get at the end of an expansion. In the final months, all I tend to do is farm and prepare since I very much enjoy playing the AH and planning for an expac. Perhaps if they added some final gold sink item at the end of an expansion that could only exclusively be bought in the final weeks, it would cover the best of both worlds. You still have something to farm for at the end of the expansion, and you can still enjoy starting fresh at a new one.

I think it'd be unpopular though. I would personally enjoy making a lot of gold from scratch - I've done it on several servers and if I start on a new realm I don't really feel bad about leaving all my gold and mats behind. I'm confident I could make it back very quickly. A lot of people seem to struggle with making gold, and for them, this would be a really big deal though.

Then I could get rid of my bank character and free up a character slot! Seriously though, it wouldn't be well received at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, just no.. Really? Would top over the economy of servers.. Auctions would be near empty, and prices would be either desperately high or low.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Maybe come up with a lore reason
    I really want to hear a good lore reason for this.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Err...no. Thanks, I'll pass. I like my gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want is it. Stupid question day on MMO champion?
    Aye mate

the game is way to casual for a gold wipe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Want is it. Stupid question day on MMO champion?
    I was thinking the same, i wish the new thread option was blocked until a specific post count or something, the forum has become a vast ocean of stupid threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    sure, i'd just mail everything to my alt and back, keep it in mailbox till its safe ^^

Deleted
    Why this is fun? I mean, this is like someone deleting all your savegames.

Deleted
    No question about it; it would be horrible and only the really poor people in game ("Look at how much gold these dailies are giving me") would notice a positive change.

But I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuge supporter of gold sinks. I really, really think Blizzard should implement LOADS more gold sinks. It would help, no doubt about it. Especially since the gold generation in MoP has been absolutely insane. Dailies give 50G and you get random 100-3000g for easy achievements/quests.

Lower gold generation, implement a lot more gold sinks. Not forced gold sinks (5% AH fee, repair, reforge, transmog are really good as they are), but novelty items which are well designed. Both cheap and extremely expensive ones.