Thread: Ukraine

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    21,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    But it is the countries decision who they want to work with. E.U/Russia need to just let them work it out. Of course..last time that happened we got syria so i guess you have a point there.
    Yea but since both parties been in negotiating about trade agreements whatnot we are heavily involved.
    It is there call sure but when protesters get shot in the streets it cant be ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Let's keep this on track. This has nothing to do with breasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Dude we are a world leader in refugee intake. You need to get your facts straight.

  2. #42
    Scarab Lord Ser Arthur Dayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sword of the Morning
    Posts
    4,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    They whole reason these riots broke out was due to the Ukrainian Police using excessive force on peaceful protests. We wouldn't be getting directly involved if we decided to sanction the Government.
    O rly? The "excessive force" you are talking about, was on November 30, because of these "peaceful protesters"...attacking police with sticks, stones (police didn't even have shields back then) occupying government buildings. THIS after the Ukrainian government survived the no-confidence vote in parliament = democracy on the Government's side.






    So, tell me, what would happen if in America someone were to violently storm Congress? Ignore that the government won a non-confidence vote and thus had democracy on its side? What if the out-side world then demanded that the US back down to the rioters demands!?

    Unidentified men break the door of the Kiev City State Administration (Kiev City Council) building during a rally held by supporters of EU integration in Kiev, December 1, 2013. (Reuters / Valentyn Ogirenko)

    Participants in a rally in support of Ukraine's integration with the EU, in Kiev's city hall occupied by protesters on December 1, 2013. (RIA Novosti / Andrey Stenin)

    Pro-European Ukrainian demonstrators spray tear gas on police members protecting the presidential adminstration office in Kiev as 100 000 outraged Ukrainians swarmed the city in a call for early elections meant to punish authorities for rejecting a historic EU pact, on December 1, 2013.( AFP Photo / Vasily Ma





    Yes, that's a catapult...going medieval...



    A protester sprays fire in the direction of the riot police during clashes in the centre of Kiev on January 20, 2014. (AFP Photo / Genya Savilov)



    OP, you have a strange notion of 'peaceful protesters'...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And since when has UN backing mattered for anything?
    China and Russia are global rogues, trampling international norms...
    I would rather my country be perceived from time to time, as a global bully...
    All in the same post.

  3. #43
    Old God Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    10,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Their classy prime minister already labeled the anti-government protesters terrorists.
    I guess Egypt, Turkey, Russia & others needed more company spewing such nonsense.
    Because this is not terrorism (google translate).
    Also, lots of neo-nazi involved in fighting, and we all know that they love these kind of chaos
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-01-23 at 05:42 PM.

  4. #44
    Over 9000! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,178
    You guys need to start voting on the major issues that are dividing your country. Get a grasp of what the opinions really are and then implement them, if the government stands in the way of this, then foreign powers such as Russia or the EU can get involved.

    Also if people dont want to protest peacefully they deserve whats coming to them.

  5. #45
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    21,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You guys need to start voting on the major issues that are dividing your country. Get a grasp of what the opinions really are and then implement them, if the government stands in the way of this, then foreign powers such as Russia or the EU can get involved.

    Also if people dont want to protest peacefully they deserve whats coming to them.
    The bummer is that after the recent days events both the government as well as the opposition are hell bent that the actions of the other now rule out any discussion at all.
    They havent managed to sort it out since forever anyway pretty much half the population always looked at themselves as either russians or europeans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Let's keep this on track. This has nothing to do with breasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Dude we are a world leader in refugee intake. You need to get your facts straight.

  6. #46
    Scarab Lord Ser Arthur Dayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sword of the Morning
    Posts
    4,942
    This is Svoboda, the Neo-Nazi group that is doing the fighting in Ukraine.



    This is their leader, and picture below as well...

    This is the USA position
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And since when has UN backing mattered for anything?
    China and Russia are global rogues, trampling international norms...
    I would rather my country be perceived from time to time, as a global bully...
    All in the same post.

  7. #47
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    21,868
    We got it already Summerdrake, everyone protesting is a nazi, now stop spamming your one sided crap and accept that there are violent protesters and peaceful ones.
    The extreme russian forces in Ukraine aint prettier btw, just as foul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Let's keep this on track. This has nothing to do with breasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Dude we are a world leader in refugee intake. You need to get your facts straight.

  8. #48
    Scarab Lord Ser Arthur Dayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sword of the Morning
    Posts
    4,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    We got it already Summerdrake, everyone protesting is a nazi, now stop spamming your one sided crap and accept that there are violent protesters and peaceful ones.
    The extreme russian forces in Ukraine aint prettier btw, just as foul.
    That's funny, here's western opinion, the BBC, British on fascism in Ukraine. Now tell me where are all those "extreme Russians" in the article if they are so dangerous?

    Svoboda: The rise of Ukraine's ultra-nationalists http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20824693
    note, article is from 2012 and so is not clouded by current events.

    What is one-sided is where the violence comes from.

    There you have it, stop being butt hurt cuz I exposed your "peaceful protesters"
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And since when has UN backing mattered for anything?
    China and Russia are global rogues, trampling international norms...
    I would rather my country be perceived from time to time, as a global bully...
    All in the same post.

  9. #49
    Dead bodies are being found in forests near Kiev, tanks are on streets, people are being left to die in hospitals. Ye don't do shit about that. Rely on your "objective" BBC/CNN reports...

  10. #50
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    21,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    That's funny, here's western opinion, the BBC, British on fascism in Ukraine. Now tell me where are all those "extreme Russians" in the article if they are so dangerous?

    Svoboda: The rise of Ukraine's ultra-nationalists http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20824693
    note, article is from 2012 and so is not clouded by current events.

    What is one-sided is where the violence comes from.

    There you have it, stop being butt hurt.
    I'm not butthurt but you made your point and there is no need to post 667 pics. Also nice that you know what westerners get ther information from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Let's keep this on track. This has nothing to do with breasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Dude we are a world leader in refugee intake. You need to get your facts straight.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    The bummer is that after the recent days events both the government as well as the opposition are hell bent that the actions of the other now rule out any discussion at all.
    They havent managed to sort it out since forever anyway pretty much half the population always looked at themselves as either russians or europeans.
    While you have a point there, it's not entirely true. I don't think many ukrainians consider themselves russians. 50% (actually more) ukrainians _speak_ russian, that's true, but it's not the same. It's a different breed of post-soviet people, and people who speak russian don't necessarily want to bond or merge with Russian Federation.

    As for EU vs Russian course of development / integration, it is just being used as a reasoning for opposition to try and take over the government. Really neither European Union was going to accept Ukraine any time soon, nor RF was going to digest ukraine as a powerful nothern bear it is.

    Police cruelty (and severe new laws that have been recently introduced, like 10 years for taking a part in a protest) are just a counter-reaction. The policemen guys who are standing there all day unarmed being thrown stones and molotov cocktails at, aren't getting any happier. If there should be tanks then so be it. I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this way.

  12. #52
    Scarab Lord Ser Arthur Dayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sword of the Morning
    Posts
    4,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I'm not butthurt but you made your point and there is no need to post 667 pics. Also nice that you know what westerners get ther information from.
    A few pics, a few vids, not that many actually and they were important all. The reason you are crying is not due to amount of pics, but what they showed, at least be honest. Oh, and where do you get your information from? I'd say most go to major news sites to fast digest info. That's why big news are, well, big. Are we really having an argument if people watch BBC lol? You are side-tracking as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And since when has UN backing mattered for anything?
    China and Russia are global rogues, trampling international norms...
    I would rather my country be perceived from time to time, as a global bully...
    All in the same post.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post
    Hey guys, a ukrainian reporting in.

    Just wanted to enlighten you a little bit, this is not a conflict "between ukrainian people and ukrainian government", but more like "between a couple of (sponsored) activists + a fair share of confused rednecks, and ukrainian government". Media makes ya'll think it's the people of ukraine who are protesting against the reigning regime, but naturally not everyone is supporting the protests, to say the least. Most people just want peace.

    It's just another attempt at a revolution (we already had one succeed). As you all know the weak nazi minds are very suspectable to the idea of revolution, and this is what happening currently at Grushevska street. I just hope that it'll all come to an end and my friends at Kyiv can walk their streets at peace once again.
    This one doesn't sound like a Ukrainian at all, more like some Russian (or someone who watches russian official tv).

    People are not fighting for money or trade agreements. They are fighting for freedom and dignity and justice.

  14. #54
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    21,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    A few pics, a few vids, not that many actually and they were important all. The reason you are crying is not due to amount of pics, but what they showed, at least be honest. Oh, and where do you get your information from? I'd say most go to major news sites to fast digest info. That's why big news are, well, big. Are we really having an argument if people watch BBC lol? You are side-tracking as hell.
    Please find a post where I say that there has not been severly violent protester? Untill then stop implying it.
    You wont find it, just like I wont find you posting there are alot of peacefull protesters either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Let's keep this on track. This has nothing to do with breasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Dude we are a world leader in refugee intake. You need to get your facts straight.

  15. #55
    Scarab Lord Ser Arthur Dayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sword of the Morning
    Posts
    4,942
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post
    While you have a point there, it's not entirely true. I don't think many ukrainians consider themselves russians. 50% (actually more) ukrainians _speak_ russian, that's true, but it's not the same. It's a different breed of post-soviet people, and people who speak russian don't necessarily want to bond or merge with Russian Federation.

    As for EU vs Russian course of development / integration, it is just being used as a reasoning for opposition to try and take over the government. Really neither European Union was going to accept Ukraine any time soon, nor RF was going to digest ukraine as a powerful nothern bear it is.

    Police cruelty (and severe new laws that have been recently introduced, like 10 years for taking a part in a protest) are just a counter-reaction. The policemen guys who are standing there all day unarmed being thrown stones and molotov cocktails at, aren't getting any happier. If there should be tanks then so be it. I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this way.
    Ukraine, if people have bothered to read the government position, is to have a tri-party deal that involves EU and Russia. Russia, because it's Ukraine's biggest trading partner. This the EU flatly refuses to even discuss, this position and the crappy deals they offer, can in no-way compare to the sweet deals Russia offers, is what made the government turn away the EU offer. This doesn't mean they have turned their backs on the EU, just that the EU is too stubborn to compromise.

    None of the laws on protesting don't exist in the west... This is double standards, overlooked because EU is hungry to snatch Ukraine..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Please find a post where I say that there has not been severly violent protester? Untill then stop implying it.
    You are the one implying it, why else are you on a crusade against my post? "omg lots of information about stuff the thread is for! my eyes! my eyes!" yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not about the pics n vids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And since when has UN backing mattered for anything?
    China and Russia are global rogues, trampling international norms...
    I would rather my country be perceived from time to time, as a global bully...
    All in the same post.

  16. #56
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    21,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Ukraine, if people have bothered to read the government position, is to have a tri-party deal that involves EU and Russia. Russia, because it's Ukraine's biggest trading partner. This the EU flatly refuses to even discuss, this position and the crappy deals they offer, can in no-way compare to the sweet deals Russia offers, is what made the government turn away the EU offer. This doesn't mean they have turned their backs on the EU, just that the EU is too stubborn to compromise.

    None of the laws on protesting don't exist in the west... This is double standards, overlooked because EU is hungry to snatch Ukraine..
    The EU deal is sour in the short term as well as Russia not being able to offer the stability and most important reformation of the annihalited Ukraine economy.
    But lets limit to being about who gives the most handouts in a 12 month period...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    You are the one implying it, why else are you on a crusade against my post? "omg lots of information about stuff the thread is for! my eyes! my eyes!" yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not about the pics n vids.
    Yea you seem to know all about me as well as all protesters being nazis
    Last edited by Bakis; 2014-01-23 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Let's keep this on track. This has nothing to do with breasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Dude we are a world leader in refugee intake. You need to get your facts straight.

  17. #57
    Scarab Lord Ser Arthur Dayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sword of the Morning
    Posts
    4,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Tars View Post
    This one doesn't sound like a Ukrainian at all, more like some Russian (or someone who watches russian official tv).

    People are not fighting for money or trade agreements. They are fighting for freedom and dignity and justice.
    'murica!

    Btw Ukraine has a population of 45 millions, it's only a few that are out protesting. You completely ignore that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And since when has UN backing mattered for anything?
    China and Russia are global rogues, trampling international norms...
    I would rather my country be perceived from time to time, as a global bully...
    All in the same post.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    One activist that was abducted, was found dead in a forest near Kiev... totally out of control.

    on another note, the protest has an MMO twist to it as well
    What about the riot police/military/government classes? Or are they going to add those and PVP in the first expansion?
    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.

  19. #59
    Scarab Lord Ser Arthur Dayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sword of the Morning
    Posts
    4,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    The EU deal is sour in the short term as well as Russia being able to offer the stability and most important reformation of the annihalited Ukraine economy in the long run.
    But lets limit to being about who gives the most handouts in a 12 month period...

    - - - Updated - - -


    Yea you seem to know all about me as well as all protesters being nazis
    The EU? 12 month period? Tell me when the EU has finished with Greece, Italy, France, Spain, Romania, Bulgaria, and now they want to take in Serbia and Albania... It would cost Ukraine 100 billion just to change so it could become ready to join the EU, and you are talking about how they would fare once they join and what they get during 12 months? In case you haven't noticed, the Ukrainian economy was going down hill, if the Russians hadn't saved it, they would have been screwed. The EU didn't have the money to offer anything. So plz, the EU has bitten more than it can chew with the members it currently has.

    So, you are denying that the violence is being done by Nazis? You have already admitted that they cause violence, yet you are doing "omg nazis? omg like in ze movies? I don't believe u!" In contrast to you, I read news, why don't you try it instead of shaking your head?

    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world...tion-1.1642760
    an ultra- nationalist party is playing a leading role and former symbols of the far-right fringe are moving into the political mainstream.

    Flying above crowds in Kiev and other cities, the flags of Ukraine and the European Union mingle with red-and-black “blood and soil” nationalist banners.

    Svoboda’s activists are now playing a major role in running Kiev’s main protest camp and buildings occupied by demonstrators. They were also prominent in resisting riot police who tried to storm the camp and in the highly symbolic toppling of a statue of Vladimir Lenin. Svoboda’s leader, former surgeon Oleh Tyahnybok, rouses protesters with firebrand rhetoric attacking the “anti-Ukrainian” forces running the country, and he has met visiting senior EU and US diplomats who would have shunned him in other circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And since when has UN backing mattered for anything?
    China and Russia are global rogues, trampling international norms...
    I would rather my country be perceived from time to time, as a global bully...
    All in the same post.

  20. #60
    Scarab Lord DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    4,409
    The first thing that needs to happen is the insurrectionists need to be put down (yes, with lethal force). Until then, cries for change are futile.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •