Thread: Heroic Thok

Heroic Thok

My guild is starting on Heroic Thok soon and I was hoping to get some advice/tips from death knights who have done it. I'm not looking for group tactics rather any suggestions to help maximize my performance on the fight. I play unholy. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Jbreezy; 2014-01-23 at 06:48 AM.

You can continue dpsing the boss during the kite phases. Just trail behind him at max melee range. If you get too close, even from behind, he can still Chomp you. Use Death's Advance when the boss speeds up, then stay safe when you can no longer keep up. Just strike him a few times or death coil as he is passing by at high speed. As unholy, you might want to use Festering a lot in the stack phases so your diseases keep ticking during the kite phases. I would save cooldowns like gargoyle and unholy frenzy for the stack phases. When bats come out, use gorefiend's grasp to group them up quickly since they seem to be immune to remorseless winter. Use your CDs and second potion on those bats to help your raid get them down quickly and boost your own dps in the process. And don't forget to AMS. A lot. Tons of magic damage going out throughout the fight so get some runic power and increase survivability. As frost, I also use outbreak on the jailer while I'm still dpsing the boss and then switch to the jailer when I can't keep up with boss.
    Last edited by Coalbane; 2014-01-23 at 11:48 AM.

just @ the part that says "bats seem to be immune to remorseless" - bats aren't stunnable until they're under i think 25 or 35%, that's why it isn't working, but either way grip is a better choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for me, I play partial festerblight on this encounter, making "double trinkets proc" dots tick nearly whole transit phase (when boss is running) and damage add. After add death and when trinkets are about to proc, I totally stop dpsing boss and wait for "stack" phase to blow bursts with trinkets. About bats - If you play in 25man, then there are a lot damagers with great burst aoe I pressume, so there is no need in saving cds for bats. Here is one of our kills. As you can see, saving trinkets for "stack" phases gives you great burst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal View Post
    You can continue dpsing the boss during the kite phases. Just trail behind him at max melee range. If you get too close, even from behind, he can still Chomp you. Use Death's Advance when the boss speeds up, then stay safe when you can no longer keep up. Just strike him a few times or death coil as he is passing by at high speed. As unholy, you might want to use Festering a lot in the stack phases so your diseases keep ticking during the kite phases. I would save cooldowns like gargoyle and unholy frenzy for the stack phases. When bats come out, use gorefiend's grasp to group them up quickly since they seem to be immune to remorseless winter. Use your CDs and second potion on those bats to help your raid get them down quickly and boost your own dps in the process. And don't forget to AMS. A lot. Tons of magic damage going out throughout the fight so get some runic power and increase survivability. As frost, I also use outbreak on the jailer while I'm still dpsing the boss and then switch to the jailer when I can't keep up with boss.
    Little tip, when the fixate is about to end, move away from boss. Sometimes he just decides to turn around, don't wanna die to that, it's just lame.