Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    None of the 25 man dps checks were difficult, and grip is nice for siegecrafter and garrosh.

I'm waiting until blizzard doesn't fix anything in beta to drop this class for good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iysdexia View Post
    Why anybody is still playing a DK this tier is beyond me.
    Why not? Just because the average DK plays crappier than others doesn't mean that you can't do competitive dps when you play perfectly.

Also grip, mass grip and AMZ are very helpful for multiple fights this tier, chilblains and the DnD slow are very helpful for Blackfuse mines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedda View Post
    Why not? Just because the average DK plays crappier than others doesn't mean that you can't do competitive dps when you play perfectly.

Also grip, mass grip and AMZ are very helpful for multiple fights this tier, chilblains and the DnD slow are very helpful for Blackfuse mines.
    Couldn't agree more

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy is viable, DW is better. That's how it was before the buffs, and that's how it is after the buffs.

Why anybody is still playing a DK this tier is beyond me.
    1.) My second warrior doesn't have cloak and isn't geared.

2.) DK was great for siegecrafter for GFG and chillblains.

3.) Don't have a geared toon to switch to.

Not even DK utility is appealing. And even if it was, I don't play a dps spec for utility.

My mage pulls more than my DK, a lot more, and I'm definitely closer to perfect gameplay on my DK than on my mage. I had to reroll a couple months after this tier's launch from DK to mage because of how absurdly terrible the DK class is atm.

Anyone who claims the class is fine, or even competitive, is in denial.

Not even DK utility is appealing. And even if it was, I don't play a dps spec for utility.

My mage pulls more than my DK, a lot more, and I'm definitely closer to perfect gameplay on my DK than on my mage. I had to reroll a couple months after this tier's launch from DK to mage because of how absurdly terrible the DK class is atm.

Our class is competitive, every class will always be.
    However i agree that our class is shit at the moment, its not particularly our class itself but how insanely good every other class have gotten.
    Blizz is not going to nerf every class either so buffing DK`s is the only way to go, sadly blizz doesnt really seem to aknowledge that.

DK`s still have spots in raids, even i do and currently got 10/14 hc, that does not however change that every other melee class or dps class is much better than us at the moment.

Mediocre damage, poor utility(i wouldnt even call grip and AMZ utility, but whatever) and absolutely horrible mobility.

Absurdly terrible -> you're doing it wrong.

Dk is not good atm, dk is okayish atm, there are just some classes that go nuts. Sure you can look at the top logs and say, hey affli lock did double the dps of a dps dk on protectors.
    They already admitted that some classes are kinda out of control but they won't nerf them so the progress of various guilds don't take blows from that.

If you look at proraider top players of their respective spec you'll see that the dk shares similar overall dps with many other specs. Some are out of line especially warlock, but that class was ridiculous for the whole of MoP and will hopefully pay its bill in WoD.

Some specs are underrepresented, unholy, too, but the gap is closing and the lack of being really good generally draws in that the class gets less chances to get those brutal padlogs which show that giant fake gap.
    If you look what averagely the best representatives of their class pull, you can get a pretty good idea what the gap is, because those best players are likelier to get the chances to play with full potential.

A 10% gap is okay and you'll see alot of specs on proraiders beign around that, with a few exceptions and the recent needed buffs will close the gap further in the coming weeks.

Not saying we are "fine" but it is okay, if they fuck up again in WoD then it really gets problematic, they probably won't give us another flat buff for various reasons.
    I can live the current state, i steadily see guilds looking for good dks, because as a dk you can pull out steady dps, offer some unique niche spells and while you don't have those i go nuts situations, you also don't have those I can do nothing situations.(except maybe siegecrafter when you're on belt and the boss is placed at mines spawn, no sprint really hurts in those situations)

Affli is beyond broken on protectors, I wish I could do half as much damage as they do.

I'll be happy if blizzard can get all of the dps specs within 10% of one another. As long as they do it by actually fixing issues and not just adjusting numbers every patch.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2014-01-25 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Sure, warriors are capable of equipping one handed weapons if they don't care about sacrificing the numbers they would have as tg.

What's your point?
    Fury Warriors being TG or SMF is almost the same situation that we're in considering 2H or Masterfrost - you always take the better weapons, or TG if you have a choice of equal weapons. Having a pair of heroic one -handed weapons is going to do you more good than a pair of normal two-handed weapons, and it's absolutely viable given that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Affli is beyond broken on protectors, I wish I could do half as much damage as they do.

I'll be happy if blizzard can get all of the dps specs within 10% of one another. As long as they do it by actually fixing issues and not just adjusting numbers every patch.
    I would be fine with having poor damage if we werent so lackluster in other areas, which sadly we are.
    Our niche skills just doesnt really cut it.

Well if two handers don't drop you don't have many options, but warriors should not choose to play smf if they care about their damage and have the option of being tg with a current tier weapon.

It's nothing like the situation with frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    I would be fine with having poor damage if we werent so lackluster in other areas, which sadly we are.
    Our niche skills just doesnt really cut it.
    Our damage isn't as horrible now, but we aren't warriors or ferals and we aren't ever going to be that good towards the end of the expansion unless blizzard makes a lot of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Infeh(Methods DK) mainly plays as unholy. I too play as unholy and my guild is currently 11/14Heroic. Totaly viable, beating a lot of other classes on dps in our raids.

By the way, the crit build mr.robot asks you to use is not the best. Balanced is best. Let me give you the weights, im ranked on many fights, not just for the sake of ranking

Infeh: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Infeh/simple
    Me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aj/Kanj/simple

Weighs for mr.robot

Str : 5
    Crit : 2.8
    Master : 2.7
    Haste : 2.6

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Ahn'Qiraj/Kanj/

In the end of the day, the one you feel most comfortable with is prolly best fitting for you.

Hmm looking at your both armory. Why are you going master and he's going crit?

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    Hmm looking at your both armory. Why are you going master and he's going crit?
    because the stat weights for unholy are pretty much even to the point that there is no wrong choice. Infeh will have more upfront and single target damage while kanj will have a much better execute range and aoe damage(note not cleave). When I played with unholy with my a high mastery(around his kanj's level) I was doing 1-1.5M SR crits. It just matters what you prefer aoe/sr damage or single target, and considering there is only one true single target encounter w/o any cleave or aoe I feel that more mastery is a little better overall.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    because the stat weights for unholy are pretty much even to the point that there is no wrong choice. Infeh will have more upfront and single target damage while kanj will have a much better execute range and aoe damage(note not cleave). When I played with unholy with my a high mastery(around his kanj's level) I was doing 1-1.5M SR crits. It just matters what you prefer aoe/sr damage or single target, and considering there is only one true single target encounter w/o any cleave or aoe I feel that more mastery is a little better overall.
    chiming in that basically using a frost gemming/chanting profile, since I didnt feel like dropping gold on a complete redo, yields pretty good results for UH. Garg damage is fantastic too, meaning UH can be pretty good if the fight is close to the length of your garg windows, especially with galakras trink.

Deleted
    Is unholy viable?
    Obviously if you know how to play it.
    Some logs from yesterdays raid.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8zde2knjjaq3fwi5/
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2hx5az89s8nz070v/

Yesterday I went through the raid as unholy and I was surprised, pleasantly surprised, around 415k dps on Jugg.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest to check http://www.destinysoftworks.com/
    UH is viable in 25m and in some 10m fights , IF YOU ENJOY IT. We are low anyway...1kdps 2kdps...people can tap dps anyway and make increase their numbers...that means nothing if they cant attack the correct target.
    really DKs need a fix (those who say not...yeah you lost hope dude, reroll)
    Last edited by goltnum9; 2014-01-30 at 01:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goltnum9 View Post
    Defintly you know how to play it Mr 580ilvl and HC WF weapon...its no science...get gear smash buttons .... get ranks.....
    I lol when someone is ranked top5 and in their raid are mid towards end....
    also..wol? lol?
    There is your epeen bot: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/silvermoon/device/
    Plus some ointment for buttpain:

If you think that you can smash buttons and rank top 5 even with BiS gear, then think again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goltnum9 View Post
    Defintly you know how to play it Mr 580ilvl and HC WF weapon...its no science...get gear smash buttons .... get ranks.....
    I lol when someone is ranked top5 and in their raid are mid towards end....
    also..wol? lol?
    Just would like to disagree. Dps is viable, especially on single target. And when I get top1-top3 rankings I usually sit in top1-top5 by raid dps (while all damagers are pretty equally equipped)
    Just to clarify - Juggernaut and Malkorok
    Both these rankings are top1 unholy.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by device1 View Post
    If you think that you can smash buttons and rank top 5 even with BiS gear, then think again.

ofc you can , its a game not nuclear science...
    you get the proper gear and you smash your buttons.....

please change your logs, i can edit any log i want in WoL
    and please for your guilds reputation, if someone says the truth dont answer with disrespectfull bullshits