So after playing this games for many many years, stricly PvP for the last 3 years, the current state of arenas really got me thinking about the next expansion. Wouldn't it make sense to have a 3 tiered side spec tree? What I mean is you would pick your spec for example Pally -holy-ret-tank then just like the old talent tree you would work your way down 3 completely diferent "specs", the diference being they dont decide core abilities.

The 3 trees could be structured like this:

Damage/Healing
talents that strictly increase damage or healing output very little defense or CC

Defensive
talents that allow you to survive much longer than usual less damage output and limited CC

Croud Control
Talents that give a few more ways to CC and break CC sacrificing damage and defense

Doing this would allow people to really customize their character according to how they like to play. It would also eliminate a large amount of the CC in the game unless you chose to spec down that tree but doing so will not allow the damage output to busrt someone down (cant spec damage tree). Also when you see someone in the world you wont know if they are more damage/healing, tanky, or cc speced.

Just something my brother and I talked about, figured I'd share it with the community.