Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Garrosh 10HC Moonkin Question - First Transicion Phase

Hello,

maybe someone can help me (and my guild )

My Position in the first transicion phase is in the starting room on the right side - and i have to kill the adds together with our druid tank and - more important - interrupt them

I'm not sure, but I have issues with the Positioning, Timing and Aiming of the Sunbeam to interrupt the adds
    Some of my guildmates say, that it is possible to interrupt and silence all three adds with one cast of sunbeam.
    But maybe I have not enough skill or I'm too stupid ;-) but i dont get it. sometimes there are two interrupted... but mostly only one

Has anybody some hints for me to do it better?

If the Sunbeam "fails", we only have 3-4 Stuns/Interrupts for about 6 casts... and this is too much raid damage
    We have more wipes because of this, than on any other source... it is very frustrating

thank you!

Deleted
    Hey,

Feral druid here. Have you specced into ursols vortex/Typhoon? I'm sure you would, seeing as though you're a heroic raider. But just ticking the boxes.

Deleted
    Hi there, trust me : you CAN'T silence three add together with the sunbeam, maybe 2 sometimes but its works great on 1 add. you can also take the bash (you can use it in any form). Forget what thelymus said. ursol vortex/typhoon doesn't work at all on theses adds.

And remember one thing, you are maybe the worst class ever to do 1 pack solo with the tank. Can you give your raid comp ? thank you

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clmefgpp6f View Post
    Hi there, trust me : you CAN'T silence three add together with the sunbeam, maybe 2 sometimes but its works great on 1 add. you can also take the bash (you can use it in any form). Forget what thelymus said. ursol vortex/typhoon doesn't work at all on theses adds.

And remember one thing, you are maybe the worst class ever to do 1 pack solo with the tank. Can you give your raid comp ? thank you
    Tanks: Druid / Pala
    Heal: Monk / Shaman
    DD: Warrior, Hunter, Warlock, Mage, Priest, Moonkin

Putting a Solar Beam on an add in Jade Temple will simply make it not cast while the Solar beam is active. I've never been able to interruipt more than 1 cast with a Solar Beam.
    Quote Originally Posted by clmefgpp6f View Post
    Boomkins are very strong if given the chance to set up their Eclipse state before the transition. Holding a Starfall, Starsurge proc and be 1 cast to Lunar before you enter the transition. Use Starfall, Starsurge, put Moonfire on everything while using SS procs will easily make you top damage on the adds in your raid.

Deleted
    Does the pala tank solo 1 pack ?

You should take Druid tank / warlock on the 1 rst right pack.

Middle hunter kick left add / priest kick middle add / mage kick right add. The warrior can cleave all the add quickly and you just dot

Then split warrior / you / paltank (he join you) / hunter on left side - mage / priest / warlock / druid tank on right side.

like that you'll always have some massive stun on pack. you just need to Beam / bash 1 add at the end.

we have pretty the same comp like you and we did like that every weeks (garrosh between 20 and 23 energy)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Beep we are not bad if we keep Starfall / starsurge. but if he has to waste 2 GCD to kick / silence. he won't dps as weel as he would like.

i always keep starfall / starsurge but i'm not on top damage on the adds. (warrior / warlock / ele shaman / retribution pal / combat rogue are far better than us)

And you are talking about YOUR experience in 25H man raid. in 10H man, adds doesn't have enough life to be compétitive as a boomkin
    Last edited by mmoc362372595b; 2014-01-23 at 03:19 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    thx for the help
    the lineup was designed for a rogue on my spot - but he was not avaiable yesterday and will not today
    i think my guild dont wanted to change all other 9 positions because of this... but maybe we have to do this to play the phase safe and clean

Deleted
    Just try to kick / silence you add correctly. See if you can do at least 4M damage on Embodied Doubt (adds in this transition), it would be great.

Sometimes i do 4M sometimes 7M. it depends on my starsurge proc. GL anyway !

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, hate this "starsurge-luck"
    our warlock easily says: "just put your dots on all, then you have unlimited starsurge procs!"
    but the damage wasnt the main problem... if we dont die, we always end the transmission under 25

now i have to persuade my raid, that starsurge is only a single interrupt

Like the others have said, only 1 target is reliably interrupted with Solar Beam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirika View Post
    If the Sunbeam "fails", we only have 3-4 Stuns/Interrupts for about 6 casts... and this is too much raid damage
    How on earth do you get only 3-4 stuns/interrupts? You have your Guardian Druid's stun, Prot Paladin's stun, Monk's Leg Sweep, Warrior's AoE interrupt, Warlock's Shadowfury and your silence and stun. That's 7 interrupts 3 of which is AoE. And oh, then you still have 6 interrupts with 15 seconds or less cooldown and 1 over that. That's plenty for all casts.

Deleted
    I'm agree with the other chiken above. You have more than necessary kicks for this transition !

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post

How on earth do you get only 3-4 stuns/interrupts? You have your Guardian Druid's stun, Prot Paladin's stun, Monk's Leg Sweep, Warrior's AoE interrupt, Warlock's Shadowfury and your silence and stun. That's 7 interrupts 3 of which is AoE. And oh, then you still have 6 interrupts with 15 seconds or less cooldown and 1 over that. That's plenty for all casts.
    Only for my camp - with me and the guardian druid

Quote Originally Posted by Yirika View Post
    Only for my camp - with me and the guardian druid
    You need to change the groups then. Have either people with very high dps and little interrupts or many interrupts and slower dps.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    We didnt change the Group - my Tank stunned two adds, I sunfire'ed the third one after applying my dots and then we nuked all before the second cast was done
    Had some P4 tries yesterday, thank you all!

Sorry for the mini-hijack but I'm only able to do about 7mill dmg to the adds in the first transition, definitely not top damage, like Glurp says moonkins should be. I'm using double starfall, dotting 3 adds while focusing my target down.

I figured it wouldn't be worth saving 3min CDs for the transition but should I be?

No dont spend cds in transition

And you aint ever gunna be top dps in first transition, what bollocks, we don't have 3 target cleave and our dots barely tick full duration before mobs die.

Deleted
    I actually have been a fan of saving CA for the first intermission, but only because we could afford the dmg loss in p1 and p2 and had trouble staying under 25 energy.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Id is advised that as a moonkin you will leave an extra starfall and celestial aligment for this phase. Things i usually do as a boomkin is to use stampending roar when we start it. Than i use starfall, then CA+Bersekering + dots on 3 adds + solar on one. Then i move to the front groups using few SS procs on the middle group. Than again i dot up 4-5 adds in the close to boss groups, 2nd starfall + ss procs on whatever lives. With such tactic it is possible to pull 10-12M damage on those adds with less then 20 energy on the boss. Another tip is to dot up the weapon just before entering the Intermission for those extra SS procs (yes i had to ask people to not kill the weapon before entering the transition phase).

When i have to tank this boss as a Bear i can easily do 1 group with a monk healer. All i have to do is to have a bit of vengeance entering the phase, then i trash the group (before melee adds drop your vengeance), use berserk, and mangle all 3 targets to death with a stun from my monk healer friend (Shaman totem can work as well as it is a 5s stun). If the adds try to do the 2nd cast we interrupt them by hand, but they are usually dead before that point.