Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rjparker1 View Post
    I don't even.. how is this.. what the bloody...

You do realize that what you see on your "VIDEO" screen is not only drawn images of variable objects, spells, effects and scenery but also physics AND MOST IMPORTANT THE FUCKING COMBAT MECHANICS. If you own a modern graphics card it's perfectly capable of doing all the first mentioned without much hiccups.

Graphics cards are not made for heavy calculations that you need for calculating object movements and going trough 1000 different spells that everyone shoots around in a 25man raid setup, yes the client has to go trough a lot of other combat information in addition to your own. There's also networking related stuff that can be a hog when the client has to do numerous back and forth checks between the server and you.

The fucking bottom line is, when you usually experience lag, usually in an environments with a lot of people moving, the weakest part of your setup is your CPU since it can't cope with all that workload that can't be processed by the graphics card.

Deleted
    NO you did NOT! Therefore the FACT of the matter is your eyes CAN NOT see more than 30~35 Frames PER Second.. it's IMPOSSIBLE!
    Here is something I can see and that's that you have no idea what you're talking about and that you're filling the thread with useless crap and an abunense of capitilized letters. I assume you set your monitor to 30Hz because anything extra is just a waste, right.

(Rhetorical question, I don't want your answer)

I can also see an overly defensive and agressive person not worth wasting anymore of my time on, good luck with what ever it is you're trying to prove.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Here is something I can see and that's that you have no idea what you're talking about and that you're filling the thread with useless crap and an abunense of capitilized letters. I assume you set your monitor to 30Hz because anything extra is just a waste, right.

(Rhetorical question, I don't want your answer)

I can also see an overly defensive and agressive person not worth wasting anymore of my time on, good luck with what ever it is you're trying to prove.
    But can you see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Deleted
    No computer will give you 60 fps constantly in 25 man raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    We had a core parking thread? Where when how? Also as I continued after that, it spreads some load to other 2 cores as well but the 2 main threads that use the most CPU power can't be spread. It might also utilize more cores but in essence that's just spreading that lesser load more evenly. The point being you won't gain advantage going from 4 core CPU to 8 or 16 cores. I might also be wrong but as I haven't seen that core parking thread yet I can't comment on that.
    Yeap, right here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t=core+parking

- - - Updated - - -

From what I've gathered editing the registry when it comes to core parking isn't the most optimal, I could be wrong though. You can make changes using PowerCfg as well.
    Nah, all those programs do is edit the register themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Your mind CAN NOT "see" more frames than 30 you can "see" the effects of what happens WHEN frames are faster as in response time. That doesn't mean you can "see" anything.
    Ugh, it was proven that your brain doesn't "see" in Frames Per Second.
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    My System in a Nutshell:

Intel Core i54670K 3.40GHz @ 3,4 GHz
    8GB System RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
    SSD
    Watercooling

I did not run any Oversized tests and so on, only using Overwolf to show me the actual frame rate and in 25's it never goes down below 55 Frames. Everything runs Fluid without lags or "stutterpics". Settings are on High because i dont need / want Ultra for my non existent e-peen.

So for the TE, i think thats something what your aiming for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Nah, all those programs do is edit the register themselves.
    "Those programs" as in PowerCfg?

Read the very last line on this site

I can't seem to find it but I also read somewhere else it was better to avoid the manual registry change for Core Parking, similar to what is describe above.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Those programs" as in PowerCfg?

Read the very last line on this site

I can't seem to find it but I also read somewhere else it was better to avoid the manual registry change for Core Parking, similar to what is describe above.
    Ugh, power profile is news to me, but registry editing works, and I can stand by it with MSI Afterburner CPU usage.

The actual REG file contents are below.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583]
    "Attributes"=dword:00000000
    As you can see the key is the same as in my post, so, yea, the program just edits the registry

If it wasn't clear, my 'method' seems to edit the power settings in registry, _exactly_ the same as what that PowerCFG does :P

Deleted
    The above edit is to make Core Parking option show in Windows Power options, not actually changing the settings. The manual seditting not affecting the OS, or that's what it's claiming anyways.

At the end of the day it's probably not a big deal either way you do it.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2014-01-27 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The above edit is to make Core Parking option show in Windows Power options, not actually changing the settings. The manual seditting not affecting the OS, or that's what it's claiming anyways.

At the end of the day it's probably not a big deal either way you do it.
    There was another registry edit that probably made you comment on it at first