Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Vol'jin should get a new model after becoming Warchief

    Honestly more of a hope actually. I don't think he looks much like a warchief in his current model. I think it was just so people could look at an updated troll model so I hope it is changed moving into WoD. What do you guys think? Really I just want him in armor again. All previous wow models for reference.





    Don't get me wrong he is badass looking I just want him not naked.

  2. #2
    He's all like "The only reason I'm crouching in this last picture is because if I stand fully upright, my troll junk would be in yo' face!"

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    Honestly more of a hope actually. I don't think he looks much like a warchief in his current model. I think it was just so people could look at an updated troll model so I hope it is changed moving into WoD. What do you guys think? Really I just want him in armor again. All previous wow models for reference.

    -SNIP-

    Don't get me wrong he is badass looking I just want him not naked.
    I think it's just a Troll thing and personal preference to him, he probably will stay the same.

    Also Blizzard just barely updated him, so I doubt he will change much... But who knows?

  4. #4
    He already got a new model in MoP and it looks pretty great, they're not going to give him another one.

  5. #5
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,155
    last model is best. first picture is like a lvl 39 trol rogue...second picture is for lvl 70 troll hunter. but the last one looks special that none can be like him

  6. #6
    Doubt that, lorewise, Vol'jin will be doing anything differently enough to justify a new model.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,095
    I hope at least they will make him up-to-date with the new player models, with that I mean his facial bones and talking animations and so on.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  8. #8
    High Overlord Yaney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    107
    He could get a minor tweak to show off his new rank. Steal Garrosh shoulderpads? :P

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Abstieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,857
    Vol'jin looks exactly like he's supposed to look.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

  10. #10
    he was remodeled already in this expantion :S don't see why the devs would remodeled him again.

    MY "theory" is that when they remodel a race, they 1st remodel the racial leader. Remember Garrosh? He was remodeled for 5.4 and now we know orcs in 6.0 will look like him. Volj'in got remodeld for 5.3 and PERHAPS the trolls in 6.0 will also look like him.

    Next, they will update Varian, the teaser pic we saw of that hair is deffo from him :P

  11. #11
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,745
    I think he looks just fine. They were obviously going for the ''perfected'' version of him:



    On another note, I REALLY like how he seems to like to crouch more than he used to, makes him more iconic and differant. I hope that if they move him to Orgrimmar, he will be crouched.

  12. #12
    I would like to see him in attire more fitting the station of Warchief of the Horde, more heavily armored but without breaking from troll heritage.

    I know I'm completely insane, but what about something using Yautja armor as base inspiration?

  13. #13
    Now that he has the horde matrix of leadership he should get all beefy and get a trailer like optimus prime.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Now that he has the horde matrix of leadership he should get all beefy and get a trailer like optimus prime.
    Hah, was reading this and before I even got to the last two words I could already seeing Thrall with the matrix and has it floating towards Vol'jin like in the third movie with Sentinel.

  15. #15
    Warchief 1ns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    tdb
    Posts
    2,031
    yeah he should become an orc
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

  16. #16
    Would be cool to see him get a new model, as he'll obviously start looking outdated with other trolls. That being said, would Blizzard bother updating him so soon after the last one? I think design wise he's fine as he is. I'm glad they referenced that image.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    On another note, I REALLY like how he seems to like to crouch more than he used to, makes him more iconic and differant. I hope that if they move him to Orgrimmar, he will be crouched.
    Agreed. It makes him look more threatening, as he has to crouch to be face to face with most other races, but also respectful because he gets down to their level. Think it says a lot about him as a Warchief.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post

    Next, they will update Varian, the teaser pic we saw of that hair is deffo from him :P
    I always wonder if people come back to these statements and edit them after the fact.

    OT: They updated his model for MoP, can't see them updating it again now, although I do agree that armor befitting his rank would be cool.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    I would like to see him in attire more fitting the station of Warchief of the Horde, more heavily armored but without breaking from troll heritage.

    I know I'm completely insane, but what about something using Yautja armor as base inspiration?
    Yeah thats exactly where im coming from. I don't think he needs a rebuild like he got for MoP. Just a new skin with more armor, look a little more like a Warchief and less like a hobo in the wilds.

  19. #19
    I keep forgetting he's the war chief now.

    Haven't played Horde ina while, and even then like....that's big news.

  20. #20
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,651
    I do hope Vol'Jin stays at the throne or at least is more active then Thrall was(Yeah it was vanilla but still).
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •