Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vol'jin should get a new model after becoming Warchief

Honestly more of a hope actually. I don't think he looks much like a warchief in his current model. I think it was just so people could look at an updated troll model so I hope it is changed moving into WoD. What do you guys think? Really I just want him in armor again. All previous wow models for reference.

Don't get me wrong he is badass looking I just want him not naked.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's all like "The only reason I'm crouching in this last picture is because if I stand fully upright, my troll junk would be in yo' face!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    Honestly more of a hope actually. I don't think he looks much like a warchief in his current model. I think it was just so people could look at an updated troll model so I hope it is changed moving into WoD. What do you guys think? Really I just want him in armor again. All previous wow models for reference.

-SNIP-

Don't get me wrong he is badass looking I just want him not naked.
    I think it's just a Troll thing and personal preference to him, he probably will stay the same.

Also Blizzard just barely updated him, so I doubt he will change much... But who knows?

He already got a new model in MoP and it looks pretty great, they're not going to give him another one.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    last model is best. first picture is like a lvl 39 trol rogue...second picture is for lvl 70 troll hunter. but the last one looks special that none can be like him

Doubt that, lorewise, Vol'jin will be doing anything differently enough to justify a new model.

I hope at least they will make him up-to-date with the new player models, with that I mean his facial bones and talking animations and so on.
    You just lost The Game

He could get a minor tweak to show off his new rank. Steal Garrosh shoulderpads? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin looks exactly like he's supposed to look.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    he was remodeled already in this expantion :S don't see why the devs would remodeled him again.

MY "theory" is that when they remodel a race, they 1st remodel the racial leader. Remember Garrosh? He was remodeled for 5.4 and now we know orcs in 6.0 will look like him. Volj'in got remodeld for 5.3 and PERHAPS the trolls in 6.0 will also look like him.

Next, they will update Varian, the teaser pic we saw of that hair is deffo from him :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he looks just fine. They were obviously going for the ''perfected'' version of him:

On another note, I REALLY like how he seems to like to crouch more than he used to, makes him more iconic and differant. I hope that if they move him to Orgrimmar, he will be crouched.

I would like to see him in attire more fitting the station of Warchief of the Horde, more heavily armored but without breaking from troll heritage.

I know I'm completely insane, but what about something using Yautja armor as base inspiration?

Now that he has the horde matrix of leadership he should get all beefy and get a trailer like optimus prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Now that he has the horde matrix of leadership he should get all beefy and get a trailer like optimus prime.
    Hah, was reading this and before I even got to the last two words I could already seeing Thrall with the matrix and has it floating towards Vol'jin like in the third movie with Sentinel.

yeah he should become an orc

Would be cool to see him get a new model, as he'll obviously start looking outdated with other trolls. That being said, would Blizzard bother updating him so soon after the last one? I think design wise he's fine as he is. I'm glad they referenced that image.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    On another note, I REALLY like how he seems to like to crouch more than he used to, makes him more iconic and differant. I hope that if they move him to Orgrimmar, he will be crouched.
    Agreed. It makes him look more threatening, as he has to crouch to be face to face with most other races, but also respectful because he gets down to their level. Think it says a lot about him as a Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post

Next, they will update Varian, the teaser pic we saw of that hair is deffo from him :P
    I always wonder if people come back to these statements and edit them after the fact.

OT: They updated his model for MoP, can't see them updating it again now, although I do agree that armor befitting his rank would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    I would like to see him in attire more fitting the station of Warchief of the Horde, more heavily armored but without breaking from troll heritage.

I know I'm completely insane, but what about something using Yautja armor as base inspiration?
    Yeah thats exactly where im coming from. I don't think he needs a rebuild like he got for MoP. Just a new skin with more armor, look a little more like a Warchief and less like a hobo in the wilds.

I keep forgetting he's the war chief now.

Haven't played Horde ina while, and even then like....that's big news.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope Vol'Jin stays at the throne or at least is more active then Thrall was(Yeah it was vanilla but still).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi