10+ Year Old Account

Thoughts on possible ASUS ROG G750JH purchase?

I'm in the market for a gaming laptop. Its pretty much gonna be a replacement for when I'm at school so I can keep my main comp back at home. I've been looking around and keep coming back to this guy. Anyone have one? Any thoughts or concerns. I like the MSI Dragon too. Of course I looked at Alien but can't seem to justify spending 4-6 grand.
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

10+ Year Old Account
    Usage
    Settings
    Budget

Anything at all...just more info o.o
    Gaming Rig: CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz | CPU Cooler: H100i | Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz |GPU: GTX 780 | PSU: Corsair TX750M | Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker | SSD1 (Boot drive): 120GB Kingston | SSD2: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Black) | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Razer Tiamat 7.1 | Monitor: LG IPS234 (1920x1080)

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been impressed with my Asus G53 or Asus in general.

About 9 months after purchase, graphics failure. Repairs (motherboard replacement) took 7 weeks, which is utterly out of line.

A few months later, with the warranty gone, the charge controller stops working properly. It'll randomly stop reporting the correct battery level and the only way to get it to work again is to drain the battery fully.

Also around the same time, the outer insulation of cord on the power supply cracked, exposing the cable. Not real great workmanship there and they don't seem to sell replacement ones. Fortunately aftermarket supplies are available.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    school and gaming laptop doesn't really gel imo.

I own a G51, still runs fine. Replaced the harddrive (for capacity reasons) and the battery, but otherwise no real issues. I don't use it much now, partly because I don't need the mobility anymore and it's over 4 years old.

If you do end up with Asus, might I suggest a G55 (I know it's a generation old), unless you don't mind hauling around a 17" behemoth. Sager puts out some good notebooks I've heard, but I have no experience with them.