Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    unless Blizzard models 8(? cant remember the number) of faces per race/gender (which i very much doubt they will do) they will all look the same similar to how the padnas face is the same but you just change little features.
    You're acting as though it's not currently like that. They all have the same 3d face model right now... The only thing that has ever gotten changed is the face's texture. Then you have extras, such as troll tusks/belf ear jewelry/things like that, which I'm sure will still be an additional option with the new models. We're not losing anything, we're only gaining in model quality. So why try to make it more than it is?
    I'll admit the panda faces all look similar, but again, you can only texture furry cheeks in so many different ways, the panda pattern was the main thing. If you look at the Blood Elf face textures by comparison, there's actually a large amount of variation with the eyes, mouth, shading in general... which leads to more distinct looks.

With how much the texturing seems to be improving in detail along with the new model revamp, I'm certain once they finally release a selection of faces, we'll see plenty of variety.

And like others have said, these previews are just to show off the base model quality improvements... They're only showing one face, one hair color (oh god they're all going to only be brunettes, the sky is falling!) and etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Big improvement! I like how they said they hope for it to be recognisably your character, only having focussed the lens. I really like that, and hope it is true of my main, which incidentally happens to be a human female.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    The female human looks so cute ^_^

end of day who cares, its all gona be covered up 99% of the time with armor anyway so shut ya whinging, case closed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerofluff View Post
    You're acting as though it's not currently like that. They all have the same 3d face model right now... The only thing that has ever gotten changed is the face's texture. Then you have extras, such as troll tusks/belf ear jewelry/things like that, which I'm sure will still be an additional option with the new models. We're not losing anything, we're only gaining in model quality. So why try to make it more than it is?
    I'll admit the panda faces all look similar, but again, you can only texture furry cheeks in so many different ways, the panda pattern was the main thing. If you look at the Blood Elf face textures by comparison, there's actually a large amount of variation with the eyes, mouth, shading in general... which leads to more distinct looks.

With how much the texturing seems to be improving in detail along with the new model revamp, I'm certain once they finally release a selection of faces, we'll see plenty of variety.

And like others have said, these previews are just to show off the base model quality improvements... They're only showing one face, one hair color (oh god they're all going to only be brunettes, the sky is falling!) and etc.
    Think of the old faces like a 2d piece of paper you can draw all kinds of faces (or textures) on it and they will look very different. Now try the same of say a 3d mold of a face its a lot harder. This is why faces will (although look better) have less diversity (and also why pandas looks so similar to each other).

I'm really looking forward to what they do with the male humans tbh. The females were never dreadfully bad (although I love the new model). But the males look like a bad 70s bodybuilder with meat paws for hands.

I have faith that they'll fix the male's face to not look like some cleft-lipped freak of nature when his facial hair is shaved, but I found that line about "preserving the proportions" of the old models to be worrisome, considering the proportions are like ninety percent of what's wrong with the human male model; the slumpy shoulders, ridiculous He-Man triceps, sawed off shins... they really need a pretty drastic overhaul.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

So wear. have any play it.
    ------------
    vietnamradio info

....When are we getting the next post like this? >.<