Thread: FLEX SoO, 1-2

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

FLEX SoO, 1-2

I have been trying to get into flex raiding progression. I see LOTS of people requesting DPS iLVL 540, 545. I am iLVL 529 Mage. Flex drops 540 gear.. why would I want to do Flex.. if I already have the avg gear level? I am in a PvP guild, so not many raiders.. I just want to see how I can with my mage on Flex.

I am trying to get my iLVL up but world bosses and LFR is not cooperating, zero useful drops in 2.5 weeks (i have drops but for gear slots already equipped).. not crying just to say I want to increase my level but I can't do much else unless I can get some more gear.

My question is does Flex REALLY need 540? That seems pretty steep..

I understand 3rd and 4th wings are tougher, I just want to get the first wing, that would be great, but I don't (yet) qualify..

Deleted
    no flex does not need 540, however you need to have what a party leader asks for.

none the less you will notice how many of those who ask for 540+ dont even have 500 and any bosses killed and just want to be carried.

best way is to make your own party

Deleted
    Simple solution, make your own raid.

It is a bit frustrating at times sure, but raid leaders are free to ask for whatever minimums that they like. People like doing flex to get some quick and easy valor points or to go for some achievements and may therefore want a stronger group to accomplish this easier. Or they may just want to be carried. Either way the best way to get around this is to make your own group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make your own, or use open raid, I have seen many openraid events for "raiding for experience", just need to keep an eye on the events and also keep on open mind that for Flex 2 these may suffer a few wipes.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, 540 is quite high for a flex raid that drops 540, but I think far too many people forget that with item upgrades putting flex gear to 548, and a legendary cloak that gives ~3 ilevels, those people in 540 groups are generally still missing flex pieces. They just don't want to wipe.
    Pastspirit <Ascension> 12/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel

Quote Originally Posted by Pastspirit View Post
    Sure, 540 is quite high for a flex raid that drops 540, but I think far too many people forget that with item upgrades putting flex gear to 548, and a legendary cloak that gives ~3 ilevels, those people in 540 groups are generally still missing flex pieces. They just don't want to wipe.
    Not to mention most of them will have (upgraded) Celestial, Ordos, and/or crafted belt/leg pieces, as well as upgraded Burden gear (ilvl 543).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Just to drive that point home, my main is at 553 and I still have 7 slots that need upgrades from Flex.

10+ Year Old Account
    The groups with the sometimes 'ridiculous' requirements are usually ran by lesser skilled players anyway. Even if I meet the requirements I'm always wary of groups like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Simple solution, make your own raid.
    Is that really the best solution when there are multiple raids looking for people from the same player pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Pastspirit View Post
    its is definetly true and its their full right to demand whatever they demand however they like - but its also OP right to express how idiotic it sometimes is - i dont mind people setting such requirmeents - but at the same time i understand OP too cause being told - "well then go to lfr farm cloak ordos/celestialas for 2-3 months and then come and try flex " is just retarded from a new player point of view and is for sure huge factor why lfr is so much more popular then all other raiidng modes population put together together

But there is very easy extremly eay solution to this for him - he can make his own flex group and demand whatever itlv he want from people then

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Just to drive that point home, my main is at 553 and I still have 7 slots that need upgrades from Flex.
    cool for u !! and i know multiple people on freshly rerolled alts with normal looms who could probably outdps/outheal u on their 520 chars but nobody will take them to flex caue "no 540 no flex lol get away scrub" ^^ but u knwo what they are doin ? they are making their own damn frikin groups ^^ and have no problem whatsoever to clear flex ^^
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-01-24 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    The groups with the sometimes 'ridiculous' requirements are usually ran by lesser skilled players anyway. Even if I meet the requirements I'm always wary of groups like that.
    We generally have a 530-540 requirement for Flex 4, since a lot of people generally seem to have no knowledge on what to do on any of the fights, and 540 just makes it more forgiving.

@OP
    EU or US?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rjparker1 View Post
    Flex drops 540 gear.. why would I want to do Flex.. if I already have the avg gear level?
    Im at 557 with my alt, and still using 4 pieces of 535 timeless items, thats why I still do flex.

I had quickly geared my spriest just prior to SoO releasing. For a good month and a half I was running flex while also pushing hardmodes on the second week, simply because the only second trinket I had was between elegon/ToT valor trinket.

Everyone has their reasons, and atm a lot of those 540+ groups are alts trying to fill out a few pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    cool for u !! and i know multiple people on freshly rerolled alts with normal looms who could probably outdps/outheal u on their 520 chars but nobody will take them to flex caue "no 540 no flex lol get away scrub" ^^ but u knwo what they are doin ? they are making their own damn frikin groups ^^ and have no problem whatsoever to clear flex ^^
    except when we're talking about 'fresh alts' vs flex-geared chars, you're looking more towards 496 vs 556. and i dont care how good your rotation is, with a 60 itemlevel difference, your buddy's 'great dps' will have trouble competing with white damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    except when we're talking about 'fresh alts' vs flex-geared chars, you're looking more towards 496 vs 556. and i dont care how good your rotation is, with a 60 itemlevel difference, your buddy's 'great dps' will have trouble competing with white damage.
    Which is a pure bs with normal garosh looms crafted gear and timless isle stuff u can hit 520 easily in first 24 hours after dinging90 and i can assure u have seen plenty of 550 + who played like crap in flex and were awefully loww numbers and still weere claiming how amazingthey are.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Is that really the best solution when there are multiple raids looking for people from the same player pool?
    Lets see, he can
    a) Change the community that runs raids so they ask for ilevels more to his liking
    b) Make a raid with relaxed requirements

I'd wager that making his own raid is the best solution.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    (A) I highly doubt that, and (B), I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. I don't require higher than about 515 to 520 for runs I lead. It's completely unnecessary as long as people have a clue.

Also, if they're normal mode raider alts, why aren't they just doing an alt flex run and grabbing a few other people?

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Also, if they're normal mode raider alts, why aren't they just doing an alt flex run and grabbing a few other people?
    but who is saying they are not doin that on alts ? dont know how u but i have a small army of alts after all this mop time -_- have 574 main , 3x90 560+ alts , 5x90 540+ and couple other 90 which lay and collect dust abandoned as soon as i hit 90 on them - now how many alt runs would my guild have to run weekly so that i would be able to gear all of them equally ? there are things like rerolling alts on new servers where u dont know people and people dont know u . there are milion of factors to that -_-

i never said i have anything against having high itlv requirmeents - everyone can set whatever they like - all i want i to show the flaws towards the whole raiding community future in actions like this -_- with each year the numeber of people raiding harder modes is lower and lower - look at hc raids compeltion ratio from cata to tot tier -_- how many ceaed to exist -_- raiding needs fresh blood and only way to hook up new people on raiding is sometimes to sacrifice yourself and boost this one or other person in flex - who knows maybe he will become top dps/tank/heal in the future thx to this -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-01-24 at 07:46 PM.

I've got a raid that I run weekly on open raid that only requires a 505 gear level for Flex 1 and 2. I set it that low expecting to get a few higher geared players (myself included) to join. Usually the stopping point for me is if you make the 505 gear level (in pve gear) do you have it at least mostly gemmed and enchanted. Not that you should be spending 1000's of gold to get a 505 ready to raid, it just shows that your at least willing to try to make an effort at the raid.

I also go with another group that has a Ilvl much higher than 505, and unsurprisingly, it goes much faster. There's no explanations like there is in the 505 and the dps is much higher so it gives you an overall faster raid.

Both are perfectly logical ways to run a raid, just the preferences of those that choose to run that raid.