Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Again, look at the front page, they BARELY look different. It's a waste of time at the expense of real content. It's not worth it. It's cataclysm all over again.
    What for you is "real content"?

Raids?

So if someone who doesn't raid (just like you don't care about character models), and said "raids are a waste of resources", you'd probably think them to be silly.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You all go on about npcs. I barely look at them. It's still a waste of time.
    Thankfully there's not 7 million clones of you playing WoW. I'm very excited to see avatars that I have grown attached to for years get some rejuvenating. Like remodeling a home, it turns something you are comfortable with into something fresh. It will likely get people to try races they never have or fall in love with playing their original characters again. It's not something that affects my choice to play, but feels like a great reward for being a customer all these years.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    Ah, the RP community. I guess I'd want to look good naked too while I cyber
    Yes indeed. After all it's a well known fact that any person who likes a good looking model appearance is a ERPer.

So the armor isnt just gonna be skin tight "tuxedo" shirts anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    What for you is "real content"?

Raids?

So if someone who doesn't raid (just like you don't care about character models), and said "raids are a waste of resources", you'd probably think them to be silly.
    I didn't say "raids" don't put words in my mouth.

Why did Blizzard waste time creating new models for goblins. It's not like you notice any difference with the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    So the armor isnt just gonna be skin tight "tuxedo" shirts anymore?
    I wasn't really excited about the new models until I saw the dwarf/gnome/orc ones showed off (excluding seeing Garrosh all expansion.. didn't click for some reason.) But that question is actually one I'm most curious about, because if that comes with new updated models, I'm actually going to be pretty excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Thankfully there's not 7 million clones of you playing WoW. I'm very excited to see avatars that I have grown attached to for years get some rejuvenating. Like remodeling a home, it turns something you are comfortable with into something fresh. It will likely get people to try races they never have or fall in love with playing their original characters again. It's not something that affects my choice to play, but feels like a great reward for being a customer all these years.
    I've been playing since Bc and I never wanted my character to look different. I like him the way he is, an update is unnecessary and unwanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing since Bc and I never wanted my character to look different. I like him the way he is, an update is unnecessary and unwanted.
    Saying it's unnecessary is a little inaccurate, since the game needs to keep up as much as it can with modern technology in gaming, but yeah. To each their own. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    BAD WOLF

Good for you, good for Blizzard that a lot of others have been asking for an update for ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Saying it's unnecessary is a little inaccurate, since the game needs to keep up as much as it can with modern technology in gaming, but yeah. To each their own. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    I guess you haven't seen a modern video game? The update is far far behind what's in new games. If people care about graphics they won't play wow anyway.

Well, to be fair, I would say a good amount of people actually put time into designer their characters looks. Its what I love about other MMO's, and detest that WoW has lacked forever. Hopefully with new models comes a wider range of customization. MMO's are all about immersion. It begins on character creation.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

That doesn't mean everyone thinks the way you do. People think any content being put in the game that they aren't interested in is by default unnecessary and a waste of dev time, but that doesn't make it true. What would they even put time into otherwise? I've always thought they have enough resources that any mediocre raids, or just mediocre bosses is laziness on their part. As adamant and dense as you are about not wanting them, there's just as many people that do.

I wasn't even remotely interested in them until i saw how fantastic they look next to the ones that are in-game now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because all of the threads praising it show how unwanted these models are right?
    whatever man

Heck, why have any graphics at all? Just lay off the whole art team, our characters can be cubes, fighting bigger cubes! I can't wait to win a cube that has better stats on my old cube so I can progress with my guild of cubes to kill more cube bosses! It won't really matter since I play zoomed out and don't look at my own character anyways.
    You just lost The Game

Deleted
    You have a point when you say we'll just put armor over it, but they're also making more detailed movements for every character. We'll also see all NPCs getting the new model, so we'll see them a lot, and some players hide the helm, so they can see the head of their character. They'll not see it all the time, as they're fighting a lot, but don't you ever turn around the camera and look at your character for a bit, especially when you get new armor or when you're bored?

This argument fails to hold water every time it is made. There needs to be some copypasta response detailing exactly why, then the thread locked.
    ( ; , , ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You have a point when you say we'll just put armor over it, but they're also making more detailed movements for every character. We'll also see all NPCs getting the new model, so we'll see them a lot, and some players hide the helm, so they can see the head of their character. They'll not see it all the time, as they're fighting a lot, but don't you ever turn around the camera and look at your character for a bit, especially when you get new armor or when you're bored?
    That last line is especially true for me. I raid a lot, on a couple characters (mostly main... sometimes alt.) When I'm not raiding, I don't really have much else to do... So I'm usually sitting around in Shrine, and a lot of the time I do just zoom in, and spin around my character and look at it. Mostly out of boredom, but even so, I think a lot of people underestimate how much they actually see their characters.

Even if you mostly raid, which a lot of the community does (be it lfr, flex, normal, or heroic), you'll definitely notice the new animations that are coming with the models. What bugs me is that it's one of those things being done that everyone will appreciate, and that some people are just adamant on saying they won't. Everyone will notice, and it's not like anyone is going to go "man... I miss my low res shitty male human model =/."
    Last edited by Finick; 2014-01-23 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Heck, why have any graphics at all? Just lay off the whole art team, our characters can be cubes, fighting bigger cubes! I can't wait to win a cube that has better stats on my old cube so I can progress with my guild of cubes to kill more cube bosses! It won't really matter since I play zoomed out and don't look at my own character anyways.
    Exactly. As far as I'm concerned I am the only person playing this game, and I see the new models as pointless, therefore they are not needed.
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2014-01-23 at 08:01 PM. Reason: missed a word out lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you haven't seen a modern video game? The update is far far behind what's in new games. If people care about graphics they won't play wow anyway.
    Your selective reading missed 'as much as it can'. Keep complaining though. No one cares. I hope they personally remove polygons from your character in order to make mine higher. Sorta like the creation myth of a rib from Adam to make Eve, only this time it's from someone complaining to cause drama to someone who appreciates being thrown a bone (PUN INTENDED).
    BAD WOLF