Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    I dont get why people are going crazy over the new models. We put armor over our characters and zoom all the way out. Its not like you'll prob notice any difference.
    That's why you don't care. That's not why "we" don't care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    That last line is especially true for me. I raid a lot, on a couple characters (mostly main... sometimes alt.) When I'm not raiding, I don't really have much else to do... So I'm usually sitting around in Shrine, and a lot of the time I do just zoom in, and spin around my character and look at it. Mostly out of boredom, but even so, I think a lot of people underestimate how much they actually see their characters.
    I do this a lot, too. There's always a time when you're standing around, waiting, doing nothing.

Im pretty sure the excitement is around the new animations.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Again, look at the front page, they BARELY look different. It's a waste of time at the expense of real content. It's not worth it. It's cataclysm all over again.
    You must be blind. They look much better to me. Hears hoping the animations are that much better as well! (especially the running ones)

Deleted
    I understand that some people don't care much about the looks and movement of their characters, but why do some of you feel the need to take away the enjoyment from those who do care?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Exactly. As far as I'm concerned I am the only playing this game, and I see the new models as pointless, therefore they are not needed.
    Also I play the game zoomed into first person so player models mean pretty much nothing, and I play with my eyes closed so NPC models don't really affect me at all either.
    You just lost The Game

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    seeing my blood elf paladin in glorious armor set with new models. do i NEED more reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Also I play the game zoomed into first person so player models mean pretty much nothing, and I play with my eyes closed so NPC models don't really affect me at all either.
    I should try that. I always see my character as something getting in the way of the real action!

Models are meh. So much time and resources spent on something that offers so little to gameplay.

The models in GW2, SWTOR, Rift, D3, Tera all blow wow's away. but the gameplay is either = or meh.

Models just spice things up but offer no gameplay value. Think of all the other things they could possibly spend that time and money on instead of something that isn't going to effect the gameplay.

so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You have a point when you say we'll just put armor over it, but they're also making more detailed movements for every character. We'll also see all NPCs getting the new model, so we'll see them a lot, and some players hide the helm, so they can see the head of their character. They'll not see it all the time, as they're fighting a lot, but don't you ever turn around the camera and look at your character for a bit, especially when you get new armor or when you're bored?
    Yes I look at my character if I'm waiting for que or whatever. I transmog all my gear and never wear my helm. But in all honesty how much is it really gonna change? Great, the new female humans has abs and kneecaps. Cant see them anyways with a bp and pants on. New face? Sure looks nice but you have to zoom in pretty damn close to see the features. How long do you guys sit and stare at your avatar at that close of a distance anyways? Do you play the game that way? If you do, how do you do how the hell do you see anything going on around you?

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    The models in GW2, SWTOR, Rift, D3, Tera all blow wow's away. but the gameplay is either = or meh.
    Rift has possibly the clunkiest models and animations I've ever experienced, SWTOR too. GW2 has smooth and fluid models however.
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2014-01-23 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think from a marketing point, that the game is not dead or dying, it will be a better draw to new players if the aesthetics are better.
    Besides I'd rather have my RP characters look better as I do see them up close often.

Deleted
    It's not worth it.
    In your opinion, it's not worth it. No more, no less.
    Your opinion, however, luckily doesn't necessarily reflect everyone's opinion.

Not everyone zooms out. I have helmets and cloaks hidden on every character i have, I would hide tabards if i could.

Graphics do matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always have 'show helm' unchecked or am wearing a headpiece that shows my full head so for people like me the new models will be very noticeable even with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    I understand that some people don't care much about the looks and movement of their characters, but why do some of you feel the need to take away the enjoyment from those who do care?
    Because the people making the new models could totally have made like a million super awesome raids and dungeons and they could have perfectly balanced pvp and removed cash shop and brought back vanilla wow servers and made epics epic again and made warlock and shaman tanks and made a bunch of new classes and new races.
    But suuuure, if you want updated models go right ahead and rob everyone else of all these awesome things that would totally have happened if it wasn't for models!

Blizzard literally cannot win with people like the OP.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Again, look at the front page, they BARELY look different. It's a waste of time at the expense of real content. It's not worth it. It's cataclysm all over again.
    Your comments really make you sound like the most obtuse and dull person of all time. Barely different? Do you even have eyes? Do you even look at anything? And is it in some way sexually arousing to be miserable and a party pooper? Some people are just ... brrr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    Yes I look at my character if I'm waiting for que or whatever. I transmog all my gear and never wear my helm. But in all honesty how much is it really gonna change? Great, the new female humans has abs and kneecaps. Cant see them anyways with a bp and pants on. New face? Sure looks nice but you have to zoom in pretty damn close to see the features. How long do you guys sit and stare at your avatar at that close of a distance anyways? Do you play the game that way? If you do, how do you do how the hell do you see anything going on around you?
    I understand where you're coming from, and the whole character revamp takes a lot of time and effort, maybe a little bit too much for how little some players might appreciate it when it's finally there, but we can then also ask, why spend a lot of time on making good-looking enemy models? How often will you zoom in on the faces of the troll council in Throne of Thunder, or on Garrosh's new model?