Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    Yes I look at my character if I'm waiting for que or whatever. I transmog all my gear and never wear my helm. But in all honesty how much is it really gonna change? Great, the new female humans has abs and kneecaps. Cant see them anyways with a bp and pants on. New face? Sure looks nice but you have to zoom in pretty damn close to see the features. How long do you guys sit and stare at your avatar at that close of a distance anyways? Do you play the game that way? If you do, how do you do how the hell do you see anything going on around you?
    I understand where you're coming from, and the whole character revamp takes a lot of time and effort, maybe a little bit too much for how little some players might appreciate it when it's finally there, but we can then also ask, why spend a lot of time on making good-looking enemy models? How often will you zoom in on the faces of the troll council in Throne of Thunder, or on Garrosh's new model?

  2. #82
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Think of all the other things they could possibly spend that time and money on instead of something that isn't going to effect the gameplay
    Yeah how dare the art department actually make art when they could be learning how to code and develop new modes of game play. What a bunch of stupid people who aren't working to their full potential. You should get a management job at Blizz so we can all have super awesome content again.

    Customer service? Who needs it? It doesn't affect gameplay so get those people into some programming night classes so they can make a new feature. Billing? don't need them either.
    BAD WOLF

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Your comments really make you sound like the most obtuse and dull person of all time. Barely different? Do you even have eyes? Do you even look at anything? And is it in some way sexually arousing to be miserable and a party pooper? Some people are just ... brrr.
    I've always wondered how to describe people like that. Plus they're always mentioning how they wish to keep the old look, just updated.

  4. #84
    We get it you don't care about how your characters look. Stop assuming that because you don't care that the rest of us don't care.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.
    Friend Safari: Steel, Metang, Mawile, third unknown.

  5. #85
    Mechagnome Akarui's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Raivosoturi View Post


    Why did Blizzard waste time creating new models for goblins. It's not like you notice any difference with the new ones.
    Good enough comparison.
    Besides anyway it's nice when a games graphics live up to the age it's in and not 2004... One of the few reasons I like other mmo's is good looking models and textures.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    Ah, the RP community. I guess I'd want to look good naked too while I cyber
    Seriously? Lumping anyone who likes role playing in WoW is equated to ERPer's?

    As a last point to note, there is no reason. The only reason is that people asked for it, you're not one of them? Well it won't affect you I guess since you don't care how things look it won't matter what the art team on Blizzard do then will it?
    Last edited by Akarui; 2014-01-23 at 08:16 PM.
    “4chan once took on the FBI and won,” a Brony told the New York Observer, “so you might say that My Little Pony is more powerful than the FBI.” Sethisto

  6. #86
    No idea OP. They'll be appreciated, viewed as status quo, and then forgotten within a month. Even with the improved animations. This isn't a suggestion that they not be done... in fact, they're several years overdue. But the hype around them is very overstated.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  7. #87
    Nothing else but these new models are going to make me buy x-pack.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, and the whole character revamp takes a lot of time and effort, maybe a little bit too much for how little some players might appreciate it when it's finally there, but we can then also ask, why spend a lot of time on making good-looking enemy models? How often will you zoom in on the faces of the troll council in Throne of Thunder, or on Garrosh's new model?
    Im not saying we fight cubes, but I'd rather have the art development into new bosses, raids or dungeons.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    To draw back the playerbase that left the game around Cata with new flashy graphics.

    Gotta say, I'm glad they are revamping the models, but the amount of fuss around it is quite funny.
    Flashy graphics would require a 10 year newer graphics engine. Not one from Quake 3 era.

    Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    We get it you don't care about how your characters look. Stop assuming that because you don't care that the rest of us don't care.
    When you'll stop assuming everyone else cares. /care

  10. #90
    It's not as if any of you had any realistic idea of "development time", who does what and how work is distributed at Blizzard anyway. Such a useless banter, really.

  11. #91
    Herald of the Titans SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    2,892
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Your comments really make you sound like the most obtuse and dull person of all time. Barely different? Do you even have eyes? Do you even look at anything? And is it in some way sexually arousing to be miserable and a party pooper? Some people are just ... brrr.
    I do have eyes. I've seen modern video games. These "updates" are not much better than what's in the game right now. Compare the updated models to the ones in games like Rift. Then remember how old Rift is.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    I dont get why people are going crazy over the new models. We put armor over our characters and zoom all the way out. Its not like you'll prob notice any difference.
    Do you poke your head out from under the rock every now and then?

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah how dare the art department actually make art when they could be learning how to code and develop new modes of game play. What a bunch of stupid people who aren't working to their full potential. You should get a management job at Blizz so we can all have super awesome content again.

    Customer service? Who needs it? It doesn't affect gameplay so get those people into some programming night classes so they can make a new feature. Billing? don't need them either.
    Hell, we might as well just kick out the guys who do lore and quests. NO MORE LEVELING CONTENT! NO MORE STORY! RAIDS ONLY!

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I do have eyes. I've seen modern video games. These "updates" are not much better than what's in the game right now. Compare the updated models to the ones in games like Rift. Then remember how old Rift is.
    Who's talking about Rift and why? Your whole, ahem - argument just completely shifted to something entirely different. At least try and make some sense. And open those swollen eyes, dude, it helps, I promise ...

  15. #95
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,820
    Man, people will complain about anything.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  16. #96
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Common Sense Nation
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln
    beastly burn, troll catcher

  17. #97
    Herald of the Titans SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    2,892
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Who's talking about Rift and why? Your whole, ahem - argument just completely shifted to something entirely different. At least try and make some sense.
    Just because you can't comprehend doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. The rift models are old and will still look better than the updated wow characters.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    Im not saying we fight cubes, but I'd rather have the art development into new bosses, raids or dungeons.
    Do you honestly believe that the entire team is working only on character models? Do you even know how game development works?

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Just because you can't comprehend doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. The rift models are old and will still look better than the updated wow characters.
    You can't even follow your own reasoning. But what was I expecting anyway?

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorondil View Post
    I don't care about character models, but I don't mind them putting resources into it.
    This is agree with completely

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •