Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it is true that new models are just a graphical update...same as if they were introducing new content: new grass model.
    BUT... its a lot of work and fans will love it coz we more atracked to our models then to the grass...so its enough big change.
    I wouldent say that its a smaller adding then the new race for example

I don't give a rats ass about PvP, do I give Blizzard flak for including new Battlegrounds, Arena's or PvP sets? Or for changing PvE to accomodate PvP balance? No, because I'm not a spoiled 12 year old that thinks the world revolves around me, try to realize that many people play WoW for completely different reasons than you and that this is a change that many people have been asking for for many years, instead try being happy that you will get improved animations and the fact that Blizzard is giving a large portion of the playerbase what they want.

I don't know about you guys. But I'm happy that my orc won't stare into the abyss anymore with those red eyes of his. Bugs and all the stuff won't enter his mouth anymore. And he won't look like a kid with down syndrome (not trying to offense the poor kids that have this syndrome)

Well you obviously don't appreciate the art of the game. When I create a character, I take my time. I go through all of the choices and find the ones best suited for me. I love the idea of re-vamping old models but retaining the "soul" of the old models. I appreciate the art that goes into any game, whether it be the characters or the environment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    It's not just models, it's animations too.
    This pretty much, and also, I prefer to play without my cape/helm on, so I prefer updated faces/hair/animations, they should also update old critters (BUNNIES) and mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    I dont get why people are going crazy over the new models. We put armor over our characters and zoom all the way out. Its not like you'll prob notice any difference.
    I don't care about pets, PvP, 5 mans and achievements, but I know some people enjoy them and I am not trying to get them removed just because I don't see their point.

I have 4 giant triangle fingers.. Round ones would be nice... Also.. Ankles are good for Trolls..

Deleted
    'Oh look, it's this thread again.'

Deleted
    I want to know when they'll let us vary the body shape/height of our characters. So that all humans/orcs/trolls/dwarfs etc. don't look identical when armoured up.

Obviously many people care about graphics, why else would game studios devote entire departments to making art for the game?
    why else are we not still playing with PS1/N64 like graphics?
    A lot of the extra power the Xbox one and PS4 have over the 360 and PS3 is used to power more polygons on screen and more particles being emitted.

WoW is a 10 year old game, the models are very outdated.
    Only because of the artstyle I can still stand looking at the model but everyone who even bothers to look close to their own character sees the flaws and jaggedness.
    some of the races I can't stand to play because the animations are so incredibly stiff (Troll and Orc female) and some look like they were never finished (Tauren female)

Would I quit if they didn't update the models? No as long as the game is fun I don't mind it looking dated but I am damn glad they do update them because I do like looking at nice graphics.
    I think updating the models was necessary to bring WoW into the future.
    Look at Druids, I wonder how many Druids want to go back to the old Bear and Cat forms.

I agree with you to a point OP, we usually just look at our characters up close when we're standing still not doing much. Overall it wouldn't really matter to me if we got new models or not. But it is refreshing to see something new

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wintergreen View Post
    Well you obviously don't appreciate the art of the game. When I create a character, I take my time. I go through all of the choices and find the ones best suited for me. I love the idea of re-vamping old models but retaining the "soul" of the old models. I appreciate the art that goes into any game, whether it be the characters or the environment.
    I do the same thing, when creating a character,a nd totally agree with retaining the "soul" of the old models. I often look at my character when I'm standing still and admire my xmog or the savage orc features. But once raiding or bgs happen most of that goes away, except animations. So I would agree with Op on that point.

Because the older races look outdated compared to the pandaren and other newer races. Even a jinyu looks better then my orc shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Character customization is as much part of the game as actual features are. It's no coincidence that most RPGs allow you to customize your character, starting on body features and ending on the name. This model update has been requested for quite a long time, and they are finally delivering it. Slowly, but surely. Perhaps it wasn't exactly "needed", but it sure is welcome by most of us.

Also, anyone who says the new versions barely look different (or worse) than the old ones is being downright dishonest, or fishing for reactions. I think it's difficult to argue that the old ones have anything at all that looks better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gps View Post
    I dont get why people are going crazy over the new models. We put armor over our characters and zoom all the way out. Its not like you'll prob notice any difference.
    - Some people RP in gear other than armor. Physical traits are more noticeable
    - Bank alts are usually in casual wear
    - Platekinis will look better on newer models
    - Lap dances in Goldshire on Moonguard are sure to feel more realistic
    - Emotes and animations were long overdue for an improvement
    - Gnomish ENG - X-ray specs

...and the list goes on. The human condition: assuming it matters to no one, if it doesn't matter to you. I hate the color green. Some people hate every color BUT green. 7M players means at least a couple hundred thousand just won't care about the upgrades, while those of us who are involved and vested in our characters, and have taken the time to personalize them, are looking forward to enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Again, look at the front page, they BARELY look different. It's a waste of time at the expense of real content. It's not worth it. It's cataclysm all over again.

You obviously need glasses.

OP's logic is : What does it matter to have any race? Let's just have on race and fight mobs that looks the same, because it doesn't matter!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Again, look at the front page, they BARELY look different. It's a waste of time at the expense of real content. It's not worth it. It's cataclysm all over again.
    A) Wrong, there is an enormous jump in model quality.
    B) One dude rebuilt the human female with feedback from two other art devs.
    C) These rebuilds were a long time coming, the Vanilla and BC races are pissugly, and given Warlords of Draenor is slated to have orcs and draenei everywhere, it was a golden opportunity to rebuild.
    D) It's not like they pull people from the raid design, world design, PvP design, or quest design teams to build these models. This is, again, like one guy on the art team building a model with feedback from a couple others; so worst-case scenario that's all of 20 guys working on the models (one each for each race and gender, which I find unlikely as-is) and the rest are building Draenor, dungeon and raid environments, boss models, and gear models, and once a given race is done being built, it gets sent to the animators (a whole different team), and the model guys are back on the assembly line.

That is a far cry from rebuilding an entire world for 60 levels of content, and even if it weren't, too bad. Roleplayers haven't had any honest content since transmog, so it's our turn this go-round.
    Last edited by Thage; 2014-01-24 at 02:19 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You obviously need glasses.
    Yeah, now zoom out until both faces are 20x20 pixels, and put a helm on each. So much difference...

They are different, yes. The point is, that's something you'll look at once, say "cool", then forget. As I said, they are doing these models mostly for new players who are largely put off by WoW graphics since other games are much more stunning, graphics-wise - especially when it comes to models. The new models are there so that less new players exit right on the character creation stage (have you seen character creation in other games? yeah...). During the actual gameplay, you won't see too many differences.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln
    It's actually Socrates, but assuming you're from the US, of course Lincoln and Washington invented everything from fire to toasters.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yeah, now zoom out until both faces are 20x20 pixels, and put a helm on each. So much difference...

They are different, yes. The point is, that's something you'll look at once, say "cool", then forget. As I said, they are doing these models mostly for new players who are largely put off by WoW graphics since other games are much more stunning, graphics-wise - especially when it comes to models. The new models are there so that less new players exit right on the character creation stage (have you seen character creation in other games? yeah...). During the actual gameplay, you won't see too many differences.
    Speak for yourself.