Deleted

MSBT Different Abilities in different windows possible?

Hey MMO-Champ community,

I'm using MSBT (MikScrollingBattleText) since a few days, because I want something special and I thought / hope this is possible with MSBT!
    I wanted to show you a picture, so that you can imagen, but I'm not allowed to post any kind of images :x

Is it possible with MSBT to create different "Outcome Player" windows for different abilities?

I don't care about my legendary cloak proc damage or Serpent Sting ticks for example.
    I just want a seperate window that shows my Explosive Shot damage when I'm Survival and Kill Command when I'm Beast Mastery.
    In another window I want to track my Arcane Shot damage / Pet damage / auto attack damage.

Is this possible? I searched YouTube and the MSBT FAQ section on wowinterface as well as google, but I found nothing. After that I started to search in the .lua files, but I found nothing there as well :x

But I'm pretty sure that I saw a WoW Kill Video some months ago, where I saw exactly that what I'm trying to configure and I guess it was MSBT or something else :x

Is there anyone out there who can help me?

Greetings from Kazzak EU!

It's possible but you would need to change quite a few things. I assume by "Outcome player" you meant "outgoing." Under the Scroll Areas tab you would need to make a new scroll area. If those events you stated are already specifically tracked within MSBT, you would just simply need to change the output scroll area to the new one you created. If not, you would need to make new trigger events for each one. The only problem I see with this is that you would double-dip on the damage displayed from MSBT tracking general skill hits in addition to your specific explosive shot tracking etc.

Deleted
    I tried that what you've explained, but it's not working :x
    I can only trigger "Skills" and "Skill Crits" but not a specific ability like Explosive Shot.

I tried to track the things you wanted with MSBT and it is possible, only its a lot of work, but I can lay down a basic groundwork for you to follow so you can make the rest yourself. Seems like you understand the basics of how MSBT works. Let's just start with Explosive Shot as an example

1) Explosive Shot or anything similar
    MSBT lumps the damage it does into two types of categories - Skill damage and Damage over time (DoT). There are also additional categories for crits. So in order to track the damage you are asking for, you would need to make at least 4 new triggers.

-- Update --

Okay, so the part where you get stuck is here.

A) Change the trigger class to only have Hunter checked and close it.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Click on Add Event and under the Main Event tab, choose Swing/Range/Skill Damage.
    [IMG][/IMG]

MSBT has a shitty naming system for triggers so I advise naming your triggers something like ES %a, EScrit %a etc. You could leave it as just %a (represents damage value) but it would be hard to tell these triggers apart later. Delete the condition for crit. For Skill Name, fill in Explosive Shot. Should look something like this when you are done.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hit save twice and that's it. This trigger shows the damage of Explosive Shot on initial impact. To change the style of how it pops up, click the screwdriver thing and uncheck Always Sticky so that the text scrolls instead and change the output area to the new one you created.

B) New trigger Periodic Skill Damage (DoT). Same as above. This shows the DoT portion of ES.

C) to track when ES crits on both initial and dot dmg, just repeat the above A&B steps but leave the crit conditions in.

You can apply the same settings for autoshot, arcane shot, and kill command. These skills obviously don't have a DoT portion so no need to do step B.

2) For pet damage, New trigger Swing/Range/Skill damage. Change Source Unit Affiliation condition to to Source Unit type and set it for Pet. Delete the other two conditions. This should show ALL damage the pet does (noncrits.) For crits, repeat this step but leave the crit condition in.

Hope this helps you get where you want.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-01-26 at 10:45 PM.

Deleted
    AWESOME!
    Everything works perfectly Thanks to your help and patience it's so configured how I wanted to configure it!

Looks exactly like I've imagen it

U ROCK!
    Last edited by mmocb913446115; 2014-01-27 at 12:20 AM.

That depends on which scroll area the pet damage is showing up in. If its in the default area, - Under Events>Event Category = Outgoing Pet, click the Toggle All button to uncheck all.

Deleted
    It took some doing, but now everything is really fine, thank you Magicaldandruff :P

You would just simply need to change the output scroll area to the new one you created.

*sofiazoe*