Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yep. The tweets made it seem like we could expect more than just one model (and people will disagree, as proven before, but I quite frankly don't care to argue it over with them anymore) and now quite a large amount of people are disappointed with waiting 3 weeks (after initial announcement) for one model. They could've saved those people that are now facepalming a lot of time and hype by just saying "we're gonna show/reveal one new model". Wouldn't have been too hard.
    This, and I feel the need to emphasize here, because I keep getting yelled at. I am not going to quit, I am not going to go on a Sky is Falling Rant, but no matter how you spin it, they made this sound like much more than it was.... which to be a bit fair, is sort of the point of hype, but that still doesn't make this alright. I am also done posting at this point, I have other things I need to do anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Well it was the 3rd billing feature on the WoD trailer.... I would hope its a priority.
    It will only become a priority if they can figure out how to charge extra for it.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    This, and I feel the need to emphasize here, because I keep getting yelled at. I am not going to quit, I am not going to go on a Sky is Falling Rant, but no matter how you spin it, they made this sound like much more than it was.... which to be a bit fair, is sort of the point of hype, but that still doesn't make this alright. I am also done posting at this point, I have other things I need to do anyway.
    Thats why I don't get too hyped up for things, I felt this was a appropriate reveal and they are kinda telling us that they will be updating with us about the models like every week... so that's cool.

Is what they delivered underwhelming considering the hype they gave it? Yes. It does not, however, show any sort of insight as to how far along any feature, including the models, are in a grand scheme of things.

Publishing models in a presentable way to the public =/= actual progress on character models or any other feature.

I hope at the very least the Vanilla races are done and dusted for WoD. I don't want to be on my Troll looking like something from 2004 and having my friend on his Orc looking all shiny.

I haven't and won't change my mind on it either, but neither will I go on a 'WoW is dying' tirade. I am just disappointed. I still like the model, I still like all the models we've gotten up until now. I just waited 3 weeks, expecting a rather big update, only to get a human female teaser, and that disappoints me. The human could've been ungodly awesome, and I still would have been disappointed, so it has nothing to do with the human female model itself. In the end, it's typical marketing and how a business functions. I may not like it (I obviously don't), but it's how it goes. Doesn't mean my opinion on the tweets implying an update that was bigger than what we got is changed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    I hope for their sake they dont do this. Imagine you are one of the unlucky few (half?) that is running around on an old model, waiting for some future patch to catch you up to the rest of the world...would be a very bad decision by Blizz if they do. I would say almost worse that waiting to release with all races updated (and that is pretty bad)
    Yeah that will really negatively affect my gameplay to see the same model I've been seeing. I can't imagine playing with old models, it's blasphemy.

Edit: Wow, I never realized people spent so much time looking at their character. These model changes will be nigh unnoticable once you have armor on. What's the big deal with model changes? I just don't understand.
    Last edited by Varabently; 2014-01-23 at 09:15 PM.

TBH.. i think every model is "DONE", just some tweaking before showing so crywaves wont spread to much. community has gotten so picky and cryish about everything. and what they DONT want to do is sit on forums giving reason why X model has Y thing bla bla bla

And its blizzard we're talking about.. they tease more than a proffesional lapdancer.. its just how they do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

THIS. WAS. UNDERWHELMING.
    You must not have seen the official forums lately, the response has been overwhelmingly positive.
    You just lost The Game

Um they have a lot of work to do and once they finish the content which is MUCH more important than making a character look pretty they can put more time into the characters, they will have a release soon enough.

So this is probably a good time to go "hey lets let blizzard take their time to finish a quality expansion instead of bitching that its taking so long & making them rush and fudge the whole thing up"
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by Elfinoria View Post
    Wow
    Much dramatic
    Many crying
    wow

Patients is a virtue. Rome wasn't built in a day
    Well Said....^

But seriously just because they released 1 model, doesn't mean that its the only one they have updated, they could have completed some already and just haven't released it, this thread is pointless no one knows anything yet

you see the thing about the "big reveal" we've been waiting for is actually, WHEN THEY RELEASE THE XPAC!! anything up until that time is a preview. they literally have to show us nothing, but as you've pointed out its a marketing technique to keep us excited. its obvious to me that you don't think before you rant and rage about things you clearly have no understanding of, and if you think they revealed even half of what they actually have done (including raid art etc) your sadly mistaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Yeah that will really negatively affect my gameplay to see the same model I've been seeing. I can't imagine playing with old models, it's blasphemy.

Edit: Wow, I never realized people spent so much time looking at their character. These model changes will be nigh unnoticable once you have armor on. What's the big deal with model changes? I just don't understand.
    you do realize they are changing animations also?? so the way your character runs will look different with armor on, thats the big fucking deal.

Deleted
    I'm sure they have more done and could show us more, but they'll do that slowly over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough people are already shitting down Blizzard's throat for everything they've shown us so far. How keen do you think they are to show anything that isn't 100% complete?

This character reveal proves as much about the WoD release date as it does about when Titan will be released.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post

As has been said many many times before, animations are being updated as well.

It bothers a lot of people that female humans for example currently run like they have a stick up their butt...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    sounds like a misunderstanding.. yes redoing character models are a big priority, drawing up cutesy little reveals with snapshots, and blog posts... however, might not be. its probably more important to blizz to focus on doing the work needed, and not so much on special reveals. (to the point nobody is surprised when they are finished).
    What else are we getting, in regards to information about WoD since Blizzcon, aside from it's updated character models?

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weep View Post
    The sky is falling.
    Pretty much.

People didn't like the new model / the time it took / the model's face, or whatever, and so wow is dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

You think one guy is in charge of doing ALL of the new character models?

You have no idea how the Art team really works.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    You must not have seen the official forums lately, the response has been overwhelmingly positive.
    Official WoW forums are always a good place to gauge genuine majority feedback.

/sarcasm