Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
31
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    You wouldn't kill a mentally-retarded person who had even less cognitive capabilities than an animal. That is illegal, and thankfully so.
    The only people with less cognitive capabilities than animals - are people in vegetative state. And their relatives can kill them via doctors turning off the machine.
    A mentally retarded person is smarter than an animal. For one they can talk and understand speech. Mostly it's just learning disability, they are slower at learning stuff.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  2. #402
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Exactly this. Or stamp us out because they want land to make space for themselves 'because they're doing it to survive' when there's Mars and Venus so close by.
    But what if they can't survive Venus' heat or Mars' lack of atmosphere? You're being damned inconsiderate, Velaniz.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Exactly this. Or stamp us out because they want land to make space for themselves 'because they're doing it to survive' when there's Mars and Venus so close by.
    I always try and find a way to put humans as whole as the oppressed side when trying to make situations. It hits home a bit better than trying to bring out empathy for basically anything most of the time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I read a sci-fi short story sort of about that kind of concept. One sapient race was eating another sapient race, because the eaters were more intelligent than the others (think humans compared to, like, a race of chimps that all knew sign language.)
    I love sci-fi stuff, or the older sci-fi stuff, because it actually tried to bring thought into the situation a decent amount of the time. Now we just have shakenado and stuff >.>

    It's 5 A.M. and I am losing a grip on my ability to create coherent sentences. I think it is time for me to be done here for the night, lol.
    Last edited by Algathor; 2014-01-24 at 09:59 AM.

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The only people with less cognitive capabilities than animals - are people in vegetative state. And their relatives can kill them via doctors turning off the machine.
    A mentally retarded person is smarter than an animal. For one they can talk and understand speech. Mostly it's just learning disability, they are slower at learning stuff.
    There are levels of mental retardation. People profoundly mentally-challenged often aren't as intelligent as pigs or dogs, two species that are as intelligent as human 4 year olds. It depends on the kind of condition they have. You can go and look them up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    But what if they can't survive Venus' heat or Mars' lack of atmosphere? You're being damned inconsiderate, Velaniz.
    Yes of course, don't want to have to cause those aliens unnecessary suffering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

  5. #405
    Dreadlord Felicia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oak Harbor, Washington
    Posts
    913
    During my husband's college days... he had a run in with vegan preachers. They had rented out several tables in the cafeteria to show a video sponsored by PETA... of chickens/cows being slaughtered/processed. They were eating as well, but at a different table, not in view of the screen. A lot of people were complaining, but they wouldn't budge. My husband also said if they saw someone eating a burger or something, they'd go up to them and start bitching about it... after a few days of this. My husband got sick of them, ordered a double cheeseburger, and went to watch their video... while eating the cheeseburger, feigning interest. He disgusted them lol they never protested in the cafeteria again.

    It's also how he got his nickname... 'Evil Dave' :P

    I've personally never ran into a vegan/vegetarian preacher. I know plenty of vegetarians, but none really care what I eat. And I don't care what they eat. If they come over, I provide hummus or something for them. Or make a vegetarian friendly dish.

  6. #406
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    There are levels of mental retardation. People profoundly mentally-challenged often aren't as intelligent as pigs or dogs, two species that are as intelligent as human 4 year olds. It depends on the kind of condition they have. You can go and look them up.
    I don't need to look it up. They are smarter than animals. They can speak and understand speech.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  7. #407
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leuven, Belgium
    Posts
    100
    I find this thread extremely funny in many ways.. Especially when I see how many flawed arguments people make just so they can justify eating meat.
    I'm a vegan for 4 years now, my husband is vegan for 9 years (we are both perfectly healthy, take no supplements, just eat right and exercise (yes, plants have enough protein)). Now, why have we become vegan?
    - First of all, many people don't even know any more how their food is made, heck, half the children will say burgers come from McDonalds instead of a cow..
    - Mass genocide is not an argument for killing 65 billion animals a year to "feed" people...
    - It takes up to 5-10 kg of plant based food to get 1 kg of meat (not even going to start on the water..) so if you use the argument that plant farming is worse for the environment than meat I'd urge you to become vegetarian or vegan, cause you would be using less plant based food than a meat eater..
    - Using the excuse that not everyone can become vegan due to the place they live in does not comply to you. I have no problem with people eating meat when they need it to survive like dessert/Arctic regions, but again.. that's not you..
    - 85% of all meat contains antibiotics destroying your resistance to diseases and letting viruses become immune to them by mutation (pandemic).
    - Using the excuse that the world would be overrun by animals if we did not eat them is incorrect as these animals would not be there if you hadn't force bred them... Saying that these animals have then us to thank them for their lives would be like saying a child needs to be thankful to be alive if it was born in a concentration camp..

    I can go on a long way with this list but I won't bother. What I want to say with this comment is that meat eaters often complain about vegans and vegetarians "preaching" without even knowing why we do it.. I don't like this preaching any more than you do, but when people come up with arguments that don't even make sense just to defend a "habit" that they find hard to let go to (addiction) and meanwhile destroy the environment, sorry, that I just can't let go by without saying.
    I'd rather just want them to say "I don't give a fuck about anyone" instead of trying to make up lies. Cause at least then they would be telling the truth.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I don't need to look it up. They are smarter than animals. They can speak and understand speech.
    All animals (including humans) have their own way of communication. Still doesn't make em smarter than another animal. It are the cognitive abilities that define the "intelligence" of a sentient being. The fact that you don't want to look it up shows how much research you have done to come to your "fact".

  8. #408
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscuritatis View Post
    All animals (including humans) have their own way of communication. Still doesn't make em smarter than another animal. It are the cognitive abilities that define the "intelligence" of a sentient being. The fact that you don't want to look it up shows how much research you have done to come to your "fact".
    The fact that you don't understand the difference between "want" and "need" suggests that there's no point in communicating with you any further.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  9. #409
    I revel in the slaughter and consumption of animals.

    The taste of flesh cannot be exceeded by any plant based object.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    How about we wait till we're actually playing it before we go into estimating the amount of content in comparison to expansion x and how little it is and how bad it is and how feature y doesn't count because some people don't care about it and those people that like it don't count because they don't matter for some obscure reason?

  10. #410
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leuven, Belgium
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The fact that you don't understand the difference between "want" and "need" suggests that there's no point in communicating with you any further.
    If you had done research you would have found quite another outcome. Just trying to quickly dismiss something still doesn't make you right. So unless you can come up with more elaborate data your point is still quite void.

  11. #411
    @Obscuritatis
    Do you steal from Bees?
    Quote Originally Posted by Regard View Post
    The real reason you don't see news like this in your country is because your country has uneducated and piss poor criminals, and don't commit crimes worthy of news, or your media chooses not to report it.

  12. #412
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leuven, Belgium
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    @Obscuritatis
    Do you steal from Bees?
    No, I do not eat honey. Nor do I wear leather, wool, silk, fur, etc... or use any animals in entertainment.

  13. #413
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I don't need to look it up. They are smarter than animals. They can speak and understand speech.
    Many animals can speak and understand human speech. All different kinds of primates, dogs, pigs, dolphins... it's a pretty wide list.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

  14. #414
    Over 9000! Manakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cambridge!
    Posts
    9,041
    I stopped at preach, keep it to yourself.

    Really, don't preach religion to me, nor vegetarianism or any other belief or thought you hold.

    I understand the arguments for being a vegetarian, but steaks hold such power over me i can't swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh Manakin, have I told you lately that I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    The British did not play a major role in WW2

  15. #415
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,864
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Many animals can speak and understand human speech. All different kinds of primates, dogs, pigs, dolphins... it's a pretty wide list.
    No they can't, even with training.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

  16. #416
    Mechagnome Typhoon-AN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Deepest, darkest, East Midlands - UK
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscuritatis View Post
    "snipped massive rant regarding how meat is murder" I don't like this preaching any more than you do "remaining part of rant, regarding how meat is murder"
    You are the type of person the OP is talking about. You should go lie down for a few days after writing that huge essay, as I am sure it used up more calories than you take in over the course of a week.

    I love steak. If I had to kill the cow before eating my steak, I would. With my bare hands if no tools were available. You should try it, nothing tastes better than 16oz T-bone steaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Britain crushed the Egyptians as well. This is what they used to do, kill the people who want independence. Haven't any of you seen Brave heart? Falklands, Northern Ireland and Scotland should be able to break free like India did.

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Many animals can speak and understand human speech. All different kinds of primates, dogs, pigs, dolphins... it's a pretty wide list.
    No, they really don't.

    They associate the sound with the command. Humans are able to understand what someone is say and give a response and maintain a rapport.

    Animals hear the sound, understand that it means "perform this command" and follow out said commands.

    Other animals simply attempt Mimicry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    How about we wait till we're actually playing it before we go into estimating the amount of content in comparison to expansion x and how little it is and how bad it is and how feature y doesn't count because some people don't care about it and those people that like it don't count because they don't matter for some obscure reason?

  18. #418
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leuven, Belgium
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon-AN View Post
    You are the type of person the OP is talking about. You should go lie down for a few days after writing that huge essay, as I am sure it used up more calories than you take in over the course of a week.

    I love steak. If I had to kill the cow before eating my steak, I would. With my bare hands if no tools were available. You should try it, nothing tastes better than 16oz T-bone steaks.
    I also explained why it was necessary, a part people like to leave out when they do a "quotation" just to make their point valid. I know what meat tastes like. I'm only vegan for 4 years (something you also liked skipping apparently), and I don't need that taste to justify all the other points. Oh, and only one of my points was why meat is murder (the genocide part), all the others were environmental and health based (it helps if you read everything before replying..).

  19. #419
    I am Murloc! The Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Merry ol' England.
    Posts
    5,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscuritatis View Post
    No, I do not eat honey. Nor do I wear leather, wool, silk, fur, etc... or use any animals in entertainment.
    Ah, I love you kind of people.

    You do know there are fair ways of taking Honey from a Bee Hive right?

    You do know Leather is often a byproduct of the slaughtering of the animals right?

    You do know Sheep NEED to be sheared and it doesn't hurt the sheep AT ALL right?

    You do know Silkworms are a species of almost no brain matter and an actual pest right?

    You do know foxes are a pest in england right?


    Every single animal byproduct you mentioned can be gathered by humane and very reasonable ways. In fact I find it MORE Cruel and MORE Evil to let all the wool, leather and fur go to waste.

    Tell me, what should we do for the poor sheep and Alpacas? let them get overgrown?
    "What do you seek within the mountain?"

  20. #420
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,864
    Now for something completely different.

    The animals we eat are the animals that exists for us to eat them. If we were all vegan - all those animals wouldn't exists at all.
    We raise them to eat them. They should be grateful for the momentary existence we provide for them, because otherwise they wouldn't have existed at all.
    And what do you think will happen to all those animals that are still alive in the farms if we all were to become vegans tomorrow? They would be killed and utilized.
    So all vegans want to kill animals.
    My Little Borg: Friendship is Irrelevant

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •